Platinum 3

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Platinum 3

Postby LawOhki » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:10 pm

“Hey Saito, I seem to remember that you owe me some money.” Nabiki picked at some imaginary dirt underneath her fingernails. Three days she had been trapped as a wyrm now, three days of being turned into a ten year old child, and she had found that the change in form carried several perks.

For one she was far stronger than a normal human now. While not up to her gorilla of a younger sister's strength, she had been accidentally breaking things enough to know that she could crush bones if she tried. A fact she had quickly impressed upon the few people who had neglected to pay her the money she so richly deserved.

“Whatever Nabiki, like I'm going to pay you an extra five thousand yen just cause you want to add some weird interest.” Saito, an average guy who she had found pleasing to the eye before, but now she simply couldn't see how she had. Seeing a person's aura really did change how you viewed a person, she was seeing his soul. Of course she had no clue what the various colors actually meant, but there were obvious differences from person to person. Or it could just be that ten year olds generally don't look at guys like that.

“You heard what happened to Suzuoki right?” She threatened, having broken several fingers of the boy who had decided to poke her on the nose.

“I told you I'm not going to pay you.” Saito continued to walk away from school, and she quickly took a hop forward, and poked him hard in the stomach. Instantly he doubled over in pain, collapsing into a heap on the ground.

“Now what kind of punishment would be worth your debt?” She mused, taking particular pleasure in the way Saito seemed to realize just how strong she had become.

“There you are.” An unwelcome voice declared just before she was lifted off the ground by Two grabbing the back of her school uniform. “Sire said you could go to school for some reason only a dragon can understand, but you know full well that he expects you to return immediately, not play with humans.”

“Let me go you idiot!” She flailed her arms and legs in a futile attempt to get Two to release her. “I don't have to follow any orders from that jackass!”

“I see that I'll need to go over your responsibilities and restrictions again.” Two ignored her completely and started to walk with her dangling from an outstretched hand. Fuming but unable to change her position without turning into her wyrm form, which she hated with a passion, Nabiki just crossed her arms, and glared at any passerby who even looked at her.

X x x x x x

Yawning, Ranma rolled on to his back, and kicked his legs into the air several times before fully rolling over to the other side. Laying next to the shogi board outside the living room, Genma was on the opposite side, and it was his turn to make a move.

“Check boy.”

Getting up into a sitting position, Ranma surveyed the board, and his father's aura at the same time. It frustrated him to no end how his father, a lowly human, could beat him repeatedly at such a deceptively simple game. Picking up a piece in his claws, he moved it to take the piece that his father had just moved. Before he could lay back down, Genma made another move.

“I win again boy.”

“What!” He all be screamed, glaring at the board.

“You lasted ten minutes this game, at this rate you'll be a shogi champion in a few centuries.” Genma joked.

Storming off to go get something to snack on, he purposely knocked the board with his tail as he passed, jostling all the pieces out of position. 'Stupid humanoid games, there should be a dragon character who would just eat all the others!' He was stopped from entering the kitchen by a familiar tickle running across his senses in the wake of a massive burst of ether directly in front of the outside gate. The doorbell rang once, but he was frozen in place, when it rang a second time Kasumi passed by him to answer it.

Mechanically he moved to the corner of the hallway that lead to the right and the entrance, he peaked his head around the corner. Kasumi was just greeting a woman just over 160 centimeters tall, in a silver business suit without a blouse beneath her jacket. The bangs of the woman's dark blue hair fell in to locks on either side of her face, with the back fanning out behind her head.

“Hello, I am agent Debra with Agency Zero.” Debra greeted Kasumi, her voice being translated by a spell. “I'm looking for the new owner of the home Nod'ka or her son Ra'ma.” Making a small whimpering noise, Ranma pulled his head back around the wall, knowing that it would be of little use to hide him from Debra's sight.

“Please come in, I'll get Ranma for you.”

'Oh no you won't.' Ranma spun around and took off down the hall as quickly as he could. He knew that Debra worked for Agency Zero, a police force for super criminals on Earth, and he didn't want to find out why she'd be tracking him or his mother down. Hitting the shogi board again as he ducked out the doorway and into the yard, he came to a sudden halt after striking a pair of legs. Backing up and shaking his head, he looked up to find Debra had beat him to the door.

“Tut tut tut nephew, it's not nice to run away when family is at the door. That and it looks really suspicious.” She waved a finger disapprovingly in his direction.

“Um-- hi Auntie.” He laughed nervously. “What brings you here?”

“It's Agency policy to investigate purchases of Jade based individuals on Earth realm. Naturally me and my partner were assigned to the mission.”

“Partner?” Ranma wondered, being too focused on Debra to notice any other dragon.

“These Japanese homes are even smaller than American ones!” A deep female voice grumbled as an extremely tall and well built dark skinned woman followed Kasumi into the living room. She was wearing a brown and white business jacket but with a skirt barely down to midthigh, and everything was small enough that it molded to her body.

“You work with that monster?”

“I'm not a monster you little twerp!” The huge woman literally broke through the door and ceiling on her way out to squash him to the ground with a hand against his back between his shoulder blades.

“Xane.” Debra warned. “That's my nephew you're picking on.”

“Really?” Xane asked stupidly, lifting him up underneath his forearms. “This little runt?” Narrowing his eyes, his developing ether vents lit up, and he blasted her in the face.

“Ha ha ha! Who's a runt now you-- you--.” Ranma gulped, realizing that the woman's hands hadn't faltered in the slightest, and when the small cloud of smoke generated by the explosion cleared, he could see that he had only messed up her hair and makeup.

“You little.” Xane started to shake him violently.

“Yea do it some more! Get the jerk!” Nabiki called from the destroyed entrance into the home.

“Xane.” Debra warned, this time with more force.

“Fine.” Xane released him to fall clumsily to the grass. Wavering side to side, he slowly laid himself down to let the world stop spinning.

“Two wyrms?” Debra asked. “Your mother only reported sending one.”

“I'm not a wyrm.” Nabiki protested, Ranma noticing that the new wyrm was being held in place by Two. “That bastard cursed me to be one, I'm human.”

“Well that explains why you were trying to run.” Debra sighed, reaching down to grab the corner of his head crest between two fingers. “You have some explaining to do young man.”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Platinum 3

Postby LawOhki » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:03 pm

“I have to admit, it's impressive that you were able to cast such a spell.” Debra admitted after hearing the full story. Any dragon could see that Ranma and his human father were afflicted by shape change magic. A strange sort of spell that she was having trouble understanding, which in and of itself was incredibly interesting. The fact that it reminded her of Array, or her true name Summoner, immediately drew her complete attention. “Where did you say you picked up your curse?”

“Jusenkyo, in China.” Ranma answered.

“Hey, can you change me back?” The adolescent wyrm asked and Debra was once again taken back that she was being talked to by a wyrm. Then again, she wasn't really a wyrm, so she could endure it.

“I'm thinking.” She answered the girl. At the very least she had to investigate Jusenkyo. Pulling out her cell phone, she dialed the line to Headquarters. “Agent M, this is Star Platinum, something has come up and I'm going to need to head to China in order to check it out. Would you mind recalling Xane with the teleporter?”

“Debbie, what's going on?” Xane asked, hovering nearby.

“I need to take him with me to China.” She pointed at Ranma.

“I should be going.” Genma demanded.

“Can you breath in the upper atmosphere?” She asked, never having liked Genma, she didn't want to drag him along. That and pushing through air pockets at high speed was annoying.

“Probably not.” Genma took a moment to think on it.

“There's no way you're getting him cured and leaving me here with her!” Nabiki pointed a finger at Two. “And I have a name you stupid wyrm, Nabiki, Na bi ki! Not Six.”

“Enough!” She raised her hands and drew everyone's attention. “You can come.” She pointed at Nabiki, figuring that the girl would survive for a short time. “You're coming and when we're done I'll be calling your mother to tell her the trouble you've been causing.”

“Oh come on!” Ranma exclaimed and she silenced him with a glare.

“We should probably get going.” She excused herself from the humans who were inhabiting her relatives new home before grabbing one of Ranma's wings. “Keep that attitude up and I'll make you fly there yourself.” Motioning towards the small wyrm girl, she took both of them out into the street.

“If we're going to China, shouldn't I pack something?” Nabiki asked.

“I really didn't mean to give her a wyrm's intelligence.” Ranma apologized.

“Attitude.” She warned and after checking to make sure she wouldn't destroy anything, changed into her true form. Carefully adjusting her position, she tried not to crush anything, being over nine meters tall at her shoulder, and twice that in length made the task difficult in the small street outside the gate. Finally in a position where she wasn't putting bystanders at risk, she began charging up the ether sails on her back, the two on her back and one above the base of her tail hummed with ether.

Debra took a moment to preen mentally over the gaping humans who had followed her out of the home. Even to dragons she was impressive, larger and stronger than any other platinum dragon, and then there was her regal presence. Something her mother had always displayed even in the most dire of circumstances.

“Let's go.” She held out her right hand for the two children to ride on. Right away Ranma hopped on without hesitation, the wyrm cursed girl simply stood staring at her like she couldn't possibly be real.

X x x x x x

Nabiki stared at the enormous hand that Ranma had jumped on to, unable to grasp just how big a fully grown dragon was. She had assumed that Two was close to what a dragon's final size was, and she had even spent time around the same size. But Debra was easily that height tall. A fully grown wyrm was a decent meal for a dragon. Gulping, she also realized that Nod'ka was also around Debra's size or bigger, and that meant she had been trying to con someone who could use her for a toothpick.

“If you want to remain a wyrm that's fine.” Debra started to pull her hand up into the air. Scrambling to climb on to the hand, the horror of being a giant snake for the rest of her life kicked in. The giant clawed fingers of Debra's hand closed around them slightly, and she found herself grabbing one of them like her life depended on it.

With a vicious rush of air, Nabiki was flattened into the palm of Debra's hand along with Ranma. A moment later the force abated and she was able to sit up and look through the fingers to see the ground kilometers below. Wrapping her hands and legs around one of Debra's fingers again, she watched the ground continue to fall away, and the air get thinner as they climbed above the clouds.

'Oh crap, please don't fall, please don't fall.' She prayed, remembering that Debra didn't really have wings, which suddenly seemed very odd to her, since they were obviously flying.

“Hey Auntie go faster!” Ranma called to the other dragon.

“You idiot, don't tell her that!” She released her hold and hit Ranma over the head.

“Children.” Debra warned.

“If I fall and die I'm totally going to haunt you for eternity.” She glared at the dragon in front of her and sat down with a huff.

“You really must have a wyrm brain. Even a wyrm could survive almost any fall.”

“Yea right, we're way too high up for that.”

“Idiot, you can only fall so fast, it doesn't really matter how high you are.”

Nabiki blinked several times, remembering physics class and the equations they required gravity. Terminal velocity being the maximum speed gravity could induce in an object do to wind resistance. So it really didn't matter that they were flying where the air was thin. 'Very thin.' She noted, having some trouble breathing.

“Then again you'd probably stick to your human disguise and go splat.” Ranma interrupted her thoughts.

“If it wasn't for you I would still be human.” She spat, glaring at him.

“Why are you still angry about that? Seriously, you'll like being my slave.”

“Why would I be happy to be your slave?”

“I dunno, I'm a dragon, I don't think about stuff like that.”

“Idiot.” She rubbed at her temples.

“Ranma, where is this magical area?” Debra asked, her voice carrying over the roar of wind somehow.

“You can't feel it?” The dragon boy asked.

“No, there's smaller locations of magic but nothing like you described.”

“It's over in that direction.” Ranma pointed to the left and Debra titled to the left altering her flight. “You seriously can't feel it?”

“Not even a void.” Debra answered, their speed slowing, and descending till they were below the few wisps of clouds. “How far?”

“Right there, to the right of that tall mountain.” Ranma answered.

Nabiki peered through Debra's fingers and watched the landscape scream by at high speeds. Suddenly Debra angled downwards to the ground, directly at a valley filled with various springs that she recognized as Jusenkyo from when Ranma had shown off how he and Genma had been cursed.

“Ahh we're going to crash!” She cried out, clutching on to Ranma, who would be no help in the event that the did, and squeezing her eyes tight. Everything suddenly came to an abrupt halt, and she slowly opened her eyes to see that they were safely on the ground, Debra in human form was standing nearby, already scanning the area with her eyes glowing a soft green.

“You can let him go now.” Debra told her and she looked down to see that she was squeezing Ranma's neck, and cutting off his air.

“I don't really want to.” She squeezed a bit more.

“It wasn't a request.”

“Fine.” She released Ranma, who gasped for air, and quickly scrambled over to hide behind Debra's legs.

“Strange, now that I'm here I can't help but notice the ether surrounding the area. Some kind of passive presence mask, but it doesn't disrupt the trails.” Debra thought out loud. “Didn't you notice it the first time you came here?”

“I wasn't looking.” Ranma answered. “And passive ether is hard to spot.”

“Very true.” Debra agreed, pointing a finger at the tall mountain the south. “Seems like that is the center of the presence mask, let's start there.”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:44 am

That's an interesting spin.
At last there's happening something epic :D The antics of a dragon in Nerima were nice and funny, but this move really brings in some fresh air.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby borgrabbit » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Nice chapter so far. Am I imagining things or is there a gap between Nabiki being human and being a wyrm?
Oh well. Two fire affiliated species meeting may be very interesting, though an adult dragon ought to cow Saffron.
Old fart.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Today's cliche is next century's classic.
borgrabbit
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Deric » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:17 am

LawOhki wrote:Terminal velocity being the maximum speed gravity could induce in an object do to wind resistance.

DUE to wind resistance. Only error I saw.

Everything else looks good, the story continues to draw my attention. Good work.
Some people work to achieve peace and harmony.
I'm not one of them.
Deric
Senshi Candidate

Postby LawOhki » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Funnily enough, Jusendo does advertise with tourist agencies as the source of Jusenkyo. In either 37 or 38, their flier is shown.

-------------

“Who puts a door into the side of a mountain?” Ranma in human form, asked rhetorically, cocking his head to the side while looking at ornate golden arch that opened up into a long set of steps. On the very top of the arch was a stylized bird with red plumage.

“Guess it's for the people that live here.” Debra added, looking up to the top of the sheer face of the mountain. “Perhaps they'll have some answers.”

“Does that mean we get to terrorize some humans?” He asked excitedly, having been told some tales before bedtime by his mother about how dragons used to do as they pleased, and didn't have to abide by the humanoid laws.

His favorite had been the one about the dragon who had taken up residence outside of a human village in Europe. Being the fearful ignorant peasants that they were, they didn't see the presence of such a magnificent creature as a boon to their village. When they sent warriors to slay the dragon, they were all killed. For the inconvenience of vaporizing such weak warriors, the dragon demanded a weekly payment in cattle. When the humans refused, the dragon simply destroyed the village, and took everything.

“No, we are most certainly not.” Debra tugged on his ear. “Who filled your head with that nonsense?”

“No- nobody.” He winced, also remembering some stories from the other dragons he had met before coming to Earth realm. Their parents told some stories that were a bit more colorful.

“Well whoever, it is not alright to just go terrorizing humans whenever you want.” Debra gave one last painful tug before releasing him. “I am definitely going to have to have a long talk with your mother.”

X x x x x x

“Auntie, are humans supposed to have wings?”

“No.” Debra answered her relative, intrigued by the strange, and armed figures that greeted them at the top of the long staircase. Every species has a specific look to their ethereal aura. These winged humans, featuring scaly clawed hands and feet, looked for all purposes to be human.

“We the Phoenix tribe greet you.” A female with white hair and armor announced. “But we do not welcome you into our home lightly. What is your business here landlings?” Ranma's sarcastic laugh before she could answer probably wasn't the best response.

“I'm investigating the magical phenomenon in the valley here. I know this mountain is the source of the water for all the springs, but you have extra spells in place that originate here.” She answered as politely as she could, instantly the three winged humans were on their guard.

“How do you know this?” The female demanded.

“Are you the ones responsible for the spell blanketing this area?” She asked, unwilling to divulge her species without need. If these humans were the ones keeping such a spell in place, then they would be unlikely to give out information freely.

“How interesting.” An elderly male voice announced the presence of a short bent over man, who looked like he was part fazant. “Please ignore our Captain's rudeness. It's not often that a dragon visits.”

“Are you the one in charge?” Debra asked.

“No, Lord Saffron is, but he's unavailable. I am Sambar.” The fazant man bowed politely. “Please, follow me.”

Following the old man with the two children in tow, the hallway was a circle, with round access points like the door at the base of the steps out to the side of the mountain designed to minimize the wind coming in. There were some rooms inside, but for the most part the hallway remained without anything to mar the intricate design work on the walls.

“If I had known you were coming I would have informed the guards to let you in.” The old man explained.

“Do you have many dragon visitors?” She wondered.

“No-- not many, but there is one.”

“And what is their name?”

“He has never told us his name. But he is the only one able to navigate the labyrinth of traps that are underneath our mountain.” Exiting through an access point, they followed stairs up and around the outside of the mountain, before entering into another entryway near the top. Inside there was a small platform that suddenly dropped downwards into an endlessly dropping pit, that looking up proved to be open to the sky. “No wind will enter this place, and any who have went down, have never returned.”

“Then how do you know what's down there?” Ranma asked.

“We don't know for sure, but we have been warned that while he would cause us no harm, the traps he had setup to guard his lair were deadly and numerous.”

“Thanks for the info.” Stepping over the edge, she changed into her real form, and swung around to hover in front of the children. Ranma had also assumed his true form and was peering over the side ready to jump off. “No flying for you Ranma, I don't know what traps might be waiting.”

“Aww.” Ranma whined but hopped into her waiting hand.

“I uh-- think I'll wait here.” Nabiki backed away from the edge.

(You would rather remain here with a large group of strange humans who have been far too friendly?) She low speaked to the girl, who glanced at the old man quickly before hopping into her hand. “Thanks again.” She told the elderly man before cutting off the ether supply to her wings and dropped down into the darkness.

Casting a simple light spell, she powered up her ether sails to slow her descent. The pit was large enough that she couldn't touch the sides. Whoever was living here was a large dragon, not a Platinum like her or Ranma, but one with actual wings. A Gold perhaps, and a big one at that.

Reaching the bottom, she scanned the floor as thoroughly as she could before allowing any part of her body to touch. Seeing nothing that would set off a trap, she came to a rest, and let the children off in order to return to her human disguise. “This maybe difficult.” She put a hand on both of her young charges shoulders to stop them from moving around.

Debra had picked up the subtle hint of passive ether lining the walkway that left the main platform, and headed down at a comfortable angle. The hall was big enough for her to proceed in dragon form, but not big enough that she would be able to move freely. This lair was designed to kill the stupid, while allowing the smart to pass easily by. Any human unable to see the ether traps would be killed within a few steps.

“Follow me and do not touch ANYTHING.” She told both of them.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby gsteemso » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

What the heck is a fazant? Do you mean ‘pheasant’?
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 am

gsteemso wrote:What the heck is a fazant? Do you mean ‘pheasant’?

Ugh, how did I mess that up?
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 pm

A bit of the previous snippet was altered. Where it went seemed too much like they were trying to rob the place instead of saying hello.

----------------

“I uh-- think I'll wait here.” Nabiki backed away from the edge.

(You would rather remain here with a large group of strange humans who have been far too friendly?) She low speaked to the girl, who glanced at the old man quickly before hopping into her hand. “Thanks again.” She told the elderly man before cutting off the ether supply to her wings and dropped down into the darkness.

Casting a simple light spell, she powered up her ether sails to slow her descent. The pit was large enough that she couldn't touch the sides. Whoever was living here was a large dragon, not a Platinum like her or Ranma, but one with actual wings. A Gold perhaps, and a big one at that.

Reaching the bottom, she scanned the floor as thoroughly as she could before allowing any part of her body to touch. Seeing nothing that would set off a trap, she came to a rest, and let the children off in order to return to her human disguise. She put a hand on both of her young charges shoulders to stop them from moving around.

Debra had picked up the subtle hint of passive ether lining the walkway that left the main platform, and headed down at a comfortable angle. The hall was big enough for her to proceed in dragon form, but not big enough that she would be able to move freely. This lair was designed to kill the stupid, while allowing the smart to pass easily by. Any human unable to see the ether traps would be killed within a few steps.

“Hmm, where is it.” She wondered, walking around the platform.

“Where's what?” Nabiki asked, watching her curiously.

“Ranma please explain to her.” She told her nephew.

“Auntie is looking for the doorbell.”

“Since when do dragon lairs have doorbells?” The girl asked.

“Since before humans walked upright.” Ranma answered haughtily.

“Got it.” Tapping a small piece of unappealing stone, a faint chime echoed throughout the great cavern. Waiting in silence for a minute, she was almost ready to leave when the sound of scales rasping against rock reached her ears. The visible traps quickly deactivated before the rock behind them started to slide outwards. Ancient magically powered mechanisms pulled a square block, opening up a space that she could easily have fit through in dragon form.

“And now we have our invitation.” She announced, the slab of rock splitting in half and separating to the sides, allowing them free passage into another hall.

X x x x x x

Ranma followed after his Aunt, letting her check for any last minute traps, with Nabiki following behind him as they moved through the hall. Whoever lived here didn't seem to be a typical dragon. Everything was simple, understated, and modest. A lair was an indicator of the wealth and general status of a dragon. Crude, poorly designed and defended lairs were obviously those of a young and inexperienced dragon. This dragon was presenting no outward signs of wealth, but his lair was immaculate, with the refined touch of eons of careful creation.

He saw the lower body before the hallway opened up into a cavern over fifty meters tall. Rising up like a giant cobra was the largest being Ranma had ever seen. Six softly glowing blue eyes stared down at them as they entered. The head itself hovering nearly at the ceiling, with the body trailing down and around like a coiled snake. The serpents underbelly was a pale blue to the point of silver, while it's back was a powder blue.

“Grand father what are you doing here?” Debra asked without much respect.

“Gr-Grandfather Exthilion.” He stuttered, barely able to comprehend who he was meeting. The Great Serpent, the original dragon, keeper of Merlin's Enigmas, the most powerful being in existence.

“Grandfather?” Nabiki asked stupidly. “How many freaking relatives do you have?”

“Being that this is my home D'bra, I should be the one asking that question.” Exthilion replied slowly, his voice carrying the weight of his great age. “And how, as this area is enchanted so that no dragon can find their way here.”

“How about half dragons?” Debra glanced at him, which he barely noticed, still staring up into the eyes of Exthilion.

“Half what?” Exthilion asked, lowering his head half way and peering directly at Ranma. Being no bigger than one of Exthilion's eyes, Ranma backed away slightly at the scrutiny.

“Human.” Debra supplied.

“I see, such a union was so unlikely at the time of creating my home, that I did not think to provide defense from humans.”

“I- I'm a dragon.” He tried to correct his forefather.

“Indeed you are.” Exthilion's expression softened momentarily. “But why are you out here in this remote area of Earth realm?”

“Well Ranma, explain.” Debra smiled with amusement at his awe.

“Er, that is- I was cursed by Jusenkyo to become human.” He started to explain.

“What is this Jusenkyo?” Exthilion interrupted him.

“The uh valley below here has a-- bunch of pools. If you fall in, you become whatever drowned there.” He explained.

“Your lair appears to be the origin of this magic.” Debra supplemented.

“Most perplexing.” Exthilion's eyes glowed briefly and in a small flash of white light a humanoid figure appeared before his head. Ranma blinked his eyes several times, trying to process the information his eyes were telling him about the humanoid. He couldn't quite look at the form, his eyes simply slipping over it.

Exthilion seemed to be talking to the humanoid through telepathy before he spoke. “It appears that the boon I granted the people living above my home has spread to this valley. The waters above feed the pools below, causing a temporary transformative effect.”

“Can you cure me?” Ranma tempted his fate to ask, wondering what he would have to give in return.

“Of course.” Exthilion answered.

“What about me?!” Nabiki suddenly demanded. “He!” She hissed and pointed at him with a finger. “Used his wyrm slave to turn me into one with that Jusenkyo stuff!”

“You did?” Exthilion titled his great head to the side. “How?”

“Er, I just combined the three spell circles and it worked.” He answered truthfully.

“You would be wise in the future child, not to play with magic you do not understand.”

“Yes Grandfather.” He nodded rapidly.

“Your role in this D'bra?”

“Part of my job with Agency Zero, little bit of curiosity, and he is my nephew.” Debra answered.

“I will remove the enchantment as well as return you to your true form, in reward for D'bra's generosity. But know this, you can never return here, and I never want to learn that you have used the spell circle again.” Exthilion dictated.

“That's fine.” Ranma answered, a cure for becoming human was worth losing even such a powerful spell.

Exthilion closed his six eyes, while the humanoid spun slowly to face them. In a brief flash of orange light, Ranma had to shut his eyes tight when they were suddenly transported outside into bright sunlight. “What happened?” He asked, shaking his head.

“An ejection spell.” Debra supplied.

“Something isn't quite right.” Nabiki drew their attention.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Nabiki looked back and forth between her two traveling companions, she knew magic now. Every pro and con to the disguise spell Debra was using to appear human. Every spell that she had seen since becoming a wyrm, suddenly made perfect sense. She could cast them if she wanted, how to do them didn't appear, only that she could.

Looking down at her fore legs, she shifted uneasily, standing comfortably on all fours, with a tail shifting automatically to balance her body. Two wings were folded against her back, and she experimentally spread them to confirm that they were part of her body. Flapping them once, she felt a small amount of ether be expended, instantly knowing that flight wasn't powered purely by physical muscle, but was augmented by magic.

“It looks like Grandfather misinterpreted your request.” Debra noted.

“Ya think?” She snapped before finding Ranma's dragon face right up against her own.

“What do you have to be angry for?” Ranma demanded. “Grandfather himself gave you the gift of being a dragon, and you act like he made you a human?!”

“Enough Ranma.” Debra forcibly stepped between both of them, though Nabiki could still see Ranma glaring angrily at her from between the woman's legs. “We'll return to your home, and I'll try and get into contact with Grandfather to fix this.”

“Why can't we just go back? We know the way?” She asked.

“The reason we were ejected, was that he didn't want us to find our way back. Thankfully we don't have to worry about you dying before he can be contacted.”

“Wha- what is that supposed to mean?” She asked.

“Grandfather sometimes goes centuries without being in contact.” Debra explained and Nabiki's face fell.

“I can't stay like this a hundred years!” She protested.

“You'll be fine, you won't even be in your teens yet.” Debra said with all seriousness.

“Herb Herb Herb! Is this a woman?” A male voice asked excitedly in Chinese, Nabiki without a though used a spell to translate their speech, immediately after the question two boys ran up to stare at Debra. One was very tall, wearing clothes with a tiger motif. The other was much shorter, with a wolf themed outfit. Nabiki immediately noticed with her new eyes, that these boys had a strange double ethereal body. A melding of their human forms, and the animals their clothing was based off of.

“Get away from her you idiots.” A third boy quickly grabbed the two and threw them away from Debra with incredible force. “I cannot apologize enough for their actions. While my sight is limited, I can see clearly that you three are dragons.” This new boy bowed deeply to Debra, and then both her, and Ranma. As with the first two, this one had a strange ethereal body, but this time it was a wyrm.

His clothing was far more ornate, with large shoulder pads of bronze scales, his tunic was pure white, with red and baby blue accents. He also possessed an impossible hair color, a short blue stripe in the front running backwards, bangs of white on the side of that, and a long ponytail tying back the rest of his pink hair. His eyes were a startling shade of red, with reptilian slits instead of round pupils.

“Allow me to introduce myself, I am Prince Herb of the Musk Dynasty.” Herb introduced himself excitedly. “Please, tell me your names so that I might know more of my kind.”

“Your kind?” Ranma asked, clearly offended by the notion, immediately Debra dropped her voice down to low speak.

“Diplomacy Ranma, even if he is a wyrm, he's still dragonkin.” Coughing lightly into her hand, Debra addressed Herb. “My name is Debra, this is my nephew Ranma, and a-- family friend, Nabiki.”

“I am honored to meet you. If I may, there are so many questions that I have. Oh but where I my manners, please, if you would return with me to my home, I'll have food prepared, and the best lodgings that can be provided.”

“I'm sorry-- Herb.” Debra stopped the boy before he could say anymore. “I work with a special agency, and right now I'm on a mission, and I already have a full day planned for tomorrow. So we cannot accept your offer.

(How dare he talk to Auntie like this.) Ranma low speaked to himself. (Some wyrm spawn acting like he's one of us.)

“Is there something wrong with your nephew?” Herb asked, having noticed Ranma's hostile look.

“Don't mind him, he's sort of an idiot.” She interjected, using a disguise spell to return to her original human appearance and age. Although she did make a few alterations, minor imperfections were erased, certain things received more tone, and she may have added a tiny amount to her bust. Just a little bit, just to make the revealing green dress she materialized stand out more.

Her appearance had the desired effect and more from Herb and the two other boys, the Prince's entourage literally drooled. Normally she wouldn't be so forward, but she was tired of being naked in front of a guy, Herb was also a prince which meant money, and he was absolutely gorgeous.

“Um- um- um- uh-.” Herb stammered, his eyes doing anything but look her in the eye.

“This is my card.” Debra waved a small piece of paper in front of Herb's eyes. “It will allow me to locate you, and I'll do so in a few days time. I'll answer any questions you may have then.”

“Tha-thank you.” Herb quickly took the card from Debra's hand so that he could continue gazing at her.

“Herb, are those breasts?” The little wolf boy asked.

“They must be, they are on a girl's chest.” The tiger one added.

“Yes they are breasts.” She told the pair. 'Haven't these two ever seen a girl?'

“We really must be going.” Debra grabbed her by the shoulder, and before she knew it they were hurtling through the air at high speed. Finding herself once again resting in Debra's large clawed hand, she settled in for the ride home, disappointed that she couldn't get to know the Prince some more.

“Hey, tell me when you're going to visit him, I want to tag along.” She asked Debra.

“Absolutely not.” Debra replied without hesitation. “It'd be best if you never mentioned him to a soul.”

“What? Why?”

“Because wyrms and drakes are forbidden from having children. I'm going to have to go back and tell that poor boy that he'll probably be killed on sight if he ever goes to Jade.”

“You're kidding?” She grimaced.

“I'm exaggerating, not by much, but you get the point.” Debra admitted.

“Well still tell me. He was pretty cute.”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Genma was currently a happy man, Ranma was out getting a cure with his Aunt, and this could only be a good thing. Ranma's personality had taken such a rapid nose dive after getting the curse, that rarely he had begun to fear that his son might go too far. That wasn't exactly true, Ranma already had when he had changed Nabiki into a wyrm. But that also appeared to be taking care of itself quickly.

He had only met Debra a handful of times, usually on Ranma's birthday, and she had surprisingly treated him with far more respect than even his own wife did. Nod'ka often took the view that he was just a slightly intelligent pet, never an equal in their relationship. It was easy for him to grow angry over her attitude, however he had the reverse of viewing her as simply a huge incredibly powerful reptile, and often forgetting that she was incredibly intelligent.

Honestly he was not very interested in returning to Jade or having Nod'ka come stay at the former Tendo home. They worked far better apart. Ranma himself had plenty of time to spend with his mother. Genma always felt a large lump form in his chest at the thought that he would never truly see Ranma become a man. Looking at Akane, who was trying to dig information on something or other out of Two, he knew that was the reason he had tried to fulfill the marriage pact. Ranma could easily appear an adult, so why not take advantage of that?

Food had already been served, no one expected the trio back before tomorrow, and they had retired to relax around the living room. Soun was reading the newspaper, Kasumi was knitting, and he was meditating on basically nothing. Grunting to himself, he crossed his arms, and closed his eyes to try and focus on something more important, like Ranma's physical training. Which is ungrateful boy was always lazy about.

Since he wasn't expecting Ranma to return, he was surprised when the outer door which lead out to the koi pond suddenly slammed open, and his son padded in with a look on his dragon face like he had just eaten a lot of sour grapes. Without a word, Ranma fled down the hallway towards the kitchen.

Entering in next was a fully re-aged Nabiki, with her hair having been changed to a familiar blue color, and wearing a dress that looked painted on. She looked mostly angry, with a hint of excitement that he had seen on Ranma before something went wrong. Debra followed in behind, shutting the door with a light clap of the wood.

“Nabiki did you dye your hair?” Kasumi asked absently.

“Blame the big snake guy.” The girl asked, sitting down with a huff. Genma noticed that Two didn't look particularly happy about this new development, but held her tongue.

“Alright, I'll try and explain this as simply as I can.” Debra quickly grabbed the Tendo's attention. “We found the source of Jusenkyo, Ranma is cured, Nabiki miss phrased her request, and so she's a dragon now. I'm going to work on getting this fixed, but that might be a long time. Till then if something big comes up, I'll give you the phone number to contact me.” Reaching into her coat pocket, Debra pulled out a white business card, and placed it on the table. “Other than that, if Nabiki has a question, Ranma should be able to answer it.”

“You're kidding right?” Nabiki scoffed at her idea of using Ranma for information. “He's looked at me like he was going to rip my throat out since we got out of that cave.” Genma raised an eyebrow, trying to understand why Ranma would be so hostile, especially if Nabiki was now a dragon.

“Genma, it's probably your place to tell her.” Debra shifted her attention to him.

“Tell her what?” He asked, trying to get out of whatever complicated possibly emotional thing he might have to explain.

“Why it was that made Nod'ka want you to bring Ranma to Earth realm.” The dragon in human form gave a much needed clue to what she wanted him to talk about.

“It would be best to discuss such things in private.” He delayed, shifting his glasses to sit better on his nose.

“How much more private do you need?” Akane asked him.

“Well, Nabiki is the only one really affected by it.” He mused.

X x x x x x

Nabiki was herself rather curious over what this new piece of information could tell her. It may be good for blackmail material later, though having her species changed forcibly probably trumped everything else. But as someone who occasionally dealed with information, she definitely saw the advantage of knowing even just one fact about Ranma that would put her above the egotistical boy.

Genma informed her that she should follow him, and being curious as she was, she followed him into the large empty room at the entrance to her home. Truthfully she had never figured out why the large room was empty, while she and her sisters all had smaller rooms upstairs. Debra came as well, she entered last, and shut the door before casting a spell Nabiki couldn't help but memorize and learn to cast herself. It was a simple spell that created a dead zone for sound around the area, so no one outside would be able to listen in.

Nabiki couldn't stop a small smile from spread across her face at that. The ability to simply know magic was so powerful that it was almost addicting. She could almost understand why Ranma could feel so superior to humans. Quickly her mind realized that Ranma was actually right. As a dragon her lifespan was nearly indefinite. A hundred years wasn't even enough to restore her to her real physical age. Instantly being able to know and do magic simply by seeing it. Stronger in every way without a day of training. 'Oh yes, I can definitely see the advantage.'

“Hey, pay attention.” Debra snapped her out of her thoughts to see that Genma had taken a kneeling position at the center of the floor.

“I am, I am.” She agreed absently, taking a seat herself.

“Yes, it all began back when Ranma was only a few years old and on Jade. I was living with Nod'ka in her-- very expensive home, Ranma for the most part spent his time with his mother, though occasionally he would spend time in sort of a dragon day care.”

“All dragons are taught from a very young age, comparably, a human would be a toddler when it starts.” Debra supplied.

“As I was saying.” Genma coughed into his hand. “Being that Ranma was half human, he was occasionally a target for attacks.”

“One of our races failings.” Debra interrupted again. “Even I have had to deal with discrimination.”

“So you and Ranma are half human?” She asked.

“No, but my-- father.” Debra said with a strange and unplaceable inflection to her voice. “Is not a platinum dragon like my mother, so I'm still a half breed to many.”

“Oh.”

“Can I finish?” Genma coughed again, this time louder. “It's like talking with two Nod'ka's.” He said under his breath. “I'll cut right to the heart of the matter, Ranma was nearly killed by an older dragon. Ever since then, Ranma's been trying to show how much of a dragon he is. It's irrational, but he won't let it go, and he blames his human side for it.”

“And this applies to me how?”

“I don't know, Debra asked.” Genma said evasively.

“Ranma is jealous of you.” Debra explained.

“Why should I care if he's jealous of me? He can get over it. It's his own fault that I ended up like this, not mine.” Crossing her arms, she was thoroughly sick of giving into Ranma's ego.

“A good point.” Genma conceded. “But since Ranma is cured, that removes one piece of that puzzle. Leaving only you.”

“I would look on it as a-- personal favor. If you would try to move past what he did to you, and to-- if I could use an old human expression, extend the olive branch.” Debra added. “I'm sure he'd reciprocate, and then I wouldn't have to worry about any future incidents between you two.”

“A favor?” She asked, wondering what treasures Debra might have to relinquish.

“On the condition that I don't have to come back because you two are fighting.” Debra stated.

“And what do I get back?”

“I'm sure I have some old priceless knick knack that I could part with.” Debra waved her hand dismissively.

“Alright I'll do it.” She agreed readily.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby borgrabbit » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 pm

So, I guess it 'could' be a Ranma/Nabiki matchup, except that as dragons, they're barely out of diapers. They should wait at least until kindergarten, no?
Surprised me to hear of Herb's wyrminess.
^☺^
Old fart.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Today's cliche is next century's classic.
borgrabbit
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 pm

borgrabbit wrote:So, I guess it 'could' be a Ranma/Nabiki matchup, except that as dragons, they're barely out of diapers. They should wait at least until kindergarten, no?
Surprised me to hear of Herb's wyrminess.
^☺^

Well think about it this way. Herb is shown several times with an eastern dragon around him. He can't even do magic. What else would he be descended from if not a wyrm that was just breaking the rules? Especially if the "dragon" was the mother, few humans can stand toe to toe with a GD dragon, even magically enhanced beings like werecats fail hard against them. Special anti-magic weapons are needed to even stand a chance.

Which makes an actual dragon even less likely.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Bit disconcerting that Nabiki is so easily gaining so much power so quickly...but I guess Ranma can do the same thing so it doesn't really matter. Would be neat to see Nabiki get this priceless artifact from Debra and then all of her blackmail schemes simply become useless as she'll have so much money now they are unnecessary, or she'll simply think that it's too easy to fool humans. I hope her character and motivations change quite a bit now.

The only point that still has me confused is how you're going to overlap the two story universes. I mean thus far the plot has been good but it's hard to see where the Ranma rivals will be a challenge or how you're going to easily combine GD in as more then a bit/guest part since you've already established that they are pretty much staying in Japan...though I guess that could change relatively quickly...

All in all a very entertaining concept and fic thus far though.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

frice2000 wrote:Bit disconcerting that Nabiki is so easily gaining so much power so quickly...but I guess Ranma can do the same thing so it doesn't really matter. Would be neat to see Nabiki get this priceless artifact from Debra and then all of her blackmail schemes simply become useless as she'll have so much money now they are unnecessary, or she'll simply think that it's too easy to fool humans. I hope her character and motivations change quite a bit now.

The only point that still has me confused is how you're going to overlap the two story universes. I mean thus far the plot has been good but it's hard to see where the Ranma rivals will be a challenge or how you're going to easily combine GD in as more then a bit/guest part since you've already established that they are pretty much staying in Japan...though I guess that could change relatively quickly...

All in all a very entertaining concept and fic thus far though.

A dragon would never think to sell something. Nabiki just wants something to satisfy her new hoarding instinct. If Debra actually ever gives her something, it's not going anywhere.

I haven't established that they are staying Japan. I would very much like to go to Jade and spent some time in America. The only thing established in Japan is that Nod'ka now has a house there if she wants to randomly drop by.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C