Art of Love; Art of Death (Nanoha fic)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Art of Love; Art of Death (Nanoha fic)

Postby Screwball » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I've been waiting for this for a while. :D

I guess the TSAB now knows exactly where the Suvota got Pluto from (and I was expecting flying nuclear death-crowbars :cry::P ). What I want to know is, where did the Americans get Stonehenge? It seems unlikely that the TSAB would not only give them the AeC, but an experimental/prototype/upgraded version that isn't in general deployment. Has Earth found a way to get off planet and go collecting souvenirs without anybody else noticing, I wonder? I'm recalling those M-16s that the guards were using in Force...
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Art of Love; Art of Death (Nanoha fic)

Postby Pale Wolf » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:51 pm

I've been waiting for this for a while.

Sorry to make ya wait so long. ^^;

I guess the TSAB now knows exactly where the Suvota got Pluto from (and I was expecting flying nuclear death-crowbars :P ).

They have a strong suspicion, yes. It was sort of a three-way development. The Russians had mostly developed it based off the old American Project Pluto, then after the JS Incident, a rogue officer contacted the Suvota and offered 'Pluto, in exchange for technical assistance' - said technical assistance being the contracted-out Argene work that brought Pluto's secondary and tertiary systems up to interdim standards.

What I want to know is, where did the Americans get Stonehenge? It seems unlikely that the TSAB would not only give them the AeC, but an experimental/prototype/upgraded version that isn't in general deployment. Has Earth found a way to get off planet and go collecting souvenirs without anybody else noticing, I wonder? I'm recalling those M-16s that the guards were using in Force...

Ah, to clarify, Stonehenge never actually fired. #2 was ready to go around when the ships left. The 'AeC' fired from directly under the blast point.

Stonehenge actually does involve bits of TSAB technology - nothing on the level of the AeC, more materials and electronics. The TSAB didn't give them those either, they picked it up during a bit of off-the-books fuckery - the 'nine years ago' events the fic's referred to occasionally. (It's a side story I've got plotted out in this timeline - fills in a couple of the holes, such as 'hey, when did Fate meet Jail Scaglietti?')
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C