Ranma/A!MG/Mystery series crossover

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma/A!MG/Mystery series crossover

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 am

I won't tell you what the undisclosed crossover is; I want to see if anyone can figure it out. This is a one-shot for now, but if I see that people are interested I’ll write more.

“DAMN IT!” An irate and damp Ranma cursed as she got back to the Tendos’ after the impromptu flight she took on Akane Airlines. “And why is it always water? She should try baseball with the incredible aim she has… or try her luck as a water diviner. It’s incredible how easily she manages to find water sources.”

“Why doesn’t she trust me, or at least let me explain?” The redhead wondered, getting more and more depressed. “I’m trying my best to make it work. I know I often put my foot in my mouth, but that’s not a reason to hit someone. If only there was a way to order my life. I’m so sick and tired of it all.”

She went to the kitchen and put the kettle on the stove. Not waiting around for the water to heat she decided to apologize to Akane for whatever she had done wrong. She knocked on the door but didn’t get an answer. She searched the house, but couldn’t find anyone but Sound and Genma who were playing shogi like usual.

“Where is everyone?” She asked.

“Nabiki is on a date and Kasumi is visiting an old school friend. Akane left earlier on, very angry and ranting about how you were out again with one of your floozies and how you would get it once you came back. Now, I don’t know what you did to her but I expect you to apologize for making her upset,” Soun explained, not taking his eyes off of the shogi board, knowing all too well that a single moment of inattention could mean his doom, since Genma would never let pass such an opportunity.”

“Yes, boy,” Genma added. “You WILL apologize to your fiancée and afterwards we’ll hold a nice wedding ceremony. You know the girl loves you. After all, ‘the quarrel of lovers is the renewal of love’ as they say.”

Ranma shook her head, leaving the two morons to their game. How she hated it when the idiots tried to sound wise and all-knowing. And they are supposed to be responsible adults. “Say,” she remembered. “Since Kasumi isn’t here who cooks?”

“We’re having takeout. Why don’t you call Ucchan’s or the Nekohanten?” Genma answered

Ranma shuddered wondering once more why they always had to invite trouble to the house. It’s not like there weren’t any other restaurants in Nerima. Oh well, at least the Tomboy wasn’t around to add oil to the fire.

Looking in the kitchen she noticed that the water wasn’t ready yet. She took the phone and decided to call Ucchan’s, since Ukyo was probably the less troublesome choice.

But the voice that answered was definitely not Ukyo’s. “Hello! You’ve reached the Goddess Technical Help Line. We will be there in just a moment to grant your access request.”

“Huh? What the…” Ranma wondered before jumping back in shock after seeing a beautiful woman in very strange attire come out of a mirror.

“Good evening,” the woman said. “What is your desire?”

Ranma’s jaw had dropped to the floor, partly out of surprise, but mainly because there was yet another stunningly beautiful woman in the house and with her usual luck the brunette was either a new fiancée or someone else who got somehow conned by Genma. But her main fear was that Akane returned and found her fiancé in a compromising situation with a strange woman while in girl form. She could already hear the shout of ‘perverted freak’ and feel the mallet strike.

But to her surprise nothing had happened. The woman was smiling at her and was radiating such a strong feeling of serenity that Ranma immediately calmed down.

“Forgive me for not introducing myself. I am the goddess Belldandy.” She then gave the girl a slip of paper. “Here’s my card. We specialize in helping people with problems like you. We received a system access request from you by telephone.”

Ranma was not overly surprised to see a goddess in front of her. She had seen much weirder stuff in her short, but unfortunately exciting life. Then she remembered Saffron and immediately freaked out, fearing that the goddess might try and lull her into a false sense of security before making her move. She thought that trying to placate the girl would probably the best course of action.

“Erm. Hehehe. If you’re here for Saffron, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to kill him. I just tried to save my fiancée.”

The serene smile faded from the woman’s face but the clueless look she sported next made her look even cuter. “Who?”

“Saffron,” Ranma continued in a hysteric tone. “The Phoenix God from Phoenix Mountain. I killed him a few weeks ago. He came back to life, but I still killed a divine being. I’m really sorry.”

Recognition flared in Belldandy’s eyes. “Oh, him. He’s not a god.” She scoffed, as if even the idea was ridiculous. “Whatever gave you that idea?”

Ranma didn’t have the answer. True, Saffron never pretended to be one, but she’d always assumed that… Damn! She was getting as bad as Akane. “Ehehehe. Just forget I said anything.”

“You managed to defeat him?” A visible impressed goddess answered. “Very good for a mortal. You must be an impressive fighter.”

The pigtailed girl immediately relaxed once more. Nothing better than flattery to get her into a good mood. “Well, I don’t want to brag but, yes I am good. Em, why were you here again?” She tried to get back on topic.

“Oh, yes.” The goddess retorted. “I’m here to grant you a wish. However, I must warn you that you only get one wish. So what…”

The young girl deflated, visibly not liking the idea of that. “No, thank you.” She said before the goddess could finish her sentence.

Belldandy obviously hadn’t expected that answer since she stopped her explanation right after the interruption. “You don’t want it? What do you mean you don’t want it? Everyone likes wishes. You can have anything your heart desires. Become rich, have a lot of success with the boys, being a famous model or actress,…”

“I’M A GUY!” She immediately shouted, puzzling Belldandy even more.

“One moment, please.” The goddess answered and grabbed the phone and dialed a very long number. “Hello? Peorth? Could I have the file of one Ranma Saotome, please? I’m just with her right now, trying to grant a wish, and she refused… Okay… Thanks.” After she had hung up the marks on her face glowed brightly for a moment as she kept her eyes closed.”

While she was going through the information Peorth sent her eyes suddenly opened wide as she learnt just how chaotic the young girl’s life had been and shook her head at some of the stupid things that has happened to the poor kid. “I see that you’ve had some bad experience with magic. But I can assure you that the wishes we grant don’t have any negative consequences, except if they are very poorly worded. I see that there are a lot of things that need to be fixed in your life.”

“You don’t say,” Ranma sarcastically answered. “My life is so messed up that not even a thousand wishes would be enough to solve all of the problems. The neko-ken, the fiancées, the rivals, my parents, this damn curse to name but a few.”

“You seem to really have a negative look on everything. Some of the things that have happened to you might even be considered a blessing. The curse for example.”

Belldandy didn’t expect the incredulous look on the redhead’s face. “The curse? A blessing? I don’t think so.”

“Well,” Belldandy tried to point out some of the positive effects, “quite a lot of people are much nicer to you when you’re in girl form; you can learn how the other half of the population lives; you have more career choices than most people… and believe me, sex is incredible.” She blushed as she mentioned the last bit, thinking back to all the ‘fun’ she had had with Keiichi the night before.”

Ranma just snorted. “Yeah, right! The curse messed my life so much… I’d really like to meet someone who has had as many problems with random sex changing as I had.”

Before Belldandy could stop the girl from continuing she was enveloped by a large and bright column of light as a lightning bolt traversed the roof and struck her in the head and a strong whirlwind made a mess of the whole room.

Belldandy could only look on in shock as a portal opened below Ranma’s feet and the aquatranssexual was sucked in. A tear left her eye. She had genuinely wanted to bring some joy into the teen’s life, but she only had managed to make his life worse. Hopefully Kami-sama would intervene and try to turn the latest mishap into something beneficial. She jumped into the mirror and was gone, leaving the house empty except for the fathers who were still playing shogi and hadn’t even noticed the latest crazy stuff going on around them.

Jason Grey was slowly walking through the streets of Tandy Gardens not looking where he was going as he had his head stuck in one of his comic books like always.

But he interrupted his reading when he heard a shout above him. He had just enough time to see a red blur fall into a large dumpster a few meters away from him. Mostly apathetic to anything strange, since there wasn’t much left to surprise him he still decided to take a closer look at the odd occurrence since his redhead sense was tingling. When he saw the redheaded girl that was climbing out of the dumpster his brain short-circuited. This had to be a dream. His second favorite comic book redhead (right after Jean Grey from X-Men) had just appeared in front of him.

THE END ?!
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 am

When I saw this:
“Good evening,” the woman said. “What is your desire?”

I thought it was going to either be Peorth or Urd.

Next, Bell is more of a sandy-blond, not brunette.

I have -no- clue what poor unsuspecting universe Ranma has been dumped into... but looks good so far.
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Doh!

Postby Kenko » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 am

A WOTCH xover? Evil.
Kenko
Initiate

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:36 am

Yep, I used 'The Wotch'.

www.thewotch.com

I love that webcomic.

As for Belldandy's dialogue I used the one from the English translation word for word, well until Ranma added his comments.

But her hair looks brown to me. I'll have to check for references.

I think that Ranma fits into 'The Wotch' universe.

I'm thinking about keeping the A!MG elements. Mara and Urd could cause much cahos.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Genknight » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:41 am

could also be 'Cheer', which is a spinoff from WOTCH

http://www.cheercomic.com/
Genknight
Senshi Candidate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:13 am

I can see Anne (for whatever reason) turning Ranma into a girl - only to turn away for a moment and find Ranma's a guy again, if somewhat damp...
Last edited by Ellen Kuhfeld on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:33 am

No, the crossover is 'The Wotch', not 'The Wotch-Cheers', but the cheerleaders will probably appear.

Well, of course Anne will try and cure the curse... but I don't think Ranma will like the results.

Although Ranma is somewhat wary of all the 'miracle cures' he might want to take his chances in this new world where magic is omnipresent.

And I don't think Anne and Co. will be able to hide all the strange stuff that's going on in Tandy Gardens for very long.

The only thing I have to figure out is into what story arc I should place Ranma in... or if I should go all original.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby gsteemso » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Where are you going to post this when you have more of it? I want to bookmark it.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:05 am

gsteemso wrote:Where are you going to post this when you have more of it? I want to bookmark it.

Here and Hawk's fanfiction Forum first. Fanfiction.net later.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C