Untitled Ranma/Naruto crossover fic (New: Ch. 23 to 32)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: sharingan

Postby FOG3 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:13 pm

toushin wrote:to get technical ranma would have a pretty big advantage over a sharingan user simply becuase of his fighting style. The Musubetsu Kakuto Ryu is more flexible and adaptable than other traditional schools, having a less formal and structured style that allows one to combine different aspects of rival systems into a more integrated whole. one minute you'd bebe using a hard form as you attack, the next a soft form in defense. this means that the longer ranma fights the more his style changes. so the the technique the sharingan copied a minute ago is not the sameone ranma is using.
That capability is not outlined in canon, ever, to my knowledge. Not to mention is hardly what I'd call an advantage in a real fight, but then this is Shonen Sunday verse Shonen Jump here. The only thing approaching claims like that is a one-off line in the run up to the Kodachi fight about specializing in mid-air combat, which in practice seems to simply mean good at using all three dimensions in dodging.

It can memorize Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu with perfect accuracy, allowing the user to use the techniques as his own. In order to reproduce copied jutsu, however, one must have the necessary skill or ability to perform them.

for one thing the basics of anything goes demands that its practitioners already be able to do that at least with taijutsu otherwise they couldn't do the style. now as for ninjutsu and genjutsu. thats just a simple matter of reading the ki, how its users and imulatting it.
Which with all recorded users in all recorded fights happens 0 times in the middle of combat. The only thing vaguely approaching that involve a Joketsu technique. Heck, Genma and Ranma were both out when just faced with the "anyone can do it" Shi Shi Hadoken with nothing for days and days until Ranma just happened to fire one off by accident. They had literally nothing, nada, zilcho. Ditto for when Ranma lost his strength and a soft form that required no strength would have been useful they had nothing, nada, zilcho and Cologne a Joketsu, not a Anything Goes practitioner, literally bailed him out of the situation by herself from teaching the techniques to doing the Moxibustion. Canon Ranma is cripplingly dependent upon hard forms as that incident makes abundantly clear, and his hard form is not _that_ great.

Furthermore:

1) Sharigan Users do not rely on copycatting to win a fight. The only time one really made a point of doing it to my knowledge it was used to Mind Screw the guy for easier take down. Otherwise they tend to not bother, yet seems as how you emphasized adaptability as the "advantage" of Anything Goes, that advantage goes to a skilled Sharigan user who can very easily switch between things, in the middle of combat.

2) The Sharigan's main advantage is that they can literally perceive what's going happen in the near future and they can see the Chakra in color if they have the full blown triple. This gives them a very, very significant reaction advantage over what they could do otherwise. Hence Kakashi always having that clone come from where you least expect after you engage the Doppleganger that isn't him.

3) The Sharigan itself can mess with guy to a certain degree by hypnotizing him.

In summary the Sharigan is a serious edge, but it doesn't win the war by itself. Anyone that claims that can be pointed in the direction of Lee's master and his ongoing rivalry with Kakashi. The way you beat a Sharigan is you get good enough with a solid technique set his ability to emulate it isn't relevant, and you're able to fight him while not looking him in the eye so he can't do hypnosis tricks. Except for the not looking him in the eye part it's the same way you'd win any fight of that nature.

Seems as how Ranma in this story doesn't win by fancy tricks so much as "power overwhelming" a Sharigan user is not that much of a hinderance to him if he's not Genjutsued.
FOG3

Postby Mitchell » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:11 am

Actually only the fully mastered sharingan can't really see in the future and thats more Sasuke wank than any power it orignally had. The Sharingans ability to see the future is based on the ability to read the nerve impulses and movements forecast by teh Chakra Shadow of somebody.

A Sharingan user say fighting a fighter has a increased speed of perception so two people of equal skill the person with the Sharigan will be able to see faster moving objects. Then the Chakra shadow basically allows them to see what somebody is intending to do and because eye contact is very important for a Sharigans ability mild hypnotism is used so a Sharigan can gently guide their oponent to KEEP to that already decided attack pattern.

The Sharingan's ability to perceive what happens is based on the hynposis abilit, hence why Maito Gai's unique fighting sytle for combating the Sharingan, aka staring at his opponents feet and using that to read him, is so effective. THe Sharingan user is actually HURT because htey cant use the Sharingan to read their opponents moves.

The Sharingan is useful but you played it up a bit. Kakashi's clone tactic in the Zabuza fight is a combination of the Sharingan but also a testament that Kakashi for all his douchbag self, is still a lower level S ranked nin. He is THAT badass and has that much combat experience.
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 am

True to its name, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû or Anything Goes Martial Arts, is based on learning and adapting many different styles of martial arts, taking what works and discarding what doesn't. As such, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû is not confined to a single way of thinking or philosophy when it comes to martial arts combat. This gives the practitioner of Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû the advantage of adaptability and unpredictability in a fight since he or she would ideally know moves and techniques from many different schools that complement each other, minimising perceptible weaknesses. In this respect, the ideal practitioner of Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû is its heir apparent, Ranma Saotome. Throughout the course of the series, Ranma not only learns multiple styles and techniques from both friends and enemies, but also displays the uncanny ability to adapt or modify these techniques in mid-battle to catch his opponent off-guard. though some techniques are more impresive then others.

thanks for the clarification but still if broken down the sharingans abilities can be imulated im not saying that it would be easy far from it. he would most likely have to train in ways that makes him look crazy. instead of jumping off of a clif he may focus on a pin stuck in the wall for hours on end to better detect miniture differences.

plus its not as if ranma doesn't already know other clan secrets. the Parlay du Foie Gras if twiked alittle is the perfect subsitute for the Akimichi clan techniques. i just wonder how long it would take before ranma or anyone else notices.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 am

True to its name, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû or Anything Goes Martial Arts, is based on learning and adapting many different styles of martial arts, taking what works and discarding what doesn't. As such, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû is not confined to a single way of thinking or philosophy when it comes to martial arts combat. This gives the practitioner of Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû the advantage of adaptability and unpredictability in a fight since he or she would ideally know moves and techniques from many different schools that complement each other, minimising perceptible weaknesses. In this respect, the ideal practitioner of Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû is its heir apparent, Ranma Saotome. Throughout the course of the series, Ranma not only learns multiple styles and techniques from both friends and enemies, but also displays the uncanny ability to adapt or modify these techniques in mid-battle to catch his opponent off-guard. though some techniques are more impresive then others.

thanks for the clarification but still if broken down the sharingans abilities can be imulated im not saying that it would be easy far from it. he would most likely have to train in ways that makes him look crazy. instead of jumping off of a clif he may focus on a pin stuck in the wall for hours on end to better detect miniture differences.

plus its not as if ranma doesn't already know other clan secrets. the Parlay du Foie Gras if twiked alittle is the perfect subsitute for the Akimichi clan techniques. i just wonder how long it would take before ranma or anyone else notices.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby FOG3 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:05 pm

The Sharingan is useful but you played it up a bit.
Fair enough.

toushin wrote:True to its name, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû or Anything Goes Martial Arts, is based on learning and adapting many different styles of martial arts, taking what works and discarding what doesn't.
Based entirely on your perception, based entirely on the name. I'm not seeing anything supporting that claim has any validity in regards to the actual style.

toushin wrote:Throughout the course of the series, Ranma not only learns multiple styles and techniques from both friends and enemies, but also displays the uncanny ability to adapt or modify these techniques in mid-battle to catch his opponent off-guard. though some techniques are more impresive then others.
Give me three examples and you may not include anything that starts with "Hiryu." We already know about the Hiryu stuff and that's not what this claim amounts to. Nor does his losing a shit flinging contest to a monkey under the auspices of Martial Arts Tea Ceremony.

toushin wrote:plus its not as if ranma doesn't already know other clan secrets. the Parlay du Foie Gras if twiked alittle is the perfect subsitute for the Akimichi clan techniques. i just wonder how long it would take before ranma or anyone else notices.
What does blatant cheating in a food eating competition by cramming your food down the opponent's throat have to do with the Akimichi techniques? If it wasn't a comedy series it would evidence of how low Ranma would go to "win."
FOG3

Postby lwf58 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:53 pm

toushin wrote:True to its name, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû or Anything Goes Martial Arts, is based on learning and adapting many different styles of martial arts, taking what works and discarding what doesn't.

FOG3 wrote:Based entirely on your perception, based entirely on the name. I'm not seeing anything supporting that claim has any validity in regards to the actual style.

Fog3 is entirely right. First off, Musabetsu Kakutō Ryū does not mean "anything goes martial arts". The closest accurate rendering in English is "School of Indiscriminate Grappling". The more common "Anything Goes Martial Arts" is purely an invention for the English language, created because it sounds better.

While it can be presumed that the style incorporates moves from other styles, and it's a canon fact that Genma and Ranma visited many other martial arts schools during their travels and picked up techniques from them or from scrolls, it's never clearly stated that Musabetsu Kakutō Ryū officially incorporates other styles. There is no hint whatsoever that Soun or Happousai ever did anything of the kind.

It's more likely that Genma and Ranma did so entirely on their own, as part of Genma's quest to make Ranma the top martial artist of his time.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Vasey » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Happosai does seem to have a habit of stealing scrolls and artifacts wherever he goes, as seen from the flashbacks when Ranma introduced him to Cologne and the glimpses we get of his scroll collection during the HSH arc.

I don't really see the relation there. The Akimichi can change their size at will and become giants. The Chardin stuff just seemed to be about stuffing your face.
Vasey
Senshi Cadet

Postby Makoto » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Don't worry, I wasn't really planning on debating the 'their' use, to begin with. :)

In regards to musabetsu kakutou - yeah, I'd always wondered if 'indiscriminate grappling' could just be Happosai's way of saying "we'll fight anyone, anywhere." ^_^

Mike (who REALLY, really, needs to get a new net-capable system to use privately. Argh.)
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby toushin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Vasey wrote:Happosai does seem to have a habit of stealing scrolls and artifacts wherever he goes, as seen from the flashbacks when Ranma introduced him to Cologne and the glimpses we get of his scroll collection during the HSH arc.

I don't really see the relation there. The Akimichi can change their size at will and become giants. The Chardin stuff just seemed to be about stuffing your face.

what i met was that he can convert calories into energy i mean look at how much food he eats on a daily basis if he couldn't do that he would be as big as a house. plus you have to admit ranma was alot faster after his training (at least enough to avoid the boiling water

there are still alot of other techniques, for instince with all the different sealing techniques couldn't ranma and ryoga come up with their own mark of the battling god without that stupid symbol
Last edited by toushin on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:13 pm

FOG3 wrote:Based entirely on your perception, based entirely on the name. I'm not seeing anything supporting that claim has any validity in regards to the actual style.

Fog3 is entirely right. First off, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû does not mean "anything goes martial arts". The closest accurate rendering in English is "School of Indiscriminate Grappling". The more common "Anything Goes Martial Arts" is purely an invention for the English language, created because it sounds better.

While it can be presumed that the style incorporates moves from other styles, and it's a canon fact that Genma and Ranma visited many other martial arts schools during their travels and picked up techniques from them or from scrolls, it's never clearly stated that Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû officially incorporates other styles. There is no hint whatsoever that Soun or Happousai ever did anything of the kind.

It's more likely that Genma and Ranma did so entirely on their own, as part of Genma's quest to make Ranma the top martial artist of his time.[/quote]

even though you may believe that is not Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû tenet it is the way ranma fights so once again he will have the advantage

the uchiha's use of fire jutsu's would also give ranma the advantage with techniques such as Hiryu Korin Dan and Hiryu Hyo Toppa. i mean less face it if he thought about it a little more ranma could have performed the technique without the frozon fist. i mean its bassically the same as Hiryu Korin Dan only instead of fireing the cold chi off he punches with it instead
Last edited by toushin on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: sharingan

Postby toushin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 pm

for one thing the basics of anything goes demands that its practitioners already be able to do that at least with taijutsu otherwise they couldn't do the style. now as for ninjutsu and genjutsu. thats just a simple matter of reading the ki, how its users and imulatting it. [/quote]Which with all recorded users in all recorded fights happens 0 times in the middle of combat. The only thing vaguely approaching that involve a Joketsu technique. Heck, Genma and Ranma were both out when just faced with the "anyone can do it" Shi Shi Hadoken with nothing for days and days until Ranma just happened to fire one off by accident. They had literally nothing, nada, zilcho. Ditto for when Ranma lost his strength and a soft form that required no strength would have been useful they had nothing, nada, zilcho and Cologne a Joketsu, not a Anything Goes practitioner, literally bailed him out of the situation by herself from teaching the techniques to doing the Moxibustion. Canon Ranma is cripplingly dependent upon hard forms as that incident makes abundantly clear, and his hard form is not _that_ great.

what she taught him was a way to fight with his ki not a moxibustion technique. a soft form still requires strength to perform you cant just watch it on tv then go out and do it. what is the point of using a soft form if you don't have the strength to perform it. ranma accidently punched a little boy with all his strength and it did nothing, yet the boy was able to send him flying. happosai is significently stronger then a baby
Last edited by toushin on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 am

quote]Give me three examples and you may not include anything that starts with "Hiryu." We already know about the Hiryu stuff and that's not what this claim amounts to. Nor does his losing a shit flinging contest to a monkey under the auspices of Martial Arts Tea Ceremony.

why can't i use hiryu, herb and saffron were the major antaganist of the series i would think that the techniques used to defeat them would be a great example of my point especially since they were thought of right on the spot without any prior training but if you want to get technical

Shish Kebab (manga only): An attack Ranma uses to counter Mousse's Takazume Ken (Hawk's Talon attack). He uses a rapidly ascending kick to avoid Mousse's attack and slam into his face like a kebab rod going through meat and vegetables.

Pansuto Ry¨±sei Kyaku (¥Ñ¥ó¥¹¥ÈÁ÷ÐǽŠ¡ª Pantyhose Shooting Star Kick): An extremely powerful kick Ranma used to nearly defeat the already severely pounded cursed form of Pantyhose Taro, though he still had to beat up the latter's even more battered human form straight afterwards. When Ranma's feet accidentally got caught in a rope of Pantyhose. Taro used the opportunity to throw him towards a cliff, but Ranma managed to use their elasticity as a catapult to use the monster's own strength against him. Causing much more damage than any of his single previous attacks had managed.

Expoding Round-House Kick (anime only): This technique was only used in one episode of the anime entitled: "Meet You in the Milkey Way". Ranma used it to defeat Kengyu after becoming enraged when he found out that he had been beaten by kicked on the back of the head by Kengyu's steer, Li'l Moo.

but seeing as ranma 1/2 is a comedy i would take the HIRYU shoten ha revisions more seriously then these.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Mitchell » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Dude... multiple posting is not cool. In the future edit your post and just post one large one...
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Mitchell wrote:Dude... multiple posting is not cool. In the future edit your post and just post one large one...

sorry im new and just getting the hang of this. i tried but everytime i did it would delete itself

when are people going to notice that ranma looks and acts like naruto's mother Kushina Uzumaki. i mean a loud tomboyish beautiful red head fits ranma to a tee. wouldn't it be a great if her unique ninjutsu style was just performing them through sheer will instead of hand signs
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby FOG3 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Would you please learn to use the quote tabs properly? Not to mention grammar and other niceties. It would be really appreciated

what i met was that he can convert calories into energy i mean look at how much food he eats on a daily basis if he couldn't do that he would be as big as a house.
When you're down to reaching for the functioning of the Small Intestine as something miraculous, you really should have already conceded the point. Furthermore it's Calories or kilo-calories and they are a unit of energy from the get go.

the uchiha's use of fire jutsu's would also give ranma the advantage with techniques such as Hiryu Korin Dan and Hiryu Hyo Toppa. i mean less face it if he thought about it a little more ranma could have performed the technique without the frozon fist. i mean its bassically the same as Hiryu Korin Dan only instead of fireing the cold chi off he punches with it instead
This really makes me question if you've ever actually seen the manga for the events in question.

toushin wrote:why can't i use hiryu, herb and saffron were the major antaganist of the series i would think that the techniques used to defeat them would be a great example of my point especially since they were thought of right on the spot without any prior training but if you want to get technical
Want some cheese with your whine? We can hash that out if you insist, but it isn't even vaguely possible to cram it under taijitsu now is it?

toushin wrote:Shish Kebab (manga only): An attack Ranma uses to counter Mousse's Takazume Ken (Hawk's Talon attack). He uses a rapidly ascending kick to avoid Mousse's attack and slam into his face like a kebab rod going through meat and vegetables.
This is your best shot for:

True to its name, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû or Anything Goes Martial Arts, is based on learning and adapting many different styles of martial arts, taking what works and discarding what doesn't. As such, Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû is not confined to a single way of thinking or philosophy when it comes to martial arts combat. This gives the practitioner of Musabetsu Kakutô Ryû the advantage of adaptability and unpredictability in a fight since he or she would ideally know moves and techniques from many different schools that complement each other, minimising perceptible weaknesses.
Okay, because you're floundering I'm going to give you a hint. Historically there was an effort around WW2 to take all known knowledge of HtH combat techniques and use this to develop an effective combat system. Major W.E Fairbairn was critical in this effort headed by Colonel Rex Applegate, USMC. Fairbairn was basically the real version of what people think of Bruce Lee as he refined his stuff not in competition fights but on the streets of Hong Kong.

Guess what your alluding to doesn't even have vaguely the same properties as?

You're going to sit here and postulate on a counter that involve Ranma doing a handstand to catch a guy falling with bladed footware, as even a good counter let alone some kind of magical perfect one? Are you that ignorant of edged weapons? Bladed is a pain because you have to setup your locks so he cannot break it and touch you basically, Ranma here completely fails to restrict movement with the lock. As a matter of fact he exposes things like his genitals to being shredded accidentally with that position. The fact he didn't keep it for long helped minimize the vulnerability, but ideal that maneuver was about the farthest thing from.

Furthermore the blatant implied incompetence of traditional schools, by you, in the way you're doing it, is foolish in many senses of the word. You're not even coming across as competant enough to just be a cocky MMA junky.

So what else do we have:
Pansuto Ry¨±sei Kyaku (¥Ñ¥ó¥¹¥ÈÁ÷ÐǽŠ¡ª Pantyhose Shooting Star Kick): An extremely powerful kick Ranma used to nearly defeat the already severely pounded cursed form of Pantyhose Taro, though he still had to beat up the latter's even more battered human form straight afterwards. When Ranma's feet accidentally got caught in a rope of Pantyhose. Taro used the opportunity to throw him towards a cliff, but Ranma managed to use their elasticity as a catapult to use the monster's own strength against him. Causing much more damage than any of his single previous attacks had managed.
Ranma riding the basic physics of a spring according to Hook's law under your description. When an inanimate weight would have done just as well, skill kind of isn't involved, ne?

Expoding Round-House Kick (anime only): This technique was only used in one episode of the anime entitled: "Meet You in the Milkey Way". Ranma used it to defeat Kengyu after becoming enraged when he found out that he had been beaten by kicked on the back of the head by Kengyu's steer, Li'l Moo.
And what you admit as a visual gag. Even if not this sounds like a power move, instead of something involving skill, ne? I clearly recall a power advantage was not what you were calling in.

So was your point to disprove your earlier assertion, because none of this supports it.

EDIT:
Technique: Hiryu Shoten Ha
Type: Glyph
Requirements: Forming a spiral glyph in cold and adding in heat, with a trigger at the center.
Flaws:
-If the heat source is not effectively forced to trace the glyph either through ki blasts or physical movement, or moves outside the glyph pattern it will not fire.
-The user can easily find themselves sucked up into the tornado, themselves.
-Without adding debris it just picks them up, spins them around a little bit, and drops them.

Technique: Hiyru Korin Dan
Type: Author Fiat
Requirements:
-Someone crazy enough to reverse the HSH on the user instead of diffusing it.
-HSH has to stay in place over said crazy instead of wandering off as is typical.
-User devises some trick that makes him fly down through a technique specifically designed to force them up.
-User devises some kind of scoop trick that allows them to gather and ride on top of instead of being succked through a ball of Ki. Such a technique would allow Ki deflection, which is never observed.

Technique: Hiryu Hyo Toppa
Type: One Shot Wonder
Requirements:
-The other guy has to basically have a large scale fireball filling up the space between you and him.
-Doll Akane or similar must open a firing channel, as shown Ranma was not able to do this critical step by himself.
-Cold Ki still remaining from magical artifact of cold was then projected through firing channel, compressed by surrounding heat pressure, and compressed into what amounts to a kind of Ice Lance spell as noted by the freezing of Saffron.
Effect: Saffron lost part of his legs, and reverted due to finally running out energy at this point in the fight. In other words not capable of taking out Saffron flat out, as he took worse earlier on.

Go ahead and pitch me why these are unusually clever. Heck even just pitch my how they're clever period, seems as how Ranma could have setup Hiryu Korin Dan on Saffron the second he was foolish enough to get caught in the tornado, but did not. Oh, and do pick a baseline. None of that he can think, unlike a rock, crud please. If you try it I will use DB Goku as the baseline to make Ranma look like he should be wearing a dunce cap.

DB analogue being highly appropriate as the fanon Ranma rematch thing is a rip-off of DBZ's Saiyans get stronger after every fight even if they lose, so they'll win the rematch plot device presented during Freeza arc. The rapid technique learning similarly being ripped off of Ifurita, despite Ranma being well behind the curve in terms of series that actually possess comparable feats in my observations. However you seem to be trying to rip-off HSD Kenichi instead of the more traditional fanon Gofrita.
FOG3

PreviousNext

Return to Stories and C&C