A Silk Purse From a Sow's Ear 2

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

A Silk Purse From a Sow's Ear 2

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:55 am

Disclaimer, I do not own the characters of Ranma or Sailor Moon used here. I do own the mind that produced this idea, but only because it's against Federal Law to sell it.
A Silk Purse From a Sow's Ear 2 - By Daniel Gibson <dan_s.comments@att.net>
. . Genma, or as he was known now Mimumu, the mini-Moon Moose, waited in his insufferably cute and chibified human form. If one more biddy pauses from running away from that monster to pinch my cheeks, Genma thought as he glowered at one passing even now, I'm going to let that monster eat her. The woman wisely returned to running away screaming. Genma glanced around the corner at the creature. Something had resurrected Jadeite from his crystal sleep and turned him into this. 30 meters tall, joints bending in nonhuman ways, some of the angles are . . . wrong, and tufts of hair scattered over it's skeletal form. Definitely Galaxia's work, Beryl's a bit vain about her Generals' appearances. If I hadn't seen Jadeite before, I would never have recognized him.
. . "Oh he's sooo cute!" Some elderly woman had picked Genma up by his rosy, chubby cheeks and was pinching them worse than any youma ever had.
. . "Unhand me madam!" he commanded with all the hauteur he could manage.
. . "He can already talk!" the woman cooed and continued her assault that would have pulverized a bowling ball.
. . Oh the indignity! Genma lamented bravely, As Moon Moose, I'd be a magnificent creature, 2 meters at the shoulder, gracefully sweeping antlers, 1400 kilos of pure sleek muscle. My human form would have been equally magnificent, not like those poseur felines. Instead, my heartless son had to toss me into that pool. "The trials a true martial artist must bear!" he proclaimed, not disturbing the pinching grannies a bit. Now knock-offs of my image have dethroned 'Hello Kitty' as the 'Most Kawwwwaaaaaaiiii!!!!! In Japan', Genma thought, crying bravely at it all and his inspiring stoicism in the face of it, The shame and indignity of it all.
. . The woman and her coterie of friends eventually remembered to run away from the monster, Genma had already learned no protest or action would get his `admirers` to leave as quickly as showing no reaction. Genma unstoppered the bottle, the only reason he was in his human form was that a Moon Moose had no hands. He gave a smile that would have chilled any denizen of the Negaverse to the bone, if it didn't kill them instantly.
. . "Time to share," he said as he threw.
------------------------------
. . Haruka waited, trying to ignore the squirming girl under her arm. Of course the Inners get trashed, she thought, The ony reason Michiru and I don't trash this twit is neither of us want a lecture from Pluto on 'collateral damage', one shopping district to save the world, that's a fair trade I'd say, but noooo. As if losing one mall would prevent the rise of Crystal Tokyo, sheesh. So while the Inners are over Sailor mooning over Tuxudo Mouth, and wishing their henshin pens came with a boyfriends attached, I wait with this . . . creature, waiting for another creature. She sighed.
. . Sometimes I wonder if Mimumu, our `advisor` is on the right side. Genma's right, this will work, Haruka thought as she shuddered in horror, It's just . . . this is evil, truly evil. And I should know. I'd only do this to a General, not a regular youma. Even then, I pity the fool.
. . As the Jusenkyo water landed on once-Jadeite, she watched in fascination as the hideous monster twisted, writhed and screamed as it shrank and cutened. Haruka drew on every bit of Ryoga, to avoid running over and embracing her once foe, while squealing with delight. It's not that cute, it's not that cute, it's not that cute. Get it for Akane, no bad thought, get it for Michiru, I -
. . "NO!" Haruka howled her defiance at an uncaring universe. She glared hatefully at the transformed general, who squirmed cutely in mortal terror. Even the wriggling form under his arm had fallen silent and limp. "For what you have done!" She took a menacing step towards the Once-General. "For the Hell you have made me remember and relive!" Her battle aura raged fierce and crimson-red around her. "You deserve NO MERCY!" Haruka unshackled her burden, letting the girl stand on her skates. As Haruka ran away, she jerked the hood off the girl's head and let her pink hair spread out.
. . Turn the corner, don't panic, just keep running, Haruka reminded herself as she ran in blind terror of a Hell few could understand, Genma's right, once the Negaverse finds out, maybe they'll stay away!
. . From behind her, she heard a sound that still woke her from a sound sleep in a cold sweat. Even Michiru's soothing presence did nothing to quiet those fears, she would cry like a baby until the sun rose. She hated the helpless, fearful look on her gentle Michiru's face on those nights. There's nothing anybody can do, she thought furiously, pouring on more speed.
. . I've turned three corners! Haruka thought desperately, running as fast as her long legs could carry her, Most of the Inners still thought I was a boy, so I've got to be safe! I must run away, I must run away, I must run away. Genma, the mini-Moon Moose raced past her.
. . "You can't outrun her," Haruka offered sympathetically, "I tried, gods know I tried!"
. . "Not - faster - her," Genma gasped with effort as his tiny legs blurred, "Just - faster - you!"
. . Then it came again, spurring Haruka on to a greater paroxysm of speed. "Rafael! Don't run away, Azusa has a ribbon!"
Lost him we have, to the pink side of the Force
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C