Snowfall on Gotham 3

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Snowfall on Gotham 3

Postby TerraBull » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 pm

The Splicing bit to see if some plants would gain Human characteristics, to grow a people to help her?

The other bit with growing something that big? To use while the mentioned smaller and multiple plants did something else, A Decoy, well more like a diversion, as she would never just cut one of her creations off totally without back-up.

Minions.
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:08 pm

TerraBull wrote:The Splicing bit to see if some plants would gain Human characteristics, to grow a people to help her?

The other bit with growing something that big? To use while the mentioned smaller and multiple plants did something else, A Decoy, well more like a diversion, as she would never just cut one of her creations off totally without back-up.

Minions.

Ivy was already able to make plants that looked completely human in "House and Garden". Probably the most disturbing episode.
http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/House_%26_Garden
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:45 pm

I thought that they were unstable?

Would Splicing be able to stabilize them?

I may be mis-remembering..
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:56 pm

TerraBull wrote:I thought that they were unstable?

Would Splicing be able to stabilize them?

I may be mis-remembering..

She specifically had them have a short lifespan. Works out so that they would appear to be children during the day before becoming her disposable enforcers for a night.

As I am using the canon from the comics in that Ivy made a plant clone to hang out with Harley, she's obviously perfected long term plant doubles at this point.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Hmm.. not much else to say on it, just if Ivy would find the research valuable enough to learn, to keep up with the times.

At this point, Is there any of Poison Ivy's Old Criminal Haunt's left?

I have to ask, would the Jokerz attempt to get rid of Ivy as some 'newb' that is trying to start up a Rival Gang?

... On this note, would Harley's Grand-daughters attempt to hang out with her as a 'Family Tradition'? Because their Gandma did when she was young? Also a way to rebel?

On a non related note, I am curious? Would Ivy have understood a Lazarus pit enough to work Wonders/ Horrors with it? Even now, can she?
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

TerraBull wrote:Hmm.. not much else to say on it, just if Ivy would find the research valuable enough to learn, to keep up with the times.

While I'm sure it would be useful, she's going to end up rather distracted, and without enough time to acquire the information that would have been confiscated by the police.
At this point, Is there any of Poison Ivy's Old Criminal Haunt's left?

Ranma did fall into one.

As for other criminals, the Iceberg Lounge will still be in operation.
I have to ask, would the Jokerz attempt to get rid of Ivy as some 'newb' that is trying to start up a Rival Gang?
They could try.
... On this note, would Harley's Grand-daughters attempt to hang out with her as a 'Family Tradition'? Because their Gandma did when she was young? Also a way to rebel?

:wink:
On a non related note, I am curious? Would Ivy have understood a Lazarus pit enough to work Wonders/ Horrors with it? Even now, can she?

The lazarus pits seem to have a limited amount of use for Ivy's field of interest.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 pm

On the note of splicing once more.

Did any of the Jokerz ever undergo it? I am surprised a lot did not, some going for the Hyena motif.

I think it was said before and again, Just who are the major criminal players left in Gotham? (Did Penguin ever have a heir?)

I was wondering if there were areas where the Police did not go.

.. If the grand-daughters went to Ivy, would Harley be able to track them down? A Reunion of sorts?

I know Harley is too old to run around in costume anymore and I forget a lot of things, but just what does she do? Retired & on pension? Living on investments? Being a 'Arranger'? Someone that did what the Penguin did? Middle-man?
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:04 pm

TerraBull wrote:On the note of splicing once more.

Did any of the Jokerz ever undergo it? I am surprised a lot did not, some going for the Hyena motif.

There are at least 2 that are shown in the series who have been spliced. They are more into the clown theme not part animal kind.
I think it was said before and again, Just who are the major criminal players left in Gotham? (Did Penguin ever have a heir?)

I was wondering if there were areas where the Police did not go.

Penguin will have a business heir but I don't want to rehash old villains too much. Most BB villains dealt more with a younger segment who could be worked into Terry's life.
.. If the grand-daughters went to Ivy, would Harley be able to track them down? A Reunion of sorts?

I know Harley is too old to run around in costume anymore and I forget a lot of things, but just what does she do? Retired & on pension? Living on investments? Being a 'Arranger'? Someone that did what the Penguin did? Middle-man?
Spoiler but I was going to have Ivy track down Harley, since her purpose is basically to be a companion to Harley, and find out what she is. Which will take a lot of wind out of her sails for ENVIRONMENT NOW action.

Judging by the comment she made at the end of the movie, Harley completely retired from crime after the earlier events. So she's retired and on pension.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

You never know.

She may be retired now, but in the interval?

What I mean is, just because you are 'Old', does not mean Helpless, It is 'Getting Old' that what makes some Villains Dangerous.

She struggles to make a good home for them, and this is the thanks she gets?

To me it could go the other way, the twin's may be heir's. Who are throwing their lives, education, ect away, and for what? Minor, petty, things? Where is the Grand Schemes?

Breaking their Grandmother's Heart.

:P
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 am

‘It’s her.’ Ranma’s eyes widened momentarily at the realization that he was looking at the woman responsible for wrecking his life. He was about to charge out into the small clearing that she was sitting in when something tightened around his right ankle. ‘Hmm?’ Looking down, he found that a vine as thick as his arm was rapidly climbing up his leg. There was a snapping noise and the vine pulled taught momentarily before he suddenly found himself being flung through the air. Flailing his arms wildly, the plant holding his leg abruptly stopped, and he was left hanging upside down in mid air.

“Yum, little birdies.” He moaned, his head spinning from the sudden change in perspective along with all the blood rushing to it.

“Well-- hello boys.” A familiar female voice purred with a slight drawl. Ranma regained his composure and found himself with the inverted view of the red haired woman who had injected him with something. “I didn’t think I would see you again.” The woman told him.

“Er-- hi.” Ranma greeted, noticing that strange smell she had again. It was kind of like what he remembered from Chelsea the previous day only much stronger.

“Ah ah ah!” She tsked at Batman as several more vines wrapped him up completely. “I’m simply enjoying myself too much to let you ruin it. This will also give me a wonderful opportunity that I never took so long ago.” Sauntering up to Batman with a slow gate that Ranma couldn’t help but watch every moment of, the woman reached out for the vigilantes mask. “It’ll be so nice to know just who is the caped crusader.”

“I’d rather you didn’t.” Batman answered and as soon as the woman’s hand had touched the mask she cried out in pain as a visible bolt of electricity arced into her hand. “Since we have time to talk, how about you tell me how you’re alive?”

“Am I supposed to be dead?” She asked. “I suppose the dead should have some amusement.”

“You don’t get it do you? The Commish is going to tear through here to get out the people stuck and to find out who’s responsible. I would give you five or ten minutes before they start clear cutting.” Batman threatened.

“Yes I knew that would happen at some point.” Ivy moved within arm’s reach of him. “But why don’t you provide me with some amusement before I need to make a big get away?”

“Amusement?” He asked, wondering how he might help her out. Vaguely he heard Batman tell him something but he ignored it to stare into her eyes.

“Play with Batman, won’t you?” Ivy looked up at the vine holding his leg and he was slowly set down on the ground. “Make him black and blue.”

X x x x x x

‘This is going to be less than fun.’ Terry thought to himself as Ivy actually released the vine holding him. Ranma was obviously in an unstable state from his earlier actions and with the way he was looking at the woman now, was in even less of one.

“Poison Ivy can use different chemicals to control people.” Bruce’s voice informed him about that fact again. “And they seem to have a particularly strong effect on him.”

‘Thanks old man, great timing, and just fantastic advice.’ He thought sarcastically and recalled the kind of damage Ranma could do. Terry had no time to debate his options or talk his way out of this because Ranma had planted a fist into his stomach. The shock absorption of the suit barely kept him from having Ranma rip his spine out. Three more punches came in rapid succession before Ranma spun around completely on his heel to kick him in the face. Slamming into a tree, he bounced off to the side, and landed face first on the grass.

“Ow.” He groaned while struggling to breath.

“You need to get up and put some distance between Ranma and Ivy.” Bruce’s voice carried over the ringing in his head.

Two hands grabbed him from the back of his suit and pulled him up to his feet. Uninterested in playing Ranma’s punching bag any further, he activated the rocket boots, and shot up through the canopy into the sky. Opening the wings under his arms, he cut the power to the boots down to minimum, and hovered. Rubbing briefly at his jaw, Terry struggled to come up with a strategy for beating someone who physically outmatched him to such an extent.

Terry’s eyes widened as Ranma followed him up through the leaves. Without any assistance the teen reached nearly thirty meters above the top of the trees. Trying to dodge, he caught a downward kick to the back rather than on top of his skull. Spinning briefly as gravity took over, he righted himself, and shot off to head towards a building on the edge of the park. Landing in a crouch, he clutched at his back and ribs.

“This is not my day.” He grimaced. Even with the shock absorption built into the suit, it still felt like Ranma had been running him over with a truck. Turning back to the park, he didn’t see his mind controlled friend making anymore magical leaps. “Any ideas old man?”

“Ivy’s ability to control men has always been a problem. She took me by surprise several times.”

“There an antidote?”

“Whatever chemical she is using just needs to run it’s course.”

“Hmm, men huh?” Rubbing at his stomach one last time, he stood up straight. “There might be something I can do then.”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Crouched on top of a tree, Ranma glared at the building Batman was on. Without the ability to fly, he lacked any way to close the distance between himself and the vigilante. Laughing to himself, he now knew without a doubt that he was a better fighter. All the news and attention Batman received was undeserved. His thoughts came to an abrupt halt as Batman leapt off the roof and shot towards him. Waiting to knock Batman from the sky, the vigilante never got close enough, choosing to swerve and head deeper into the forest. Ranma followed immediately, leaping from branch to branch, and never letting his eyes leave the black figure.

Seeing Batman drop below the tree tops, Ranma landed on the nearest spot before dropping down to the floor below. Unable to locate his focus right away, he listened for sounds of movement. To his right a whistling was his only warning before a manriki came flying out of the plant growth at his feet. Leaping over the first, he was forced to avoid a second by twisting horizontally. A third nearly caught him off guard but he reached out and caught one of the weighted ends before spinning around completely and throwing it back at the thrower. (2)

Landing on all fours, he was off and moving towards Batman without hesitation. Diving through the brush, he missed a line stretched across leg height that tripped him, sending him into a front flip that left him lying on his back.

“Here kitty kitty.” Batman’s voice taunted out of sight.

Growling, Ranma’s head quickly shot back and forth, looking for the source. “Don’t call me that!”

“But you’re so fluffy wuffy adorable. How bout I give you a nice scratch behind the ears?”

“Shut up!” Running up to the tree he thought the voice was coming from, he slashed across it with his right arm. The tree momentarily stayed up before toppling over, filling the quiet forest with the harsh snaps of tree limbs as it fell.

“Did I touch a nerve?” Batman laugh derisively and on the move.

Catching movement out of the corner of his eye, Ranma took off after Batman, wary of any possible traps that might be in the way. Bursting through some brush, he slip to a stop in mud next to a small pond. Inspecting the ground for tracks, he quickly decided that he must have passed by the vigilante.

“Gotcha!” Batman exclaimed from behind him. Turning, he nearly caught a foot to the face, but Ranma dropped to his knees, allowing the black figure to sail past him, and fall into the pond.

“No, now gotcha.” Ranma snarled as he jumped in after Batman.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Slowly opening her eyes, Ranma sat up, feeling some echoes from a pleasant dream she had been having. “I’m in a forest.” She noted intelligently as the reason behind her location came back to her. There was a moderately sized pond in front of her but everything else was the large forest created by Poison Ivy. Crouched next to her was Batman and looking down she was soaked to the bone.

“Oh good, didn’t think that would pass out like that.” Batman informed her.

“Huh?” There was something about fighting Batman but she couldn’t really figure out why.

“Poison Ivy was controlling you. But it only works on guys so I got you to switch.” He explained. “Are you feeling alright?”

“I’ll live.” Grimacing, she quickly got to her feet upon realizing that her tail was pinned underneath her in the mud. “Maybe not.” Her grimace increased at all the mud in the fur.

“Listen, the police should be in here soon, so just stay here.” On Batman’s back, two wings unfolded behind and underneath his arms. “I need to go stop Ivy before she gets away.” Without waiting for a response to rockets on his feet lit up.

“Wait just a second!” Ranma shouted and grabbed him by the ankle. Briefly pulled up off her feet, the rockets quickly shut off and they both landed back in the water. “If you think I’m going to sit by after someone tried to screw with me AGAIN, you have to be the biggest idiot I’ve ever met.”

“Why can’t you just stay out of the way?”

“Why can’t you?!” Grabbing the suit around his chest, she dragged him down to eye level, and paused. Taking a few sniff with her nose, she found that without the heavy scent from Poison Ivy covering Batman she could pick up something else. “Terry?” Seeing Batman’s eyes widen momentarily was all the confirmation she needed. “You’re Batman?”

“Who’s Terry?” Batman asked and she punched him in the face as a retort. “What was that for?” He asked as he clutched his nose.

“You idiot, why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I don’t tell anybody.” He paused and took a deep breath. “That’s the point of a secret.”

“So?”

“So shut up, go turn yourself into the police, and let me do my job.”

“What are you an idiot? Why would I turn myself into the police?” She asked and planted her hands on her hips, completely clueless to why she would be in trouble.

Terry held up a hand and started to tick off fingers. “All the stuff you did to the cops trying to get at Cuvier, the ones you hit earlier at school, assaulting a teacher, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more.”

“What? When did I hit a teacher and some more cops?”

“You’re not funny Ranma.” Terry was able to shoot up out of the water and into the air with his rocket boots before Ranma could stop him. “Just let me handle this.”

“I’m not being funny!” She shouted as he moved out of hearing range. “What did I do?” Slumping her shoulders in defeat, she sighed, and looked around the small pond she was currently standing in. “I didn’t do anything.” Wading through the water, she tried to remember the events Terry, or maybe she should call him Batman, had described.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:52 pm

I do need some help with this scene. I am wondering if Ranma should try to use an alias or cause a conflict by asserting he is Ranma Saotome and show the curse?

-----------------

Barbara Gordon checked the incident report as she gave her husband some details on what had happened. Whoever had perpetrated the rapid forest growth had vanished while they were evacuating the high rise before it could topple over. When it did finally fall, as far as they could tell, no one was hurt because it had fallen on the empty park. The area was cordoned off, utilities were stopped, and cleanup crews would start sifting through the rubble in the morning.

“I should be home in a couple hours, don’t wait up.” She told her husband, wishing that she could drop off her mundane duties to someone else.

Leaving her desk, she headed out into the station to take a brief break, and take a short walk outside the station. She took a detour to check and see if anyone who had been trapped within the park were still making statements. Jumping backwards, her long out of practice instincts saved her from being run over by a desk that flew out one of the rooms to embed itself deeply into the opposing wall.

“I answered your stupid questions!” A teen girl’s voice yelled and one of Gordon’s officers hesitantly appeared backing out the door.

“Problems?” She asked, finding that it was a small Asian girl who had thrown a metal table weighing close to forty pounds like it was a frisby. The fact that the girl was spliced with some kind of cat could perhaps account for the extra strength.

“Commissioner.” The officer quickly straightened up, clearly embarrassed to be seen cowering from a young girl.

‘Boys.’ She mentally rolled her eyes, quickly remembering many times where she made grown men cower from just a look. “Isn’t she one of the few trapped in the park earlier?” She asked, not acknowledging the three other officers who showed up in response to the outburst.

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Then why is she still here?”

“Discrepancies.” The man gathered up a folder to hand to her. “No ID, no matching prints, she claims to be a boy named Ranma Saotome, who we have a warrant out on.”

Inside the folder was a photograph of the boy dated earlier in the day who looked to be the girl’s twin, right down to the splice. “Well is she under arrest for anything?”

“Vandalism?” He looked out at the table in the wall.

“See to the clean up.” She ordered, deciding to have a change of pace, and indulge herself in a bit of a mystery.

“Ma’am.” The officer nodded.

“Since this room is unusable, would you follow me?” She asked while gesturing to the spliced girl to follow. “Just to dots the i’s and cross the t’s.”

“Can I leave then?” The girl asked tiredly.

“I don’t see why not.” She answered, silently adding the caveat unless there was wrongdoing. It was a short walk to the room next door, and she sat down casually at the chair next to the table. The girl, claiming to be the boy Ranma, sat down across from her irritably. “I agree, it’s been a long day for me as well. Why don’t you tell me why you weren’t in school?”

“I don’t remember.”

“You don’t remember?”

“Do you have a hearing problem? I don’t remember. I tried to tell your flunky that the last thing I remember was having breakfast then going to school.” Ranma answered before developing an intense look of concentration. “Even that’s kind of hard to remember.”

Gordon sat in silence watching the girl have an internal battle with herself. “So you don’t remember anything about the park?”

“Some.” Ranma’s eyes darted around evasively. “A woman, named Poison Ivy.”

Barbara didn’t have to hide her shock because she had known that had been the culprit. Having it confirmed was affirming though. “Poison Ivy? Could you describe her? Start with how you met her.” She asked.

“I don’t know, she was just there, what part of I don’t remember is hard to understand?” Ranma explained with increasing agitation.

‘Sad to see a perfect example of why splicing is so bad.’ She didn’t know how to approach unstable people who weren’t psychotic villains. “Please, I’m just trying to help.” She reached over to try and put a reassuring hand on Ranma’s own but the girl pulled away quickly.

“I guess.” Ranma closed her eyes and rubbed at her temples. “I met her the other night, there was this-- it was a toxic spot, and she gave me this shot she said would protect me. It’s why I’m spliced again.”

“You mean you’ve met her before?” This was certainly starting to get into a weird territory.

“Yea for about five minutes.”

“And why is she responsible for you being spliced-- again?”

“That bastard Cuvier was having me model for some photoshoot he never paid me for. He gave me a perma dose that Batman reversed but then this shot put me right back to this.” Ranma gestured disgustedly towards herself.

“It seems you get around.” Barbara was reasonably surprised by the turn of events the teen in front of her must have gone through if the story was true. “Just so that I have your story straight. Dr. Cuvier spliced you to be a model with a permanent solution. Batman provided you with an antidote.” She would have to contact Bruce on that. “But then you ran across Poison Ivy while in a toxic part of the city and she injected you with something that reversed the antidote.”

“Pretty much, also probably stuck like this.”

‘Yes, Bruce would definitely be able to make or break this story.’ Judging by the story, Bruce would know firsthand from when his new errand boy was involved.

“All that aside, why do you not have any identification?”

“I must have lost it.” Ranma shrugged.

“And claiming to be the boy in this file?” She patted the folder. “Most of the people we get here using an alias pick one that wouldn’t get you arrested.”

“Um--.” The girl floundered for a response and fidgeted nervously.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:28 am

Changing stories would be a bad idea, telling the Truth may be worse.

But it may help somewhat if Ranma admits, just a bit, that she is having memory lapses, again, and to show the Curse and just say it is Magic, and that mixing all the things she has gone through has had side effects. Especially unintended ones.

I think the alias may backfire more.

One side note, will Ranma work at what he is, in effect becoming a Were? Shapeshifter?
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:39 pm

TerraBull wrote:Changing stories would be a bad idea, telling the Truth may be worse.

But it may help somewhat if Ranma admits, just a bit, that she is having memory lapses, again, and to show the Curse and just say it is Magic, and that mixing all the things she has gone through has had side effects. Especially unintended ones.

I think the alias may backfire more.

One side note, will Ranma work at what he is, in effect becoming a Were? Shapeshifter?

I think I'll have Ranma evade the entire issue by asking to go use the restroom. Once there he switches genders and tries to walk out, forgetting that he is wanted, leading to a big hoopla as he makes an escape.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Stories and C&C