Experiment

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Dragon Man » Wed May 17, 2006 3:41 pm

Rei-chan wrote:Don't expect to see either of those items often, that was a special case. After all, you know of any other way to destroy Akane's food other than burning it? I would be afraid of what would happen if you tried the vacuum blade trick on it. Probably just get more of them.

What if Uranus tried using the Space Sword on it? How long would it take her to be overwhelmed?
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Thu May 18, 2006 3:26 pm

I hope to have a modified version of this for the next time I post, I keep spotting little errors that are driving me nuts in it. Anyway I noticed someone said they found the dialoque a bit confusing, sorry about that. I am trying to avoid the habit I see in other fics of every line of speech having a designation of who said it beside of the line, it drives me nuts as that is too much like a script.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Tue May 23, 2006 12:17 pm

Please let me know what grammatical faupas I have made as well as anything that may be unclear or need to be expanded. Also note that I am going to be very busy during the next few weeks so this may wind up being the finished product I put up before getting back to it in a month.
Plans Come Together
Rei-chan: *Walks out and looks at all the weird people staring at the monitor.* Um yeah, well its not as if I own these characters or for that matter have a right to do the horrible things I am going to do to them, but it’s all in fun. The characters are the respective property of their creators, eventually I will stop being lazy and look up how to properly spell their names. Now on with this meandering little tale.
"Nabiki, you know how much I hate you right now?” Ranma-chan asked from under the collar of her trench coat while riding on the train next to Nabiki.
"Come on Saotome. You know you love showing off your moves just as much as I love raking in the dough. So toughen up and deal with it, who knows maybe you will show them all a thing or two about how it is done." Nabiki looked ahead of herself again, trying hard not to crack up about this current scenario.
"Besides, you like getting a cut of the profits from my little plans, while I enjoy watching the chaos they cause."
"True, Nabs, true. Just don't make that argument that technically I qualify ever again alright?"
"I'll think about it. After all you should have seen your face when I said it, priceless."
“Still bothers me that I am technically a magical girl. Now please explain the plan again.”
“Okay we go to a near by ward, not Nerima because you would be recognized instantly, and stage a show. Once we do this, that eccentric man will pay us for the stunt. Now you remember your lines now?”
“Yeah Nabs, how could I forget those stupid lines. Come on who would believe this crap?”
“Come on Saotome, you know for a fact they believe in this stuff around here. The locals will eat it up. We entertain them, make some money, you get to show off, and everyone is happy. Cheer up.”
Ranma continued to grumble as they arrive in Juuban and disembarked.
The people of Juuban heard a familiar sound, the roar of a monster let loose on the unsuspecting populace. Most people began to flee, but a few stayed behind rooted to their spots while a young woman with short brown hair tried to get out of the hands of the monster.
“Help me someone!” She was on her hands and knees trying to get away from the gelatinous glob of evil.
A group of 6 girls were watching stunned, mostly because none of them sensed any sort of evil energy when the creature appeared. The blonde with the meat ball hair do was more stunned by the sudden wave of nausea that hit her upon seeing the monster. They tried to find a good place to hide and deal with it even though it gave off no negative vibes but stopped when they heard a voice.
“Leave the woman alone you vile demon. I can’t allow your mistress to take any more souls than she has already.”
The group of girls looked up to see a woman standing atop a tree overlooking the attacking monster. She is standing there, in what looks like a modified senshi fuku. The skirt is longer and it isn’t quite as tight as the standard magical girl gear goes. The color scheme is also all wrong, being inverted from their standard with white for trimmings and black for the main coloration.
Suddenly the woman who had appeared atop the tree moved in such a way it is almost as if she teleported to slam a fist square in the middle of the monster. As the monster doubles over she channeled energy down her hand and blasted it a few meters away from its target.
“Come on you sick pile of slime. If you want a life, take mine.” She stalked to the recovering monster and in one motion pulled out a staff. The staff has a flame coloring to it with a circle on top. The monster charges this newcomer, hoping to take her down quickly. It didn’t know exactly what was going on, but it wanted to live. The new senshi simply evaded around the charge and hit the monster on the back. When the staff made contact with the creature it busted into fire. Quickly the monster was gone and the woman put the staff away.
“Weakling.” With that, the woman faded from view and everyone stood there shocked. That was perhaps the quickest monster dispatching they had ever seen. The six girls approached the brown haired girl who had been assaulted by the monster, noting that the page boy cut was somewhat flattering on her. “Miss, are you okay? Did you get hurt?” asked the youngest of the group. She is a small, frail looking girl with purple hair and slightly purplish irises.
“No thanks. I... I seem to be okay.” The young lady who had been attacked gets to her feet and looks at the group of girls that had approached her. “Sorry, may I ask what your name is my dear?”
”My name is Hotaru miss…?”
“Tendo, Nabiki Tendo.” Nabiki paused for a moment wondering why she bothered to tell the girl. She shrugs though deciding it probably won’t matter. “Look I have got to go. Perhaps I will run into you and your friends again later.” Nabiki left the park in a hurry.
The black haired girl of the group turned to the one with the blue hair. “Ami, please tell me you got all that on the computer.”
“There wasn’t any time to do so Rei, it was in storage.”
“I want to know why my stomach sensed horrible food while it was here.” The odagoed one stated while the other blonde shrugs.
“Perhaps we should all get together and discuss what we saw today.” The group all turned around to see a woman with green hair in a tailored suit walking up to them. “After all it isn’t everyday we see someone who could be of use to us. Meet at the shrine, one hour.” With that she walked away from the group, disappearing around the corner.
Ranma-chan was standing on the train platform while she watched Nabiki make her way back to her. She is wearing the trench coat from earlier. “Alright Nabs… are we done?”
“Yes Saotome we are done. Let’s go back home quickly now before the crew notices I snuck you out and begins chasing us thinking we are on some tryst.”
Ranma nods his head and then rushes to the rest room. “Not going to spend another minute in this getup than necessary Nabs.”
A few moments later a male Ranma returns wearing his usual clothes as the two board the train and head back to Nerima.
As the train gets closer to home, Ranma turns and looks at Nabiki. “That actually was kind of fun but I could have done it without the dressing in the fuku. Nabs, where on earth did you find something that would seal Akane’s beasts away?”
“Ahh the magic of plastic food containers with air lock seals of course Ranma. The better question is how much tranquilizer powder I had to use to put it down.”
“Please tell me you didn’t use too much. That’s the only thing I have that can stop Akane if she ever goes completely off the deep end. After all, I can’t just drop her like Ryoga, it wouldn’t be right.”
“I know, Ranma, I know. Now then, do you remember what we are going to tell the wrecking crew when we get back to Nerima?”
“Yes Nabs. I am not a complete lunkhead despite how I act for pops. You had to do some shopping in Juuban and I came along to act as protection for you thanks to a lost bet. Now though I have a question about our scenario. I can only assume that fight will be on TV. or in the news, so people will eventually track it to you. How do we explain that I didn’t take out the monster when I was with you?”
“Easy Ranma, we simply say that you saw a cat and were spooked. I was in the park trying to find you when I happened upon the aggressive demon. You should know by now that I have it all in the bag.”
“I know Nabs. After all you’ve been my business partner since a week after I moved in. I just can’t help but worry sometimes about our little set up being found out. I still wonder why no one has asked where I get the money I use from.”
“Ahh, but that is easy to explain too. People are not overly observant as a rule. I doubt anyone other than Cologne has even noticed when you have money. It’s not like you use it for much anyway.”
“If we get stuck doing this again for that eccentric, can I find a way to drag Ryoga with us? He would make an excellent magical pet. Maybe use him as the finishing move on the monster, since he seems to be the only one I know that can devour Akane’s evil monstrosities and live.”
Ryoga poured the food for the pigs at Akari’s farm. It was good to find a friend and stick around them for awhile finally, especially one that knew about the curse. He did not need to worry about being taken to the vet to be fixed or anything every time he was sprayed with water, and for that he was eternally grateful. If only his stomach would stop hurting, he had not eaten anything Akane had made in nearly two months.
“Everyone here now? I do not want to have to repeat myself.” Setsuna reclines on a pillow while the other senshi calm down and get settled in. “Okay, first things first. That was not a new senshi.”
She waits for the others to stop shouting and asking questions before she continues. “I know what you all saw, believe me when I say I am surprised it was possible for a non-senshi to do that sort of thing. I am currently pulling any info I can to find out who that mysterious person was, but I assure you it was no senshi. Now that that is out of the way, I need to know if any of you heard anything that may give us a path to follow. Perhaps a name for the girl or even who the victim was?”
Hotaru speaks up,” Well the girl said her name was Nabiki Tendo. I imagine she may know something about who rescued her. She didn’t seem all that surprised that a magical girl showed up to rescue her.”
Ami speaks up at this point. “Yes, I have been doing some gathering since the incident. Apparently she is well known for her business pursuits. I am unsure of much else about her at this point other than she runs a garage company named Tendo Enterprises and is apparently not above some minor petty misdeeds.”
“Thank you Ami. Now then on to the other order of business. The monster that appeared today was neither a youma nor any other sort of demonic entity. As far as I know, it was more like a lab accident gone horribly right.”
Usagi chirps up at this point,”Setsuna, is there any way we can get that person to help us. She seemed to know how to fight really well and we sure could use all the help we can get at any time.”
Setsuna notices Haruka and Makoto nodding their heads about that person knowing how to fight and internally agrees with the assessment. “That was what I wanted to discuss next. This person is extremely talented martially speaking. I think we should keep an eye out for her, possibly attempt to get her help. Now then, I need to get back to the gates. Let me know if any of you find anything further about our mystery girl is.” Setsuna then disappeared.
“But why did Pluto say she could be of use to us and then say we should watch her? I mean shouldn’t we be trying to contact that mystery girl? Hey meatball head I am talking to you?” Rei looks over to see Usagi is already busy reading in one of her manga.
Ami sweat drops as the usual fight starts and takes one of the cookies Makoto had baked for everyone while waiting for them to fight it out. Somehow, she felt, Setsuna knows more about that mystery girl than she was willing to reveal.
In the high-rise office buildings of DraCorp sits a darkened office. A tall backed chair is set behind a rather large oaken desk. This desk is obviously that of a ceo for it is clean and tidy. Jiro Yamada, cooperate yes-man and all around agent of the one behind the desk shifts uneasily. “So it worked? The incident went as desired? This is wonderful news.” The voice seems to flow from the darkened portion of the room, which is where the chair sits.
“Indeed it is sir. Everything went off without a hitch. The two we hired put on the show and by tomorrow everyone will have heard of it. How do you want to proceed?” The voice, accompanied by a chuckle, answers him. “I want you to approach them with another offer. Have them do this a few more times, in and around Juuban. I don’t want them to have to travel all over Tokyo to put on a show just yet. Also, when you approach them again, let them know of what our contract will provide. I imagine that at least the Tendo girl would like to go to college.”
The voice pauses for a moment as its owner is racked with coughs and a struggle for air. “Excuse me; I seem to have gotten too excited. Now, Jiro, how goes our production? Are they almost ready to roll off the line?” Jiro nods quickly, not wanting his boss to be upset with him. He understood the man did not like it when people failed the tasks assigned. “They are already on their way to be shipped. Should only take another two weeks before then. Is that soon enough sir?”
The voice responds, “It will have to be. Any sooner and we will get no good out of them. Now Jiro, I need to attend to other matters so could you send maintenance up. I spend $15,000 on a nice office and the lights would go out in half of it. I don’t care if they have to replace the things with standard fluorescents; this being in the dark is annoying.”
Jiro jumps and leaves the room thinking to himself that this job will get him killed eventually if for no other reason than heart attack. Once he has cleared the office and is safely on the elevator he begins to smirk to himself. “Oh well, its not like I don’t have it in the bag in the end.” He laughs to himself as he heads to the ground floor
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Tue May 23, 2006 1:47 pm

Better, but there's still too much present tense used. It was good that you went and changed the first half of it to past tense - as the first time I tried to read the fic (on the first page of this topic) I couldn't bring myself to even read past the first few paragraphs as it was all in present tense - but you still left half of in one tense while changing the other half, and that is seriously in need of correction.
Word of advice - never write a fic in present tense. Those who do are ignorant of proper grammar. When you write a fic (or a book for that matter), you are essentially telling a story, and you never tell a story in present tense.
Neko- wrote:Actually... Ranma is strongly in favour of unarmed combat, feeling a weapon would only limit you in the things you could do.

Neko-, this has already been discussed. Several times. Ranma does not frown upon using weapons, even when he doesn't have to. And in this case, I'm betting Nabiki insisted anyway, just to have Ranma be a Magical Girl with a magic wand of some kind.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Innortal » Tue May 23, 2006 2:33 pm

Not too bad. The next chapter might require you to add some flashbacks of other schemes Ranma and Nabiki have been a part of, trying to establish a pattern for them.
Good work on Pluto, knowing just enough to get by. Looking forward to what comes next.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Tue May 23, 2006 3:06 pm

I see what you mean Skaarj, I suppose that is a nasty habit I took up from when I was working on plays. Bugger, now I have to reveiw other things I have worked on and see if this is a consistant habit or not. Oh well at least its better to get out of the pattern before you start putting the serious stuff out there.
Thank you Innortal, glad you liked it. I agree on the flashbacks being needed but I wanted to avoid that in the first chapter.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby ranger5 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:10 pm

Nice foreshadowing. Makes you wonder just what Pluto know ... or suspects. Who or what DraCorp is and what their plan ... or marketing strategy is.
ranger5
"It's better to hit with a .22 than miss with a .45."
ranger5
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dragon Man » Wed May 24, 2006 1:54 pm

I like the second version alot. So Ranma isn't an official Senshi but can still help them, that's not something seen often. I'm eager to see how Ranma would fare against Haruka and Makoto in hand to hand combat when they're in there Senshi forms. The idea of Ranma and Nabiki being buisness partners since the week after he moved in is also pretty good.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Screwball » Wed May 24, 2006 4:18 pm

Nice foreshadowing. Makes you wonder just what Pluto know ... or suspects. Who or what DraCorp is and what their plan ... or marketing strategy is.

Obviously, they're marketing bioweapons, developed by their (unknowing) chief researcher, Akane, to the major governments of the world...
It looks good Rei. But, like Skaarj said, dispose of the present tense. Remember, you're not directing, you're describing. God, I sound like my former English teacher.
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Wed May 24, 2006 7:21 pm

Working on fixing that. Hope to have it fixed soon because I want to have this out before Saturday.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Thu May 25, 2006 6:17 pm

Alright last time I am posting this part. The tense thing should have been corrected, if not let me know where I missed it.
Plans Come Together
Rei-chan: *Walks out and looks at all the weird people staring at the monitor.* Um yeah, well its not as if I own these characters or for that matter have a right to do the horrible things I am going to do to them, but it’s all in fun. The characters are the respective property of their creators, eventually I will stop being lazy and look up how to properly spell their names. Now on with this meandering little tale.
"Nabiki, you know how much I hate you right now?” Ranma-chan asked from under the collar of her trench coat while riding on the train next to Nabiki.
"Come on Saotome. You know you love showing off your moves just as much as I love raking in the dough. So toughen up and deal with it, who knows maybe you will show them all a thing or two about how it is done." Nabiki looked ahead of herself again, trying hard not to crack up about this current scenario.
"Besides, you like getting a cut of the profits from my little plans, while I enjoy watching the chaos they cause."
"True, Nabs, true. Just don't make that argument that technically I qualify ever again alright?"
"I'll think about it. After all you should have seen your face when I said it, priceless."
“Still bothers me that I am technically a magical girl. Now please explain the plan again.”
“Okay we go to a near by ward, not Nerima because you would be recognized instantly, and stage a show. Once we do this, that eccentric man will pay us for the stunt. Now you remember your lines now?”
“Yeah Nabs, how could I forget those stupid lines. Come on who would believe this crap?”
“Come on Saotome, you know for a fact they believe in this stuff around here. The locals will eat it up. We entertain them, make some money, you get to show off, and everyone is happy. Cheer up.”
Ranma continued to grumble as they arrive in Juuban and disembarked.
The people of Juuban heard a familiar sound, the roar of a monster let loose on the unsuspecting populace. Most people began to flee, but a few stayed behind rooted to their spots while a young woman with short brown hair tried to get out of the hands of the monster.
“Help me someone!” She was on her hands and knees trying to get away from the gelatinous glob of evil.
A group of 6 girls were watching stunned, mostly because none of them sensed any sort of evil energy when the creature appeared. The blonde with the meat ball hair do was more stunned by the sudden wave of nausea that hit her upon seeing the monster. They tried to find a good place to hide and deal with it even though it gave off no negative vibes but stopped when they heard a voice.
“Leave the woman alone you vile demon. I can’t allow your mistress to take any more souls than she has already.”
The group of girls looked up to see a woman standing atop a tree overlooking the attacking monster. She is standing there, in what looks like a modified senshi fuku. The skirt is longer and it isn’t quite as tight as the standard magical girl gear goes. The color scheme is also all wrong, being inverted from their standard with white for trimmings and black for the main coloration.
Suddenly the woman who had appeared atop the tree moved in such a way it is almost as if she teleported to slam a fist square in the middle of the monster. As the monster doubles over she channeled energy down her hand and blasted it a few meters away from its target.
“Come on you sick pile of slime. If you want a life, take mine.” She stalked to the recovering monster and in one motion pulled out a staff. The staff has a flame coloring to it with a circle on top. The monster charges this newcomer, hoping to take her down quickly. It didn’t know exactly what was going on, but it wanted to live. The new senshi simply evaded around the charge and hit the monster on the back. When the staff made contact with the creature it busted into fire. Quickly the monster was gone and the woman put the staff away.
“Weakling.” With that, the woman faded from view and everyone stood there shocked. That was perhaps the quickest monster dispatching they had ever seen. The six girls approached the brown haired girl who had been assaulted by the monster, noting that the page boy cut was somewhat flattering on her. “Miss, are you okay? Did you get hurt?” asked the youngest of the group. She is a small, frail looking girl with purple hair and slightly purplish irises.
“No thanks. I... I seem to be okay.” The young lady who had been attacked gets to her feet and looks at the group of girls that had approached her. “Sorry, may I ask what your name is my dear?”
”My name is Hotaru miss…?”
“Tendo, Nabiki Tendo.” Nabiki paused for a moment wondering why she bothered to tell the girl. She shrugs though deciding it probably won’t matter. “Look I have got to go. Perhaps I will run into you and your friends again later.” Nabiki left the park in a hurry.
The black haired girl of the group turned to the one with the blue hair. “Ami, please tell me you got all that on the computer.”
“There wasn’t any time to do so Rei, it was in storage.”
“I want to know why my stomach sensed horrible food while it was here.” The odagoed one stated while the other blonde shrugs.
“Perhaps we should all get together and discuss what we saw today.” The group all turned around to see a woman with green hair in a tailored suit walking up to them. “After all it isn’t everyday we see someone who could be of use to us. Meet at the shrine, one hour.” With that she walked away from the group, disappearing around the corner.
Ranma-chan was standing on the train platform while she watched Nabiki make her way back to her. She is wearing the trench coat from earlier. “Alright Nabs… are we done?”
“Yes Saotome we are done. Let’s go back home quickly now before the crew notices I snuck you out and begins chasing us thinking we are on some tryst.”
Ranma nods his head and then rushes to the rest room. “Not going to spend another minute in this getup than necessary Nabs.”
A few moments later a male Ranma returned wearing his usual clothes and the two boarded the train back to Nerima.
As the train got closer to home, Ranma turned and looked at Nabiki. “That actually was kind of fun but I could have done it without the dressing in the fuku. Nabs, where on earth did you find something that would seal Akane’s beasts away?”
“Ahh the magic of plastic food containers with air lock seals of course Ranma. The better question is how much tranquilizer powder I had to use to put it down.”
“Please tell me you didn’t use too much. I was saving it for the event Akane ever goes completely off the deep end.”
“I know, Ranma, I know. Now then, do you remember what we are going to tell the wrecking crew when we get back to Nerima?”
“Yes Nabs. I am not a complete lunkhead despite how I act for pops. You had to do some shopping in Juuban and I came along to act as protection for you thanks to a lost bet. Now though I have a question about our scenario. I can only assume that fight will be on TV. or in the news, so people will eventually track it to you. How do we explain that I didn’t take out the monster when I was with you?”
“Easy Ranma, we simply say that you saw a cat and were spooked. I was in the park trying to find you when I happened upon the aggressive demon. You should know by now that I have it all in the bag.”
“I know Nabs. After all you’ve been my business partner since a week after I moved in. I just can’t help but worry sometimes about our little set up being found out. I still wonder why no one has asked where I get the money I use from.”
“Ahh, but that is easy to explain too. People are not overly observant as a rule. I doubt anyone other than Cologne has even noticed when you have money. It’s not like you use it for much anyway.”
“If we get stuck doing this again for that eccentric, can I find a way to drag Ryoga with us? He would make an excellent magical pet. Maybe use him as the finishing move on the monster, since he seems to be the only one I know that can devour Akane’s evil monstrosities and live.”
Ryoga poured the food for the pigs at Akari’s farm. It was good to find a friend and stick around them for awhile finally, especially one that knew about the curse. He did not need to worry about being taken to the vet to be fixed or anything every time he was sprayed with water, and for that he was eternally grateful. If only his stomach would stop hurting, he had not eaten anything Akane had made in nearly two months.
“Everyone here now? I do not want to have to repeat myself.” Setsuna reclined on a pillow while the other senshi calmed down and settled in. “Okay, first things first. That was not a new senshi.”
She waited for the others to stop shouting and asking questions before she continued. “I know what you all saw, believe me when I say I am surprised it was possible for a non-senshi to do that sort of thing. I am currently pulling any info I can to find out who that mysterious person was, but I assure you it was no senshi. Now that that is out of the way, I need to know if any of you heard anything that may give us a path to follow. Perhaps a name for the girl or even who the victim was?”
Hotaru spoke up,” Well the girl said her name was Nabiki Tendo. I imagine she may know something about who rescued her. She didn’t seem all that surprised that a magical girl showed up.”
Ami spoke up at this point. “Yes, I have been doing some gathering since the incident. Apparently she is well known for her business pursuits. I am unsure of much else about her at this point other than she runs a garage company named Tendo Enterprises and is apparently not above some minor petty misdeeds.”
“Thank you Ami. Now then on to the other order of business. The monster that appeared today was neither a youma nor any other sort of demonic entity. As far as I know, it was more like a lab accident gone horribly right.”
Usagi chirped up at that point,”Setsuna, is there any way we can get that person to help us. She seemed to know how to fight really well and we sure could use all the help we can get at any time.”
Setsuna noticed Haruka and Makoto nod their heads about that person knowing how to fight and internally agreed with the assessment. “That was what I wanted to discuss next. This person is extremely talented martially speaking. I think we should keep an eye out for her, possibly attempt to get her help. Now then, I need to get back to the gates. Let me know if any of you find anything further about our mystery girl is.” Setsuna then faded from view to return to her post.
“But why did Pluto say she could be of use to us and then say we should watch her? I mean shouldn’t we be trying to contact that mystery girl? Hey meatball head I am talking to you?” Rei looked over to see Usagi was already busy reading in one of her manga.
Ami sweat droped as the usual fight starts and takes one of the cookies Makoto had baked for everyone while waiting for them to fight it out. Somehow, she felt, Setsuna knew more about that mystery girl than she was willing to reveal.
In the high-rise office buildings of DraCorp sat a darkened office. A tall backed chair is set behind a rather large oaken desk, a desk that obviously belonged to ceo for it was clean and tidy. Jiro Yamada, cooperate yes-man and all around agent of DraCorp waited nervously. “So it worked? The incident went as desired? This is wonderful news.” The voice seemed to flow from the darkened portion of the room, which is where the chair sat.
“Indeed it is sir. Everything went off without a hitch. The two we hired put on the show and by tomorrow everyone will have heard of it. How do you want to proceed?” The voice, accompanied by a chuckle, answered him. “I want you to approach them with another offer. Have them do this a few more times, in and around Juuban. I don’t want them to have to travel all over Tokyo to put on a show just yet. Also, when you approach them again, let them know of what our contract will provide. I imagine that at least the Tendo girl would like to go to college.”
The voice paused for a moment as its owner was racked with coughs and a struggle for air. “Excuse me; I seem to have gotten too excited. Now, Jiro, how goes our production? Are they almost ready to roll off the line?” Jiro nodded quickly, not wanting his boss to be upset with him. He understood the man did not like it when people failed the tasks assigned. “They are already on their way to be shipped. Should only take another two weeks before then. Is that soon enough sir?”
The voice responded, “It will have to be. Any sooner and we will get no good out of them. Now Jiro, I need to attend to other matters so could you send maintenance up. I spend a bleeding fortune on a nice office and the lights would go out in half of it. I don’t care if they have to replace the things with standard fluorescents; this being in the dark is annoying.”
Jiro jumped and left the room thinking to himself that this job will get him killed eventually if for no other reason than a heart attack. Once he had cleared the office and was safely on the elevator he began to smirk to himself. “Oh well, its not like I don’t have it all under control.” He laughed to himself as he stepped out onto the ground floor
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Thu May 25, 2006 6:20 pm

Looks great to me!
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Screwball » Thu May 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Excellent. Now write the next chapters like that, and you'll be set.
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu May 25, 2006 6:41 pm

Pretty good. Though I did notice a couple of present tense errors. Just make sure any "Is"s that aren't in quotes become "Was"s.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C