[first fic/spamfic/oneshot] The Art of Duct Taping

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

[first fic/spamfic/oneshot] The Art of Duct Taping

Postby Kadunta » Sun May 21, 2006 2:37 pm

- fic deleted -
Last edited by Kadunta on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Nukem » Sun May 21, 2006 3:32 pm

BRUHAHAHA
a stroke of genius
Improvision-Fu and Duct-Tape-Fu
Nukem
Senshi Cadet

Postby ranger5 » Sun May 21, 2006 4:47 pm

Fun read... and just so Ranmaish.
ranger5
"It's better to hit with a .22 than miss with a .45."
ranger5
Senshi Cadet

Postby Innortal » Sun May 21, 2006 7:28 pm

So sad, yet so believable. Well done.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby migele » Mon May 22, 2006 8:11 am

hmm reminds me of the tucker in Hot Shots 1.
MAybe you can add that one too.
Definately gets the 'Crazy' stamp.
I liked the hanglider idea. Nabiki's skirt ...
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Mon May 22, 2006 10:01 am

Thanks guys, especially Innortal for your comment (considering w/o your fanfics I probably still wouldn't have read one page of Ranma or any Ranma fanfics/fukufics) ... even though I fear to ask what exactly was so sad about this - I certainly didn't try to write anything sad? :)
I might even dare to post this on ff.net now ;)
Sorry Migele, but the parallel between Ranma and MacGyver as people who improvise was the main point I tried to build the fic on and I have no plans to add any more new content to this, except in an attempt to fix my clumsy language at some places and connect the pieces after the panty scene better (at the moment, it resembles a patchwork quilt too much).
As for Hot Shots 1 - not my cup of tea and I don't remember who Tucker was. I'm somewhat averse to non-anime crossovers... this was one reason why Ranma's meeting with Mac is not described in detail. As for why I included a reference to Red Green, well, I've seen only one episode of Red Green Show and even I realized that you cannot have duct tape without Red Green (and vice versa). And after I had read "Red Green meets Robotech" his inclusion was pretty much mandatory.
Now to wait for someone to write a Ranma / Read or Die crossover...
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby migele » Mon May 22, 2006 10:50 am

I just realized that we are talking about completely different things.
But there was a ranma/McG fic out there already I think.
but unfished and of very lacking standart since I all but forgot about it.
So his main weapon is duct tape.
what's next?
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ion-chan » Mon May 22, 2006 10:13 pm

that was awsome!! how about a little more huh ? *poke poke*
"trained in the art of f*ked up by the cast AND crew of spamville , quake ye mortals quake in fear!"

"application of extreme fire power takes practice and the ability to laugh maniacally"

"losers call it cheating winners call it creative use of unconventional tactics"

Error 405: Reality.sys corrupted. multiverse halted. Reboot (y/n)?
Ion-chan
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Mon May 22, 2006 11:13 pm

Migele: so what were you talking about then?
Ion-chan: Sorry, not going to happen. Like the thread subject says, this is a oneshot spamfic... I already overuse duct tape (and actually changed the title because of that). I've run out of ideas as well and so I'm going to concentrate on my next fic (the dead talk one) and various pieces of (fan art) drawings instead.
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ion-chan » Mon May 22, 2006 11:23 pm

Kadunta wrote:Migele: so what were you talking about then?
Ion-chan: Sorry, not going to happen. Like the thread subject says, this is a oneshot spamfic... I already overuse duct tape (and actually changed the title because of that). I've run out of ideas as well and so I'm going to concentrate on my next fic (the dead talk one) and various pieces of (fan art) drawings instead.

awww! *pout* ok ok good work though.
"trained in the art of f*ked up by the cast AND crew of spamville , quake ye mortals quake in fear!"

"application of extreme fire power takes practice and the ability to laugh maniacally"

"losers call it cheating winners call it creative use of unconventional tactics"

Error 405: Reality.sys corrupted. multiverse halted. Reboot (y/n)?
Ion-chan
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Shadow Wolf » Mon May 22, 2006 11:34 pm

migele wrote:But there was a ranma/McG fic out there already I think.
but unfished and of very lacking standart since I all but forgot about it.

You're probably remember one of Metroanime's Omakes:
http://zeus.cwes.net/~yar/fanfic/sharp/s9135_omake.txt
Like the rest of the Omakes, it was never intended to be anything but a quick spamfic.
Shadow Wolf
Senshi Candidate

Postby ChasTaro » Tue May 23, 2006 12:35 am

:lol: Alright, had me laughing throughout. Nodoka would be proud. After all. Real men use duct tape. Upon seeing Ranma using duct tape, I can just hear her now. "My son is so manly!"
If you live to seek revenge, dig a grave for two.
ChasTaro
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kadunta » Tue May 23, 2006 1:32 am

One line of thought I might add up to the story...
As Akane was going through the clothing Nabiki had 'borrowed' earlier, Nabiki had again her binoculars at hand. 'So the makeshift parachute is the fallback plan...' she mused after she saw Ranma coming down slowly with the parachute, another ad banner trailing him. 'Although it might be wiser for him to ditch the hang glider before Akane realizes he was flashing her panties to all of Nerima.'

Another thing I'm wondering - should I spell out more clearly the deal with the jack-in-the-box near the end of the fic? (Kasumi out of the house, Akane in the kitchen opening a pesticide can, Nabiki ordering takeout should imply Ranma's "Akane cooking -warning system")
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Innortal » Tue May 23, 2006 5:50 am

Yeah, do explain that one more. When I first read it, it threw me off.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby migele » Tue May 23, 2006 8:06 am

Shadow Wolf wrote:You're probably remember one of Metroanime's Omakes:
http://zeus.cwes.net/~yar/fanfic/sharp/s9135_omake.txt
Like the rest of the Omakes, it was never intended to be anything but a quick spamfic.

I read that one but I don't think that was it. It had Ranma bulding weird stuff from scratch, much like McG did. must be an older thing several years back, but spamfic might be right.
Kadunta wrote:Migele: so what were you talking about then?

instead of duct tape he was using a tucker (I think that's the right word) in Hot Shots 1. It's that device that pins pages with a bit of metal togehter.
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C