Balance of Force, opening

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Druid » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:38 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi
This has a lot of digest type information from before episode 1, to well into the NJO. It's quite a fun read, or so I'm told. :D [/url]
You don't need a reason to help people.
Druid
Senshi Cadet

Postby b_omega » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:56 am

Khortez wrote:Once again, my knowledge on Star Wars is pretty limited to the movies and some random books that weren't complete trash. I assumed that there were only Jedi, and that anything else was Sith, didn't even matter if they were evil or not.
The Soul of Ice was to control his emotions, but the Jedi ways seems to be to always be like that. Ranma only uses it for a single attack, and not for anything outside that, at least that I can remember clearly.
Does anyone have any good recommendations for books to help raise my awareness of the Star Wars world?

Though a calming technique that can cool your ki enough to cause a tornado might have the potential to make him a second man in the order to learn Vapaad.
As for the light Vs dark thing, i'd prefer the middle ground, a master of none but an expert of both. Like kyle katarn, he might be able to use both light and dark side, though not as powerfull as those who master's both.
b_omega
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dragon Man » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:20 pm

b_omega wrote:As for the light Vs dark thing, i'd prefer the middle ground, a master of none but an expert of both. Like kyle katarn, he might be able to use both light and dark side, though not as powerfull as those who master's both.

Or Ranma could observe Dark Side techniques and figure out a way to mimic them without using the negative aspects. He did that with the Shishi Hokodan and modified it into the Moko Takabisha since he couldn't use the depression required for the attack. So why not do the same thing with force powers?
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby DCG » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:30 pm

You guys are so missing the important topic.
Like whats ranmachan going to wear when she's off doing her holy jedi pwnage.
hmm, guess a fuku's out huh?
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Dragon Man » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:36 pm

DCG wrote:You guys are so missing the important topic.
Like whats ranmachan going to wear when she's off doing her holy jedi pwnage.
hmm, guess a fuku's out huh?

Not if she has to go to a world inhapited by Senshi and needs to blend in! Or infiltrate as a school girl! Though why they would have fuku is beyond me! Just saying it could happen since there are so many planets out there..
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby bissek » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:47 pm

Three million clonetroopers only sounds impressive until you realize that gives you an invasion force of three people a planet when you try to take over the galaxy.
There were only two times when four Star destroyers were considered a threat by the New Republic by themselves. The first was under Isard, when she used them to garrison Thyffera, which controlled 90+% of the galaxy's bacta production and 100% of the distribution infrastructure. The ships had enough firepower to raze Thyferra to bedrock if they wanted to, destroying the primary supply of the only easily available cure for the Krytos plague. Therefore the ships had to be taken seriously. The second was under Admiral Daala. She was a danger because unlike the warlords, she was focusing on the Republic rather than other warlords-who were focusing on each other, and she had enough concentrated firepower to crush any ungarrisoned planet she encountered. It wasn't so much that they were a major threat as they were an immediate threat while everything else was just a potential threat.
When you think about it, 90% of the cast of the SW stories are author made OCs, and several of the others were so poorly developed in the movies that they might as well be OCs (The now non-canon Boba Fett created by the authors before Episode 2 was better than Lucas'). It's just that everybody reuses other people's OCs, and tries to keep them in character.
The one thing I remember about Vapaad makes me think that anybody who masters the Amaguriken has already taken the first step in learning Vapaad-possibly more than just the first.
I don't know what about the force lightning trick makes it considered dark. It could just be that while lightsaber skills can be used defensively, electrocuting people is a purely offensive technique. Deliberately using the force to hurt rather than using the force to protect (and incidentally hurting people you weren't trying to protect) would disturb the idealistic mindset of the Jedi Masters who spend more time meditating than observing the real world. Ranma would consider a number of their arguments to be a load of bull.
A danger of using emotional ki in the SW universe. In the Jedi Academy trilogy and 'I, Jedi', the ghost of Exar Kun tricks Gantoris into tapping into his anger and hatred over the destruction of his people without restriction. As a result, he gets incinerated from the inside out by the power of his own emotions. Poor control of emotional ki in the Ranmaverse simply leads to your personality warping until you are likely to do things that endanger yourself and/or others without thinking. Poor control of emotional force in the SW universe can be instantly and spectacularly lethal. The part of the code about 'There is no emotion, there is peace' could have been developed as a way to prevent Jedi students from killing themselves by training their emotions so that they never approach the danger levels. Of course, when you think about it, that strategy really means 'Going too far to one side of the scale is dangerous. Let's make everybody stand as close to the opposite side of the scale as possible without checking to see if the other extreme is dangerous too.'
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:05 pm

The first was under Isard, when she used them to garrison Thyffera, which controlled 90+% of the galaxy's bacta production and 100% of the distribution infrastructure. The ships had enough firepower to raze Thyferra to bedrock if they wanted to, destroying the primary supply of the only easily available cure for the Krytos plague. Therefore the ships had to be taken seriously.

Not to mention that one of 'em was a Super.
The second was under Admiral Daala. She was a danger because unlike the warlords, she was focusing on the Republic rather than other warlords-who were focusing on each other, and she had enough concentrated firepower to crush any ungarrisoned planet she encountered. It wasn't so much that they were a major threat as they were an immediate threat while everything else was just a potential threat.

Her easy access to one of the most advanced Imperial superweapon development facilities probably contributed just a bit... Even if Kyp on his own utterly pwned her swathe of destruction.
'I, Jedi'

(Really needs to get that... If she hadn't disassociated from SW)
Poor control of emotional ki in the Ranmaverse simply leads to your personality warping until you are likely to do things that endanger yourself and/or others without thinking.

... Isn't that 'basic personalities' in the Ranmaverse?
Let's make everybody stand as close to the opposite side of the scale as possible without checking to see if the other extreme is dangerous too.

Considering that they ripped out their own ability to do jack-all and got slaughtered by two Force-users, it seems rather dangerous... (Is aware that she's exaggerating)
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Yet more replies

Postby MageOhki » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:17 pm

*sigh* I do belive I've answered several of these statements before... but what the hell.
Mitchell: It's fannon, but I'm using it.
Khortez: Soul of Ice suppreses emotions. Jedi thougths are supposed to CONTROL it. *shrugs* Slight, but important there.
Soul of Ice CAN be applied outside the HSH. Ranma just doesn't do it.
B: Read the Jedi High Concuil as of 33/32 BBY.
At least One jedi master HAD that trick (don't get me started about other things)
Vaapid USES THE DARKSIDE. 2 out of 3 noted users FELL.
Ranma's going to stay the hades away from it, EOS.
Ranma's going ot be light sided pretty much outright.
Dragon: INTENT matters too. Be careful there. and no, think about most (there's a few 'darkside' powers that AREN'T evil in themselves, btw, just listed as that, becasue they're tended to be used by it, then there's some lightside powers that are consdiered boderline dark) of the powers listed as darkside. Ranma's unlikey to use the Yami, what in HELL makes you think he'd use Force LIghting (or it's 'supposed' light equivant Electric Judgement... WTF?) or Force grip (aka force choke)
I already have Ranma's typical outfit in mind... poor, poor, poor Ranma.
Bissek pointed out the risks in emotional enegry
Pale: Nuff said...
Andrew
MageOhki
Senshi Candidate

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:50 am

Okay, I'm at the point where I just really want to know how the jedi council will react to the neko-ken. Will they heal it? Can they heal it? What will be the effects of healing it? Will it make them not want Ranma to become a jedi? Will it make them more certain that Ranma would make a good jedi because even when scared by cats or in neko-ken mode Ranma is mostly non-violent and friendly?
Can Ranma beat a wookie? I get the feeling that the trouble Ranma causes the orochi is enough to prove Ranma could stand up to a wookie, at least as an adult.
What do the mushrooms do in this? Does Ranma have the memories of a 16 year old but the mental state and emotions of a... how young was Ranma again?
Oh, and sorry about going overboard with the last post. Please continue this fic! :( :oops: :wink:
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby DCG » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:17 am

The mushrooms effect the bodies age basied there size. From like 5 to 19.
Memories are uneffected. But a 6 year old brain is very defernt from a grown one.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby MageOhki » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:36 am

Nekomata-sensei wrote:Okay, I'm at the point where I just really want to know how the jedi council will react to the neko-ken. Will they heal it? Can they heal it? What will be the effects of healing it? Will it make them not want Ranma to become a jedi? Will it make them more certain that Ranma would make a good jedi because even when scared by cats or in neko-ken mode Ranma is mostly non-violent and friendly?
Can Ranma beat a wookie? I get the feeling that the trouble Ranma causes the orochi is enough to prove Ranma could stand up to a wookie, at least as an adult.
Heal: yes. haven't decided on effects. *snort* Not commenting on a scene in chatper 2 or 3 (depends where I put it) Ranma can't beat a wookie.
What do the mushrooms do in this? Does Ranma have the memories of a 16 year old but the mental state and emotions of a... how young was Ranma again?
Oh, and sorry about going overboard with the last post. Please continue this fic! :( :oops: :wink:

Am contuinting it...
MageOhki
Senshi Candidate

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C