Experiment

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Experiment

Postby Rei-chan » Tue May 16, 2006 9:40 pm

Hehehe.. I don't normally do fanfiction. And to be honest haven't actively worked on writing anything in about a year and a half. Anyway I figure I will try this and see what people think. Working title is Plans Come Together.
Disclaimer: Yeah.. don't own the characters here and if you think I do please give me your ssn and credit card numbers as well. I need money.
"Nabiki, you know how much I hate you right now?” Ranma-chan asks from under the collar of her trench coat while riding on the train next to Nabiki.
"Come on Saotome. You know you love showing off your moves just as much as I love raking in the dough. So toughen up and deal with it, who knows maybe you will show them all a thing or two about how it is done." Nabiki looks ahead of herself again, trying not to crack up about this current scenario.
"Besides, you like getting a cut of the profits from my little plans, while I enjoy watching the chaos they cause."
"True, Nabs, true. Just don't make that argument that technically I qualify ever again alright?"
"I'll think about it. After all you should have seen your face when I said it, priceless."
“Still bothers me that I am technically a magical girl. Now please explain the plan again.”
“Okay we go to a near by ward, not Nerima because you would be recognized instantly, and stage a show. Once we do this, that eccentric owner of DraCorp will pay us for the stunt. Now you remember your lines now?”
“Yeah Nabs, how could I forget those stupid lines. Come on who would believe this crap?”
“Come on Saotome, you know for a fact they believe in this stuff around here. The locals will eat it up. We entertain them, make some money, you get to show off, and everyone is happy. Cheer up.”
Ranma continues to grumble as they arrive in Juuban and disembark.
The people of Juuban heard a familiar sound, the roar of a monster let loose on the unsuspecting populace. Most people began to flee, but a few stayed behind rooted to their spots while a young woman with short brown hair tried to get out of the hands of the monster.
“Help me someone!” She is now on her hands and knees trying to get away from the gelatinous glob of evil.
A group of 6 girls watch stunned, mostly because none of them sensed any sort of evil energy when the creature appeared. The blonde with the meat ball hair do was mostly stunned by the sudden wave of nausea that hit her upon seeing the monster. They were trying to find a good place to hide and deal with it even though it gave off no negative vibes but stopped when they saw something.
“Leave the woman alone you vile demon. I can’t allow your mistress to take any more souls than she has already.”
Everyone looks up to see a woman standing atop a tree overlooking the monster as it is about to attack the poor woman in front of it. She is standing there, in what looks like a modified fuku. The skirt is longer and it isn’t quite as tight as a standard senshi fuku. The color scheme is also all wrong, being inverted from their standard with white for trimmings and black for the main coloration.
Suddenly the woman who had appeared atop the tree moves in such a way it is almost as if she teleported to slam a fist square in the middle of the monster. As the monster doubles over she channels energy down her hand and blasts it a few meters away from its target.
“Come on you sick pile of slime, you want a life to take then take mine.” She stalks to the recovering monster and in one motion pulls out a staff. The staff has a flame coloring to it with a circle on top. The staff makes contact with the creature before lighting it up in a blaze of fire. Quickly the monster is gone and the woman puts the staff away.
“Weakling.” With that, the woman fades from view and everyone just stands there shocked. That was perhaps the quickest monster dispatching they had ever seen. The six girls we saw from earlier approach the brown haired girl, noting that the page boy cut was somewhat flattering on her. “Miss, are you okay? Did you get hurt?” asks the youngest of the group. She is a small, frail looking girl with purple hair and slightly purplish irises.
“No thanks. I... I seem to be okay.” The young lady who was being attacked gets to her feet and looks at the group of girls that had approached her. “Sorry, may I ask what your name is my dear?”
”My name is Hotaru miss…?”
“Tendo, Nabiki Tendo.” Nabiki pauses for a moment wondering why she bothered to tell the girl. She shrugs though deciding it probably won’t matter. “Look I have got to go. Perhaps I will run into you and your friends again later.” Nabiki takes off leaving the park in a hurry.
The black haired girl of the group turns to the one with the blue hair. “Ami, please tell me you got all that on the computer.”
“There wasn’t any time to do so Rei, it was in storage.”
“I want to know why my stomach sensed horrible food while it was here.” The odagoed one states while the other blonde shrugs.
“Perhaps we should all get together and discuss what we saw today.” The group all turns around to see a woman with green hair in a tailored suit walking up to them. “After all it isn’t everyday we see someone who could be of use to us. Meet at the shrine, one hour.” With that she walks away from the group.
Ranma-chan is standing on the train platform while she watches Nabiki make her way back to her. She is wearing the trench coat from earlier. “Alright Nabs… are we done?”
“Yes Saotome we are done. Let’s go back home quickly now before the crew notices I snuck you out and begins chasing us thinking we are on some tryst.” The two board the train and head back to Nerima.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Delta-Theta » Tue May 16, 2006 9:53 pm

interesting... So am I guessing right that Ranma fought Akane's food...
that would be the only thing I can see that Ranma puts down with no thought..
it looks good might need to be buffed out in places but still good!
Delta-Theta/Makoto-chan
Losers call it "Cheating",
Winners call it "Exceptional Use of Unconventional Tatics".
Deal with it!
Delta-Theta
Senshi Cadet

Postby Rei-chan » Tue May 16, 2006 9:58 pm

Knew I forgot a detail there. Yeah its Akane's food. Also I am aware my tenses are all screwed up throughout this, still I don't think it was too bad for an hour and half's work out of boredom. Now then, revisions on this opening scene are in order. Let me know if you spot any other gaping errors in my little piece of drivel up there.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Tue May 16, 2006 10:04 pm

Good for a spam fic, although you might want to expand on it, most people on ff.net i heard of would overlook something that short, funny as **** but you wouldn't want to deprive anyone of that now would you?
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Tue May 16, 2006 10:53 pm

As we saw in Ace's bar, Akane is a Dark Kingdom wannabe and this proves it!!! Very funny, I'd love to see more Rei-chan!
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby ranger5 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:40 pm

Very funny. You know this DOES have the potential to be a longish fic with a lot of humor/action (per Ranma 1/2) if the Senshi actively seek Ranma out.
Could just see Ranma's idea's of honor making "her" join in the fight ... not to mention the Senshi's reaction to a male Ranma.
ranger5
"It's better to hit with a .22 than miss with a .45."
ranger5
Senshi Cadet

Postby ChasTaro » Wed May 17, 2006 5:49 am

Depending on were you place this in the sailor moon time line. The scouts might not get to upset upon seeing Ranma's curse.

I.E. Sailor moon stared bug eyed :shock: at the boy sitting at the table.
"Your A,--A Starlight!"
If you live to seek revenge, dig a grave for two.
ChasTaro
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ahye » Wed May 17, 2006 7:42 am

I couldn't help laughing once I realized what the monster was. I see lots of potential here. The standard Ranma in a fuku of course. Akane being mistaken as a dark general. Nabiki and Ranma matchup. And if Nabiki is spotted as the same girl being attacked several times, she might be thought of as similar to Usagi's friend Naru, who also seems to attract monster attacks. I also find it interesting that quite a number of fics lately have Ranma using the kinjakan and the gekkaja as weapons. Even though it's not identified by name, I believe that's what you have Ranma using here.
Not quite sure how this DraCorp would make money off this. Possibly foreshadowing of the real villians in some way? Good start. Lots of humor potential.
Ahye
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Wed May 17, 2006 7:58 am

using the kinjakan and the gekkaja as weapons

Actually... Ranma is strongly in favour of unarmed combat, feeling a weapon would only limit you in the things you could do.
But the possibilities of the two are tempting to be used in fanfics specifically Sailor Moon, with Hotaru and Setsuna having a similar staff-like weapon.
But I agree... there would be ample room for mayhem, confusion and further chaos.
*pictures a scene where a Dark General is gloating towards the Senshi, only to be devoured from behind by kitchen-induced biological warfare*
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Wed May 17, 2006 8:13 am

Actually I am surprised eveyone so far seems to have liked it. Yeah I know Ranma usually prefers unarmed combat, but in this fic he realized something about this situation. Its only going to get progressively more difficult from there so might as well use any advantage he can.
Sadly when I reread it, it makes me want to run off on an original tangent with a story about magical girls that combat bad food.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Wed May 17, 2006 8:29 am

Good and funny. But warGivers right sadly. FF.net readers seam to want good sized chapters. But I can see this going on for several good sized chapters. and welcome back to writing.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Neko- » Wed May 17, 2006 9:09 am

Honestly speaking, the tone as if things are happening in real-time (as used above) isn't really my cup'o'tea, but I'd be curious where you're gonna take this :)
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Innortal » Wed May 17, 2006 11:04 am

If you need an excuse for unarmed combat, less chance he'll be recognized if he doesn't use his usual moves.
Great work, and I do look forward to more, especially if any footage Setsuna has makes the Senshi think the two really are on a tryst.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Wed May 17, 2006 2:35 pm

Wouldn't using the staffs be a big giveaway to the true identity of the new Senshi the moment anyone who was at Jusendo sees them?
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Wed May 17, 2006 2:45 pm

Don't expect to see either of those items often, that was a special case. After all, you know of any other way to destroy Akane's food other than burning it? I would be afraid of what would happen if you tried the vacuum blade trick on it. Probably just get more of them.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C