Daimakaicho Ranma , chap 7 in progress.

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Daimakaicho Ranma , chap 7 in progress.

Postby Tuisto » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:22 pm

Daimakaicho Ranma!
Chapter 7
Ah! Enter Goddess’ part II
- - - - - -

Somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, on board the Australian Nuclear Submarine The Queens Revenge, yeomen Bates was bored out of his mind during his stint of nightshift duty in the dull thrum of the engine room.
‘Be a part of exciting adventures around the world… yeah right… my ass…’ Bates thought to himself over the dull engine noise, of the recruitment posters as he yawned and flipped the same page of the 4 month old Archie comic for the millionth time.

“Oh man what I wouldn’t give to know the surface time… is it day... is it night… warm or cold?...” Bates muttered to himself as he just flipped pages of the little book, no longer reading it as he had basically memorized it over the last 3 months of the tour.

Just as he was about to lean back into the steal folding chair to resume the monotony that passed for life on The Queens Revenge, suddenly there was a loud resounding bang throughout the whole of the engine room causing Bates to jump to his feet in surprise.

After calming his racing heart of the surprise, he soon found the cause of the bang; a simple wrench had just fallen from an open tool locker and onto the steal grating of the floor.
Shaking his head in disgust of the disorder the day-guys leave their tools, he began to re-rack some of the tools to relieve some of the tedium, when he suddenly caught motion to his right in the dimly florescent lit room.

“Hey, who’s there? Johnny, that you?” Bates called out, no answer came, shrugging it off as part of his imagination running wild with him, Bates just finished cleaning up the tool locker and with nothing else to do, proceeded to return to his old comic. ‘Maybe I can use it to cover my eyes and get a nap…” he thought to himself, hoping none of the CO’s would catch him in dereliction of duty.
Just as he returned to his spot though, he noticed that his folding chair had been folded and put along the bulkhead.

“Alright wise ass, come on out, you’ve had your fun… I know it’s you Johnny, no one else on this can is as pathetic a joker as you are…” Bates called out, now sure that Johnny was getting a laugh in on him. No answer came.

Bates then noticed a human-shaped shadow move behind one of the engine struts on the other side of the engine room, and so he went after it saying playfully “Now I gotcha’ you little pricker, wait till I tell the crew chief about this one…” said Bates as he rounded around the engine strut he barely managed to gasp out “What the…!”

The scene then played itself out on the wall like some sick twisted back-lit shadow-puppetry, of the mystery shadow whirling around to Bates’ shadow, and in one smooth motion swung with a shadowed arm at Bates’ shadow… moments later there was a gurgle sound as a large round object rolled off of the shoulders of Bates’ shadow, followed by a dull thud of the round object… his head hitting the steal flooring and a arcing red spray that painted the far wall of the room in streaks of a macabre dripping red. Moments later the shadow of Bates’ headless body fell to its knees, then down completely in death with a dull meaty thud against the steal grating.

Then from around the concealment of the engine strut, walked a pale sensuous woman with hair as dark as the moonless night and wide red-eyes, dressed in a black and forest green leather mockery of a Victorian School madam’s dress. Turning to look over her shoulder at the pile of man-flesh that was once yeoman Bates, she grinned and said with glee “What a cutie-pie…” as she then raised her upper lip, showing her fangs and then proceeded to roll out her long tongue, and in an obscene gesture licked all the crimson away from her left hand… one digit at a time…

- - - - - -

Moments earlier on the Bridge of The Queens Revenge the night watch were bored out of their witts themselves between the small sounds of strategic papers being shuffled to the slight pings of the navigational system, just another night on patrol as far as Second Officer Brigerton was concerned as he sipped at his coffee while intently studying “The Tale of Two Cities” from his seat in the very comfortable Captains chair.

Suddenly there was a clipboard in front of Second in Command Brigerton’s book. Annoyed, he looked up to see the nervous ensign fidgeting and signed the papers without looking at them as he thought in disgust “Probably a request to audit how many sheets we use to wipe…” as he then returned to his book.

He hadn’t even gotten more than a paragraph when the Operations Office called out “Sir! I’ve picked up something… I dunno’ what… but something weird on my screens!”

Annoyed, Brigerton drolled out “Care to define ‘weird’ for us Officer?” Several of the Bridge crew sniggered at that.

“I’m not sure Sir… there was a spike of energy… I think… like a power-surge in the aft sections a second ago… but now it’s like fading off.”

“This had better not be the Chinese again up to tricks again… Very well, in that case keep your eyes open in case it happens again, but next time…” Brigerton said, only to be cut-off by a shout from the Weapons Officer.

“Sir! I’ve just got a spike of radiation across the boards! Aft starboard sections!”

“Damn! Is it the engine or the warheads?!” Brigerton shouted to the weapons officer.

“Neither Sir! We’re reading full containment on all engines and missiles! Wait!...” the weapons officer called out as he paused to study the screen “…This… this isn’t possible…” he mutered after a moment.

“Well? Spit-it out man! What’s going on, on this boat?!” Brigerton shouted at the man.

Coming to attention the weapons officer called out “I’m not certain Sir… but the radiation spikes are Theta-band radiation!”

“So?” said a clueless Brigerton.

“Sir, there’s nothing on this ship… or maybe planet that generates Theta radiation! It’s only theoretically produced from antimatter or subspace reaction!” The Weapons Officer called back.

“Alright, then I’m taking us to Alert Status… Comm Officer, prepare a ship-to-shore communiqué to Sydney for instruction.” Brigerton said as the bridge was bathed in red light. “And Dammit! Someone go and wake up the Captain!”

The Comm Officer called out next “Sir! All communication just went down! All boards, all circuits… just fried!”
Then Navigation called out “Sir! I’m getting massive pings on passive radar and sonar all around us!” The Navigation Officer then screamed and then ripped off the large earphones he had been wearing that had begun emitting a painful high-pitched screeching.

“Dammit it all to Hell! What the Devil is going on, on this ship!” Brigerton shouted across the chaotic bridge.

“What an interesting choice of words…” drolled a deep bass, accented voice to Brigertons right.

Slowly Brigerton craned his head to the side and first saw an armband of red with a white circle with a black spider-like symbol best left forgotten. He then looked up to see a blond man with a smiling face… but who had deep red eyes and a single red line tattoo down his left cheek. Looking over the man again, Brigerton couldn’t help but notice the black uniform was a design common 70 years prior.

With a gulp Brigerton asked “Who the devil are you, and what are you doing on my ship!”

The man then smirked and said in his deep accent “How rude of me to not introduce myself, I am Tiberius Mueller, Kapitan of the Kriegsmarine U-boote 27 by spezial appointment by the Weimar Council of Naval Affairs…” he paused to stare intently at Brigerton with his red eyes, and then grinned showing a set of fangs “… and I’m here to commandeer this vessel.”

“Never! Seize this intruder!” Brigerton shouted as he stood to face the man… only to slip in something wet to land on his backside. Quicly Brigerton noticed that he slipped in a pool of blood, he looked around wildly, only to see more blood and small piles of bloody meat that moments ago had been the bridge crew.
Brigerton then looked up at the imposing man looking down at him with a mad-smile, screwing up his courage he stuttered out “I-I w-won’t a-allow this! I’ll f-fight to the death t-to protect t-this- s-ship!”

At this Muellers smile went to insane levels and he said with glee “So be it!” as he blurred into motion, and moments after that Brigerton joined his crew as a pile of dead-meat with a madly grinning Kapitan Mueller standing over him, licking from the blood from around his lips.

Moments later the bridge hatch swung open and through it stepped the woman in the old styled black and forest green dress. She appraised the room with a look of appreciation of fine work, then said in a sweet smirking voice “Having fun, are we Mon Kapitan?”

“No more than I’m sure you’ve had with the crew dear Sarah…” Kapitan Mueller said back amusedly as he stepped over the piles of meat on the floor to seat himself in the captains chair, then taking a moment to luxuriate in the feeling. He then said “The enchantments are in place?”

“Oh yes… Lord Akibu’s enchantments have been placed on the warheads and are ready at anytime, My Kapitan…” Sarah breathed out as she herself waltzed over and leaned her head over the top of the Kapitan’s head with a contented sigh.

“Excellent… simply excellent! Now all we must do is wait for Lord Akibu’s signal… he will be most pleased” Kapitan Tiberius Mueller said as he picked up the book on the armrest, “A Tale of Two Cities”, opened it with a smile and flipped to the next page…

- - - - - -

b

This is obviously just scene ONE!
Next scene. Mara and Ranma... sparks shall fly, as well as the much about nothing evil-fuku!
I like comments. :) Nice comments and insomnia keep me writing!
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Musouka » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:58 am

Error found:
Quicly Brigerton noticed that he slipped in a pool of blood, he looked around wildly, only to see more blood and small piles of bloody meat that moments ago had been the bridge crew.

What accent is Mueller using?
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:21 am

Er hat' einii Hochdeutsch akzent.
(German accent)

:|
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Krysis » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:57 pm

Just as he was about to lean back into the steal folding chair to resume the monotony that passed for life on The Queens Revenge, suddenly there was a loud resounding bang throughout the whole of the engine room causing Bates to jump to his feet in surprise.

Someone stole the folding chair?? Jerks! :D Maybe steel instead?
Krysis
Initiate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:33 am

If the interlopers are speaking Deutsch, 'twould be "Mein Kapitan" rather than "Mon Kapitan".
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:39 am

the correct form would be 'mein Kapitän'

Er hat' einii Hochdeutsch akzent.

Er hat einen hochdeutschen Akzent

'U-boote' is a plural. Did you mean the singualr form 'U-Boot'?

If you need any help with your German you can ask me.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:59 pm

This had better not be the Chinese again up to tricks again…
[/u]
http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/6534/3/0/1/ -Your source for onna ranma fics.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby Tuisto » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 pm

Dumbledork wrote:If you need any help with your German you can ask me.

Pardon that, I'm schwyzer so I do tend to slip into my dialekt schwyzerteutsch when not thinking about readability for the hochdeutsch speakers. So I may just take up your offer, yet.
As for Sarah, I like "Mon Kapitan" so I'll make her french for the hell of it. (insignificant side characters that they are...)
All other legitimate errors have been corrected. Thanks to all for pointing them to me.

Also, scenes two and three will by luck come to your computer screens soon.(crosses fingers)
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:10 am

If you want to make her French you'd have to write 'mon capitaine' ^_^
Last edited by Dumbledork on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:45 am

Tuisto wrote:As for Sarah, I like "Mon Kapitan" so I'll make her french for the hell of it. (insignificant side characters that they are...)

But if you say "Mon Kapitan" (however you spell it) I will think of Bluebottle, from the Goon Show. Are you sure you want to do that to me?
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Suikie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:30 pm

Hmm... going for a hellsing-esque theme with these guys? I think of hellsing when you describe such gore scenes and german leaders... I don't particularly care for the descriptors you use...

Slowly Brigerton craned his head to the side and first saw an armband of red with a white circle with a black spider-like symbol best left forgotten.

need to do something with that description. It is impossible to visualize whatever you want us to with this sentence. Is the black spider like symbol inside the white circle? where is the red? If you are looking for something reminiscent of the Nazi armband you would say:

"Slowly Brigerton craned his head to the side and saw a red armband displaying a white circle containing a black spider-like symbol best left forgotten."

Although even that probably wouldn't satisfy me, I'm not sure exactly what you are envisioning as I am unfamiliar with a nazi armband containing a spider symbol... now maybe you are refering to the swastika which almost everyone would recognize these days.

I myself would probably completely rewrite the sentence into something like:

"Brigerton slowly craned his head to the side. His gaze met with a red armband bearing a white circle containing the swastika, a symbol best forgotten."

There are other errors but I'm too lazy to reread to point them all out at this point in time and they don't stand out nearly as much.
Suikie
Senshi Cadet

Postby Hazard » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:15 pm

The Swastika is actually a religious symbol commonly used in Hinduism, and I'm pretty sure that other religions closely linked to Hinduism use it as well. This is for the very simple reason that the Swastika means 'well-being' or 'well-intent' for so far I know.

The National Sozialistische Deutsche Arbeiders Partei (I'm fairly sure I'm mangling the spelling) appropriated it for their own use, leading to the Swastika's current position as a symbol meaning racial/nationalistic hate mongering, specifically aimed at Jews, Slavs Gypsies with anything else not Arian following as a secondary target.

So I'm saying that not the Swastika itself would best be forgotten, but rather the way the Nazis used and abused it.

Also, as far as the Germans of the time knew, atleast, untill late in the Second World War, while what was done was immoral at best, it was done with the best of intentions. It probably was, come to think of it. It's just that the methods weren't immoral, but outright cruel and de-humanising, if not evil.
The measure of someone's sanity is decided by popular vote.
Hazard
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Hazard wrote:The National Sozialistische Deutsche Arbeiders Partei (I'm fairly sure I'm mangling the spelling) appropriated it for their own use, leading to the Swastika's current position as a symbol meaning racial/nationalistic hate mongering, specifically aimed at Jews, Slavs Gypsies with anything else not Arian following as a secondary target.

Actually, the Arians were a Christian heresy. In some histories the Aryans were an early tribe that settled India, and I'm not exactly sure why the Germans decided to glomp onto the designation. Something to do with speakers of the ancestral Indo-European languages.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Phoenix » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 am

Tuisto wrote:All other legitimate errors have been corrected. Thanks to all for pointing them to me.

This had better not be the Chinese again up to tricks again…

I just wanted to make it clear that I wasnt referring to the spelling but to the flow of the sentence. The word "again" recurring so close really doesn't sound good.

Perhaps "This had better not be the Chinese, up to their tricks again" would work better, I dont know but I think its a mistake to leave the sentence as it is.
http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/6534/3/0/1/ -Your source for onna ranma fics.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:13 am

Do you have these cleaned up and posted any place?
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Next

Return to Stories and C&C