Ranma/Naruto Draft

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma/Naruto Draft

Postby Khortez » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Disclaimer: Neither Naruto nor Ranma 1/2 belong to me. They belong to Kishimoto and Takahashi respectively.
Untitled 01
The sun was barely noticeable on the horizon, serving to barely light the tips of the building in the Sand Village. The only people out were the sand ninjas that guarded the walls on the entrance to the village or the drunks who were slowly and laboriously making their way home to their angry wives. Yet in the quiet, foul murder was being plotted by two men dressed in the standard sand ninja garb.
“Are you sure we should be doing this?” Tobio asked his scarred partner while keeping a vigilante eye out for any of the guards.
Akame lifted his gaze from the scrolls in front of him to glare at the bald man. “No, we shouldn’t be doing this, but if we want to be more than mere agents to Akatsuki than this is the only way to do it.” Sighing, he got a pair of binoculars from one of the pouches and passed it to Tobio. “Make sure the way is clear.”
Grunting his acknowledgement, Tobio pressed the binoculars to his eyes ignoring blood from the guards whose equipment they had looted. Scanning their pre-arranged path, he noted that the path was indeed clear. Grimacing that their apparent luck, he looked back toward his fellow conspirator and waited for him to finish packing up.
Akame, after was seemed like an eternity to the both of them, finally stood up and nodded. The binoculars fell from Tobio’s hand, and before the binoculars even made it half way to the floor, they were gone, with two corpses being their only witnesses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ranma was having a very boring day so far. The morning had started out decently enough, but instead of having some miso, which Kasumi knew he loved, she instead decided to try her hands on some western dishes like scrambled eggs and french toast. It was delicious none-the-less, but he would have preferred miso. After that it was a mad dash to the school, a beat down on all things Kuno, and the mind numbing bore that was school. The only thing that was making this day passable was the duel he had planned with Mousse later.
Still, it wasn’t much of a duel anyways. Mousse had plateaued a while ago, and their fights were getting mostly repetitive. In fact, a training trip might be in order in a while. He really hadn’t spent any time training recently, and the downtime was boring the shit out of him. Besides, he thought, it won’t be like I’m missing much here. Nabiki is leaving at the end of the year, and Akane is starting to look at colleges to apply to. I still don’t know if I want to go, after all I barely even care about my grades now, what’s to make me start caring about them later?
Groaning, Ranma snapped back to reality when Ms. Hinako called him to answer the question on the board. Lifting his head from his desk where it was cradled in his arms he glanced at the board. There was some math equation up there that he really couldn’t understand, or care to understand anyways.
“Twelve,” he guessed randomly hoping that she would just let him get back to his thoughts.
“You are correct Ranma,” answered the child-form of Ms. Hinako brightly.
That got his attention, perhaps he was better at this school thing than he though.
“What… really?” he asked just to make sure.
“Happo Goju-en Satsu!” she cried which answered his question as he felt his energy being slowly sucked out of him.
“No Mr. Saotome, the answer was three seventeenths, and you would know that if you were paying attention. You really should start concentrating more on this or else you’re going no where in life,” Hinako lectured him as he gladly let exhaustion claim him and greeted the Sandman.
I wonder why the call sleep that… was his last though before he lost consciousness.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It wasn’t too hard to get past the guards around the Kazekage’s tower. The Sand’s forces were spread out too thinly doing whatever missions they could get their hands on, to properly guard their leader. It was a testament to how much their attack on the Leaf had cost them, and the slow attrition due to the Wind Country’s negligence of them.
Akame and Tobio had no difficulty stealthily getting to the Kazekage’s room, who at this time would still be asleep and an easy target to those wanting the power of the bijuu. With their kunai out, they walked toward the highly ornamented door with the symbol of the Sand on it, and slid the door open.
“You made a mistake thinking that you would leave the Sand with your lives,” the Kazekage, Gaara of the Sand, said while still being seated at his desk. “Especially considering that you already murdered two of my men.”
Akame, cursing loudly, reached for some explosive notes and hurled them straight at the Kazekage’s desk. “Tobio, distract him while I get the scroll ready,” he commanded while reaching for the scrolls in his pack.
Shaking, Tobio put his kunai away and started performing seal. “Dammit, you said he was going to be asleep. He’s a fucking jinchuuriki! We could die!”
“You’re right, you both will die,” Gaara intoned calmly still seated in his desk with a gourd by his side. Then the room exploded.
“EARTH ELEMENT: ROCK LODGEMENT DESTRUCTION!” Tobio yelled as he slammed his hands on the ground causing the ceiling to collapse on the area over the desk. Not wasting time, he quickly moved to perform more hand seals and with of “EARTH ELEMENT: SPLITTING EARTH FORCE!” the ground cracked and moved to swallow and crush the Kazekage.
Panting, Tobio stood in the crumbling room at the ready half watching to see if Akame was ready with the scroll, half waiting for Gaara to stumble out of the wreckage.
“Goddammit, hurry up Akame! I took him down, now hurry before he gets up!”
“Almost ready! Just watch to make sure that he doesn’t interrupt…there done!” he cried with a grin as he got his chakra ready to power the seal.
With his chakra gathered, Akame moved to activate the scroll seal when he was abruptly stopped by an intense pressure coming from the other side of the room as the dust exploded outwards revealing Gaara standing there with the sand holding him over the floor and shielding him from the wreckage in the ceiling. Dust, papers, rocks, and ink flew toward both of them as the area around Gaara cleared.
A yelp help drive their attention to the bald man desperately trying to perform another jutsu. With a casual movement, Gaara extended an open hand toward the man who was quickly encased in sand and screaming. The fist closed, the screaming stopped, and red mist floated through the room.
The droplets of blood splattered all over his face brought Akame out of his trance, and quickly putting Tobio’s fate out of his mind, he pressed his palms over the scroll, to discover to his horror that the ink and the blood had changed the seal.
As the scroll started growing brighter, his vision got obscured by sand. He couldn’t bring himself to care as the darkness consumed him. The last words he heard were the muffled “Desert Coffin” as the sandman consumed him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He woke up to the not so gentle shaking by his uncute fiancée. She was muttering something he really couldn’t make out. Groaning, he brought himself back firmly to the land of the living, and looked toward the concerned face of Akane.
“Seriously Ranma, you shouldn’t be so apathetic toward school, or what else are you going to do with the rest of your life?” she questioned him, mirroring what Ms Hinako had told him earlier.
“You know what Akane, I don’t know, I really don’t know,” he answered her while staggering to his feet. He still hadn’t fully recovered from Hinako’s energy drain, and almost tripped if Akane hadn’t caught him at the nick of time.
“Geez, you’d also think that she would keep you awake so you could actually learn something too,” she giggled as Ranma mocked glared at her. “Now just lean on me as we walk to lunch.”
“Now just what kind of man needs a women to help him walk around,” he asked her while pushing himself off of her and slowly getting his balance into place.
“The kind that turns into a girl with cold water,” she muttered darkly. However, she quickly grew more concerned as Ranma noticeably struggled to remain upright. “You sure you don’t need help?”
“Nah, all I need is some food and I’ll be back to normal. Just as long as its not food you cooked, or I’ll probably die!” he laughed at his little joke as he stood up right and puffed his chest out, only to stop as he felt a sense of impeding danger standing right behind him. Turning around he smiled weakly at his glaring fiancée as he sweat-dropped heavily.
“Well if you’re healthy enough to crack jokes, then you’re healthy enough to walk to lunch on your own,” she growled walking toward the door. Once there she stopped and turned to him. “You coming or not?”
“Yea, sure,” he answered cautiously as his body glowed brightly and suddenly disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Blinking in shock, Akane looked around the room for any signs of the pigtailed martial artist. Seeing all the windows closed and the only entrance being blocked by her, she stood there in a stupor.
“Ranma….,” she whispered at last to the empty air.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He blinked, that was all he could do. One moment he was in the classroom with Akane heading out to lunch, the next he was… here, in this room with a hole in the ceiling, in the floor allowing you to see the room below, holes all around the walls leading outside, rubble all around, 2 huge piles of sand, the smell of blood, and a red-haired kid. He chose to focus on the kid, with the sand floating all around him, all other details being ignored for the moment. Something was nagging at him that this didn’t feel right, that there was something very wrong going on in this room, but he couldn’t for the life of him figure it out.
He was about to do another, more thorough, scan of the room when fear suddenly assaulted him like never before. It clutched at his heart and stopped his body from working. His eyes quickly found the source, the raccoon eyed boy. Damn! Damn, damn, damn, damn! I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die….. what is this, who is this kid? He doesn’t look more than fifteen, and yet, I’m scared of him, why? Why can’t my body move? Damn, I’m still weak, I’m gonna die, why can’t I fight back?... I’m gonna die! NO! I can’t die, I won’t die, not here, not ever!
Steeling himself, Ranma tried to fight off this irrational fear, and succeeded only in moving his body back, crawling backwards toward the wall through one of the huge piles of sand. His hands met the rough texture of the sand, and an odd, wet, sticky, smooth thing which his mind immediately labeled as ‘wrong’ and refused to analyze it any further. Instinctively, he knew what it was, he just couldn’t deal with it right now, however, his instincts took over and the idea of fighting wasn’t even entertained. He quickly turned around and made a mad dash toward one of the holes in the wall upsetting the rubble and causing it to fall to the ground. Unfortunately, the shrieks that emerged quickly showed him his mistake, as a crowd of villagers had gathered to see what had happened with the Kazekage in his tower.
The fear was instantly replaced by a different feeling, one that suited him better. Finally using the skills he was famous for, he spotted a little girl that was running toward falling rubble unknowingly, probably not understand what was going on with the crowd. Without hesitation he threw himself out the window and using everything he knew of mid air combat, made himself fall faster, only barely passing the falling stones. The ground cracked under him, but he was only focused on the girl, and in an instant he knocked her down and with gritted teeth and closed eyes braced himself to be hit as he shielded her.
When nothing happened, he opened his eyes and saw the confused face of an eight year old girl staring right back at him. Looking up, he saw that all the stones were being held in the air by large chunks of sand. Even further than that, he saw the red haired kid floating down on a sand cloud face as impassive as ever, however no fear stabbed at him this time.
“Lord Gaara,” the little girl muttered, and he followed her eyes to the guy who had barely made landfall.
Then there was a sudden influx of sand and he was forced to close his eyes. When the wind died down, he opened them to find that he was surrounded by a veritable army wearing basically the same uniform. They all had their eyes on the kid… Gaara, is what the girl called him, who had his eyes on him.
“Take care of the bodies in my study. Study whatever remains of them, I want to know where they came from. Find the two they killed and give them a proper burial,” Gaara commanded, and surprisingly some of the uniformed men obeyed. However his words finally struck home, and he consciously knew what exactly was stains where on his clothes now.
Pushing himself off the girl, he threw up and let himself lose consciousness for the second time that day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Staring at the pigtailed youth, Gaara almost missed the flinch the group gave when the he suddenly moved. However he was no threat, and within moments he was unconscious.
His next target was the little girl who was still sprawled on the floor. Walking up to her he knelt down next to her and gently helped her to her feet. When she finally stood up, she beamed at him and ran off to do whatever it was little girls do at this early hour.
Finally noticing the looks his subordinates where giving the unconscious kid, he addressed them. “Get a medic-nin, and have two guards stationed outside the room.” Looking around the crowd he spotted his sibling and beckoned him forward. “Kankuro, I want you to keep an eye on him in the room. He came with the group that tried to assassinate me, yet he protected the girl. I want to know who he is and where he’s from. Find out where he’s from, and try to be gentle, as far as we know he is no enemy.”
Kankuro nodded at his brothers odd request, but was going to follow his orders to the letter. He was moving toward the unconscious youth when his brother called out to him once more.
“One more thing Kankuro, I’m going to borrow your room, mine appears to be broken. Make yourself comfortable somewhere else for a while.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is my first fic, so please be as brutal as you can when critiquing.
I've had the idea to do this for a while, however the intro was supposed to be more funny with Ranma meeting with Jiraiya by way of faulty seal or summon. Jaraiya was at first hostile towards Ranma until he was splashed accidently by Naruto and the Jiraiya was willing to let Ranma-chan get into the Leaf Village and thats where our story starts. In the end, I think it would make more sense for Ranma to go to the Sand as the Leaf really doesn't need any more help. It only took me a few hours in coming up with the new idea and actually writing it down.
Its going to get lighter as the story progresses, I just used the dark intro to give Ranma a crash course into the world of Naruto. This happens during the timeskip. Around 2 years have passed since Naruto left the Leaf Village with Jiraiya.
I'm hoping someone could point out some errors I've made, or what I could do to improve it.
Khortez
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Can't wait to see where you go with this, don't see too many Ranma/ Naruto crossovers and the ones you do see aren't very good.
One of the things that are a problem with crossing over the two is that Ranma seems to be too powerful for the Naruto universe. So are you going to do something to limit his power.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Khortez » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:39 pm

Personally, I am of the belief that Ranma would get his ass kicked by many of the main Naruto cast. Just look at what the others are capable of. Kiba is able to turn into a huge dog demon thing, Gaara has the Shukaku, Naruto the Kyuubi, Shikamaru the Shadowbinding and Choking, Neji is able to turn off all the chakra from a distance now it seems, and I believe that with the gates open Lee can beat Ranma in a one to one fight. Consider this, Ranma has dedicated his life to his fighting, however, to the ninja's fighting is their life, and they have developed cultures, villages, and waged secret world wars (I got this from one of the covers of Naruto, something about the third secret world war somewhere between chp 240-260) to protect their way of life.
Those were just some examples, because we really can't measure the strength and speed of Ranma consistently in the manga, I don't really have any reason to believe that he is overpowering in the Naruto world. He may be stronger than the average ninja, but they have techniques that he hasn't seen, or even heard of before, and as for speed, well they are ninja so they must be fast. All he really has is the Hiyru Shoten Ha, which won't be as effective on ninja who can subdue their emotions, the Amaguriken (spelling is off, I know), which is only good in close combat, and the Mouko Tabiska which is only a long range physical attack. Now, whether I decide to unseal the Yamasenken and the Umisenken that would bring him in more to the techniques that can kill people stage. However, the wind already has such vaccum blades, so it really isn't overpowering at all. Don't worry though, he's atleast at Chuunin level, though what that means will be explored more in my fic. I plan to make his useful to the Sand, but not the ultimate weapon or anything.
The main problem I have now, it to devise a jutsu that fits Ranma all around. It has to be flexible enough where he can use it for all sorts of purposes, just as he uses the Hiryu Shoten Ha. I'm currently re-reading the manga to see if the perfect jutsu just hiding somewhere in there. If not, I might have to look into the fillers. I'm not looking forward to that at all.
Last edited by Khortez on Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khortez
Senshi Candidate

Re: Post

Postby Dragon Man » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:49 pm

A very nice start, I especially like how Ranma saved the girl, it's perfectly in character for him. I look forward to seeing what he learns in the Naruto world and if he finds a way to go back to his own world and show off what he learns!
Dark Magic wrote:Can't wait to see where you go with this, don't see too many Ranma/ Naruto crossovers and the ones you do see aren't very good.
One of the things that are a problem with crossing over the two is that Ranma seems to be too powerful for the Naruto universe. So are you going to do something to limit his power.

Have Ranma impose a limit on himself, like sticking to pure Taijutsu in fights and only practicing Ninjutsu to learn the jutsu? I can't see Ranma using Genjutsu though, or falling victim to it easily.
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:05 pm

A special move that Ranma could do would probably be very distructive. So keep that in mind when you do come up with an attack.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Innortal » Mon May 01, 2006 8:28 am

The main thing you're also going to have to decide is how to arrange the energy debate. Is ki/chi the same as chaakra, or is it just a part: ki/chi + SE [spirit energy] = chaakra?
This fact will let you know better on how Ranma stands on raw power. If it is only a part, than anyone trying to copy it with Sharingan or the likes will literally have it blow up in their face.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Khortez » Mon May 01, 2006 11:02 am

As of right now, I'm thinking I'm going to have chakra be the same as ki that Ranma is used to. Only that Ranma has never seen this particular usage for it before.
After all, it seems like chakra comes from the body itself, with the spirit energy being only the actual knowledge of the technique and proper focus to perform it. There really doesn't seem to be any other source of energy in there at all, which lead me to believe the name, spiritual energy, is a misnomer.
Khortez
Senshi Candidate

Postby nuclear death frog » Mon May 01, 2006 1:14 pm

Innortal wrote:The main thing you're also going to have to decide is how to arrange the energy debate. Is ki/chi the same as chaakra, or is it just a part: ki/chi + SE [spirit energy] = chaakra?

Heh. Think about what YuYu Hakusho fanfic writers have to work with.
Here are the energy types in that series: Ki (life force). Reiki (soul energy). Youki (demon energy). Sei Kou Ki (saint light energy).
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby crystlshake » Tue May 02, 2006 4:30 am

I like it. Nice level of description for the scenes that fleshes them out without overdoing it. The crossover mechanic was one of the more original I've seen. Usually its a Ranma cast member that instigates it somehow instead of Ranma just being an unlucky victim of someone elses screwup (pretty normal for him acutally). The 'save the innocent' act was good too for displaying Ranma's character to the reader and the rest of the present cast. Extra points for dropping him on the sand. Most crossovers of this type have him interacting with the leaf or main cast within the first chapter. Should provide some interesting interaction with Ranma's personality as part of a group that is semi neutral to the main characters. Saddly I was disapointed that it ended where it did. While a good point suspense and pacing wise, I really want to see what happens next.
As far as the ki thing could have it as a similar problem that Naruto faces where he has a lot of the energy but trouble focusing it correctly (Ranma more from infamiliarity though). As far as an actual ability if the reference work doesnt pan out could use a cantrip or low level spell from a game as a base. They tend to be more versatile to any given situation but less powerful. This could allow him to use it more frequently as he becomes accustomed to it since its cost per use would likely be less. Course some on the fly modified jutsu would be awesome as well.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Energy System

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Fri May 12, 2006 1:56 am

Personally, I'd do it like this:
Ki(physical energy) + Reiki(spiritual energy) (and sometimes + chi) = Chakra (energy for most ninja skills)
Ki is the primary energy Ranma uses, it's produced by all the living cells in your body, the healtheir and stronger those cells are, the more they produce. It is mostly concentrated around a person's 'center' which is between the pelvis and the navel approximately, and is also their center of balance, it is focused there in your life force core, and the rest is spread out in an aura. It is used for battle auras, ki blasts and various ki attacks, it's also used by controling your Ki aura, to manipulate environmental chi, such as the energy found in plants, the sky, earth, and water. Ki follows primarily certain paths in the body, but the flows are less distinct and specific than chakra paths and flows.
'Stamina' in Naruto is basically ki energy, the occasional auras Naruto, Gai, and Rock Lee have shown are primarily an excess of ki energy becoming visible.
Reiki is spiritual energy, it is produced by the interaction of the soul with the nerves of the body, and is mostly concentrated around the brain and heart. It is focused in your spiritual core around your heart, and it's primary conduit is the eyes and mental focus. Miko abilities, psychic powers (empathy, telekinesis, telepathy, clairvoiyance, ect.), shamanistic powers, and many mental focused abilities are all primarily dealing with reiki. Reiki also deals with synching with animals and spirits in shamanistic type powers, and is used to steal the ki energy of people in techniques like Hinako's and Happosai's. Reiki is particularly effective against undead or demonic entities if it's charged with the right sorts of positive feelings from a pure of heart person.
'Killer intent' and the ability to 'sense' chakra or other sorts of things by normal ninja and folk who aren't using chakra are abilities based in reiki and the way it reacts to surrounding energies. Shinto wards are powered by reiki, as are the spirit swords and reigan techniques of YuYu Hakashou. The killer intent of powerful ninja like Zabuza, Orochimaru, and others, is actually a form of reiki attack that scares an opponent through showering them with 'killer intent' of your emotionally charged reiki, which causes them to be terrified, this works actually better on those trained to sense energy or to have a danger sense because they are more sensitive to the psychic emenations and more aware of them, but of course it can be resisted if your psychic powers are stronger and more stable than the one trying to scare you.
Ranma's neko-ken is almost entirely based in reiki, it's a psychic construct made up of feline energy absorbed from the cats in the pit, a part of Ranma's own reiki system is permanently synced in the same pattern as a cat's, and is a construct in Ranma's reiki system of incredible power, that takes up most of Ranma's reiki. Because of the way the Jusenkyo curse, (and it's shamanistic death aspects) intracts with Ranma's reiki, Ranma's neko-ken self is a female cat, even when Ranma's actually in male form. The catlike sounds Ranma makes and the neko-ken claws are manifested by Ranma's exceptional psychic abilities subconciously, many of the enhancements to Ranma's abilities are actually related to Ranma burning through reiki to manifest psionic movements and forms of tactile telekinesis, and enhancing Ranma's danger and energy senses. Because most of Ranma's reiki is locked away in the neko-ken construct, Ranma's normal psychic powers are only equivalent to an average miko/shinto priest (if you only count the ones with real abilities) rather than an epic one which Ranma could be with his/her potential.
Genjutsu tend to use more reiki in the chakra and use the chakra to affect a person's reiki, because of their intangibility and the way they affect a person's mind and conciousness.
Chi is the energy of the world, chi immerses in everything, you can find it in animals and plants, air and water, even in completely dead things like metal and minerals, the most basic and wild forms of magic involve chi manipulation, usually through use of your spiritual or ki energy, and repetitive invocations and spiritual focci, such as the sort of chi magic used by 'Uncle' in Jackie Chan Adventures. The Soul of Ice is a chi technique, to synch your aura with the chi around you and use your aura to make your surroundings very cold, which opposes the heat generated by a strong battle aura. Ki and Reiki are actually simply certain types of chi, another person's ki or reiki is chi to you. Chi can be absorbed and converted to personal ki, reiki, or chakra in certain ways through certain, usually highly inneficient, techniques. Mousse's Hidden Weapons technique and the 'stuff space' displayed in Ranma 1/2 by various characters involves chi manipulation to create and maintain extradimensional pockets in your aura. Chi tends to taint one's aura which causes one to be affected psychologically by use of certain techniques or when affected by certain attacks. When using emotions to channel a battle aura or use a ki attack, rather than finding your center and controlling your breathing and using willpower and concentration to control your ki, it converts your ki to emotional chi, leaving certain taints, usually making you more prone to the emotions used or constantly feel them to a small degree until the taint is removed through difficult and rare meditation and aura purification techniques. Chi techniques can be exceptionally dangerous because of this. Many elementally focused attacks rely on chi manipulation, especially when they don't involve any purer types of magic such as chakra, elemental, divine or demonic magic, examples of this are the ai no fanfare (?) attack Ranma uses in the martial arts cheerleeding match. Most of the Umi-Sen-Ken and Yama-Sen-Ken techniuqes, besides the physical and tactical aspects, are based in chi manipulation. Although the actual words aren't really important, shouting out attacks is very useful to help focus chi, although the reasons behind this are unknown. Ryoga's iron cloth techniques and many of Kuno's sword techniques are based in chi manipulation. The bakusai tenketsu uses spiritual senses to detect the chi resonance of objects, synches the ki in your finger with it, and floods the object with too much chi of it's own resonance at a weak point in it's chi structure, which causes the object to shatter, although the toughness granted by the training is actually caused by both toughening the bones and skin and deadening the nerves to pain through repeated impacts and causing you to subconciously create ki buffering feilds in your aura that uses a stronger ki aura to reinforce and protect your body. Cologne's shark fist and cat's splitting hairs are both mostly chi manipulation.
Chakra is a base form of magic all normal, healthy humans are capable of producing and manipulating. Normally, they have absolutely no chakra in their body, it must be generated by forcing ki and reiki to mix. It follows certain specific pathways in the body. If these pathways are improperly formed or damaged, one may have trouble using chakra. Rock Lee has difficulty using and creating chakra because his inner coils system is underdeveoloped, the center where his chakra is created has less loops than average, meaning he can produce and hold less chakra than normal, and his spiritual energy is different from average in a way that makes his chakra wild and difficult to control. Chakra is used primarily by ninja, almost all Naruto characters, and most of their techniques, are based in chakra, and usually triggered by using hand seals to mould the chakra. There are twelve seals, based on the signs of the zodiac, and different combinations create different jutsu, although chakra control and power affects wheather the jutsu works properly or at all as well, and with a lot of practice at a jutsu and chakra control it is possible to do simpler jutsu without hand seals. Elemental jutsu usually draw on elemental chi in the creation of the elemental chakra, or use chakra to manipulate environmental chi.
Ranma has displayed a few ninja skills, the 'Saotome cling to the ceiling and hope they don't look up' uses a little bit of chakra in the same way as the 'tree climbing' training, although since it's the whole front of the body, rather than focused on the feet, the hardest part to concentrate it too, and Ranma also uses a grip with his fingers and sometimes toes and other body parts, it's much easier than the tree climbing training. Ranma also can use kawarami no jutsu, (which uses hand seals! Ranma knows ninjutsu, or at least that one) as he's demonstrated, his incredible speed and jumping abilities are partially due to use of chakra. The Amaguriken, or at least Ranma's version of it, is actually the exact same thing as the the opening of the first gate, the initial gate, releasing the mind's constraints on what the body does, although Ranma doesn't and can't open the gate completely, since he doesn't actually understand what he's doing, he merely learned it through trial and error and on accident. It uses a bit of chakra to force the gate open.
Ranma's rapid healing is actually a mixture of things, primarily it is the high amounts of ki in his body giving him more energy for his body to do it's thing and heal naturally faster. Because of this using a battle aura increases his healing rate further. Part of it is his psychic powers working subconciously to increase his healing. Part of it is, when he's working conciously at it, filling his body with chakra as well as increasing his ki flowing through his body, as low levels of both of these energies filling the body has healing aspects. Part of it is also magical, Ranma's Jusenkyo curse heals him/her a little with each transformation, although with some types of injury the injury will only be aggravated by the transformation, there is still some lingering magic from other things in Ranma's body that increases Ranma's healing, such as the water of life, the jusendo water (recent) and the orochi moss, this is simply from physical exposure to these powerful healing magics, and barely affects Ranma, the phoenix pill is a bit more effective, not only does it protect Ranma from heat and flames, massively increasing his resistance to these (although the full body cat's tongue makes it hurt only a little less than it would if Ranma was normal) but it also makes Ranma heal rapidly and resistant to all sorts of burns, including sunburns (Ranma could lay naked in the desert sun and never have to worry about sunscreen or sunburns, and just get a really nice tan).
The magic in Ranma's body isn't chakra, it's a vareity of different energies attached to his physical body or aura, or soul, these energies are a purer form of magical energy than chakra, with the exception of a few which are chi based or spiritually based. The Kyuubi is a formation of an energy of this sort, a 'pure construct of chakra', actually made of demonic energy, which behaves much like chakra, only is more potent, and horribly tainted with the negative. There is potential to use chakra based seals to possibly control the Jusenkyo curse, to a degree, although it would actually be easier to cure it with chakra sealing techniques, by removing the cursed energy from Ranma's body and sealing it in a scroll or other receptacle, the problem with controlling it is the Jusenkyo curse is based primarily in chaos magic energy, which is by it's nature almost impossible to control and unpredictable, and tends to draw strangeness or be drawn to strangeness, simply by karma and destiny. There is also danger to removing the curse, the change is actually a complete change, that isn't actually maintained by the cursed magic, if the cursed energy were removed the most likely result would be the chaotic energies reacting and forcing Ranma into cursed form before leaving Ranma's body, turning Ranma permanently and truly into a girl, once her soul fully adhears to the female body, since a soul has no gender to it, and Ranma's other energies are allways mixed in normal people, with tendencies towards having more of the type of energy appropriate to their gender (yin/yang stuff), thanks to changing back and forth, Ranma's energies are much better balanced than the normal person's.
Ranma has already been exposed to a lot of ninjutsu, not only is Ukyo a ninja (and I suppose she uses chakra for much of her movements and attacks to enhance them, much like, say, Tenten) but there is, if you go by the manga, Konatsu, who if I remember correctly can 'create solid clones' (ie, Kage bunshin no jutsu), and is supposed to be a genius ninja. And if you go by the anime, Kuno has that ninja Sasuke working for him. Ranma can also use at least one ninjutsu (kawarami) which uses hand seals and chakra, so entering a world like the Narutoverse shouldn't be too surprising for Ranma.
As for Ranma's ki, chi, and reiki techniques being not visible to the sharingan, no, I don't think that should be the case, the control maybe couldn't be copied, much like how if you could use the sharingan but didn't have the chakra or chakra control to use the technique you can't copy it, or if it requires specific training like the rasengan, but I believe the technique's energies would be visible to the sharingan, _however_ they would not be visible to the byakugan, which I believe only see's chakra and magical energy or through things (and around in 360 degrees). There is also evidence that knowledge of these sorts of technqiues would be found in the Naruto world, which seems to have samurai and possibly shinto spiritualism and psychics, Rock Lee seems to be able to subconciously use battle auras sometimes, via strong emotion, as can Gai and Naruto, although there is less displaying of this in Gai's case, probably because he has more control over his ki to keep it from becoming visible, Iruka seems to be able to use Soun's demon head technique, which is chakraless and uses aura and chi manipulation, and of course there seems to be knowledge of the energies that are mixed together to create the techniques. The reason the sharingan can copy jutsu when the byakugan can't is because the sharingan can see more than just the chakra created, but also the movements of the chakra and the different energies acessed and manipulated to get it, as well as gives the user quicker perception, advanced, photograpic, edictic memory, and incredible attention to detail, whereas the byakugan doesn't see lesser energies of chi, ki, or reiki. Neither the Byakugan or the Sharingan allows you to see souls, although psychic powers (and other things like the dead demon imprisonment jutsu) might allow you to sense or see them them. (for instance those with cursed seal level 2's 'entirely lose their sense of self' ie. to reach it they have to briefly 'die' and afterwards theybecome an undead, soulless being, as Garra notices about Kimimaro "you're soulless" and likely the becoming soulless opens a cursed seal level 2 body to possession by Orochimaru's soul from his immortality technique, the 'rejection reactions' orochimaru mentioned recently, are likely because the person he used the techniuqe on last still had a soul, which was a good thing for Orochimaru because their souls probably partially mixed and Orochimaru got his arms back, which had been missing from his soul since they'd been hacked off)
As for Ranma's abilities compared to other Naruto characters, well, Ranma likely has higher amounts of ki and reiki than most. I'd place him above Lee and below Gai in ki reserves. I'd say that Ranma's reiki is probably exceptional however, Ranma has shown evidence of incredible psychic potential, prophetic dreams, strong danger senses, empathic techniuqe copying, and in my interpretation, the neko-ken sealing away much of Ranma's psychic powers, not to mention the ability to properly use shinto spirit wards, and evidence that Ranma has shinto preist/miko training. However, Ranma's availible psychic powers are probably only a bit stronger than say, Yamanaka Ino, with her possesion jutsu which probably indicates strong psychic powers and needing lots of reiki to make the kind of chakra the jutsu needs, and seemingly being projecting her reiki at an opponent to control them via the chakra technique to control it, with Ranma's full psychic powers, if Ranma was able to get rid of or merge with the neko-ken, I'd place Ranma's psychic abilities above Orochimaru with his incredible killer intent or Tsunade with her tendency to get good luck when bad things happen or are about to happen and have terrible luck the rest of the time. Ranma would probably become known for using advanced techniques that don't use chakra in addition to whatever jutsu he ends up learning, and also for technique copying, via psychic empathy and energy senses, as well as a mind geared for that sort of thing.
(a good plot device would be for onna-Ranma to be mistaken for an Uchiha, some manga illustrations that have been colored display onna-Ranma with pink, red, or purple hair and eyes, if you were to say onna-Ranma has red hair and eyes in your fanfiction, and she displays an ability to copy techniuqes (probably mostly taijutsu ninjutsu would probably be hard for Ranma to copy, Ranma usually doesn't get techniques down after only seeing them once, and definitally can't use them as the opponent does to counter them) she could be mistaken for a lost/unknown member of the Uchiha clan with an unmastered very low level sharingan, which doesn't have tomoe marks yet, only the red eyes part)
As far as Ranma's pysical abilities go, I'd say Ranma's taijutsu is only about kimimaro's level, maybe less, Ranma's speed seems about the same as kimimaro, if Ranma is using the amaguriken, which indicates Ranma isn't very fast ninja abilities wise, Ranma's flexibility is probably about the same as many very flexible ninja, although of course not as good as that team-mate of Kabuto's with the disjointed bones during the preliminaries or Orochimaru's snake limbs thingy, possibly better than kimimaro's. Ranma's acrobatic ability and strength however, those are likely greater than kimimaro's Ranma's physical strength, even in girl form, is probably comparable to Rock Lee with three gates open, and Ranma's acrobatic fighting style is probably equivalent to the 4th's fighting style, although Ranma isn't as fast and doesn't have the teleportation stuff, and Ranma's airial moves and grappling are probably jounin or even senin level. Ranma's toughness and healing rate is probably Ranma's real strength, Ranma's toughness is probably equivalent to someone in cursed seal level 2, and Ranma's healing rate is probably about 1/10 as good as Naruto's is when Naruto isn't actively channeling the Kyuubi's chakra, which is still amazingly good. Ranma should display an extreem learning curve for new techniques (I wouldn't put it past Ranma to be able to see the Rasengan once or twice, and after training for a few days or so, be able to pull it off himself if he's allready mastered water walking), a nearly unparalelled spiritual penchant and esoteric quality, and an ability to eat that exceeds an Akamichi (thanks to the 100 man strength stomach noodle, the French Dining training and food fights with his father), and chuunin-jounin level energy reserves to produce chakra from. Ranma would make a good 'hidden sand priest' as in someone like the one who eventually bonded with a tanuki demon to become Shukaku, who was origionally a priest who could control sand, likely an advanced chi manipulation technique manipulating the chi in the sand. Ranma might also be able to use his/her spiritual power to force out evil powers like Mitarashi Anko's cursed seal (anyone who's reached level 2 is a lost cause because their soul is gone and they've become an undead creature that relies on the evil powers of the cursed seal to create their spiritual energy and thus chakra). Ranma would make a strong ninja, but not overpowering, at least at first.
Eventually, I'd lead Ranma down the path of a taijutsu specialist or medic nin, but with a lot of other esoteric abilities and Ranma's old abilities, and some strange jutsu thrown in. With the hiryuu shoten ha and Ranma's airial combat style, I'd say that wind based jutsu would be excellent for Ranma, vacuum blades (the chakra based ones of Hidden Sand are probably stronger than the demon god assault bomb ones of the Yama-Sen-Ken, given that the Yama-Sen-Ken doesn't seem to affect living things as much as the Hidden Sand ones do), the rasengan, and the fighting style and jutsus of Temari are all stylistically appropriate for Ranma, although how Ranma would learn them is up to the author. For a summon, I think cats would suit Ranma best, but this would require Ranma to first overcome the neko-ken fears. Possibly, you could have Ranma become the Nibi 'Jinchuuriki', have Nibi want to temporarily 'hide' in a human from Akatsuki and Ranma be especially good of a vessel because of the neko-ken, the Nibi would make a deal with Ranma that in exchange for curing the neko-ken and helping Ranma master his cat side, and for the use of the nibi's chakra, the nibi no nekomata would get to hide in Ranma from Akatsuki, which has some way of tracking it, but if it hid in Ranma, it would be safe from their tracking. Ranma's spiritual power would give him/her the resistance to possession or the Nibi's demonic corruption he/she needs, although the situation wouldn't be permanent, Ranma could potentially force the Nibi out, or the Nibi could leave voluntarily without Ranma being able to stop it, although it wouldn't be able to affect Ranma unwillingly on the way out, or perhaps have Ranma's spiritual power not as controlled, the Nibi attempts to hide in Ranma and possess and corrupt him/her becaause of Ranma's spiritual resonance with cats, but have someone place a seal on Ranma to give him/her resistance to this possession and keep the Nibi from escaping turning Ranma into a jinchuuriki, maybe have the Nibi get revenge for this by getting rid of Ranma's curse but leaving Ranma really a girl, which would make Ranma hate the Nibi. Although evidence in the manga shows that Ranma isn't really all that uncomfortable with being female, Ranma just perfers being male and circumstantial stuff makes it important for Ranma to maintain his masculinity, his father's views, the engagments (don't want to marry Mr. Tendo, yuck), peer pressure, the seppuku contract with his mother, the whole man amongst men thing, but removed from Nerima, the only thing I can see, emotionally, that would upset Ranma about being stuck as a girl is that his girl form is slightly smaller and weaker than his guy form, but if Ranma were to discover a special power or skill in her girl from that his guy form wouldn't have... well she'd be liable to not care as much, given how Ranma seems perfectly comfortable even hitting on guys and going on dates with them as a girl later in the manga (although this is more an act of con artistry than attraction), and fully willing to exploit her girl from for all sorts of instances, even fighting Happosai or Kuno, known perverts. (something tells me that Naruto with his hilarous sexy no jutsu would think Ranma's curse was very useful)
Okay, I think I've said enough.
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Fri May 12, 2006 2:07 am

:shock: wow, that is very well thought out. Mind if I copy all that down and save it on my reference folder since I'm eventually planning to write a fic where Ranma will be training Naruto?
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Fri May 12, 2006 2:42 am

Dragon Man wrote::shock: wow, that is very well thought out. Mind if I copy all that down and save it on my reference folder since I'm eventually planning to write a fic where Ranma will be training Naruto?

Sure, go ahead. If nobody uses my energy system it isn't worthwhile to come up with, except for my own use, which IMO, isn't enough.
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Fri May 12, 2006 2:43 am

Nekomata-sensei wrote:
Dragon Man wrote::shock: wow, that is very well thought out. Mind if I copy all that down and save it on my reference folder since I'm eventually planning to write a fic where Ranma will be training Naruto?

Sure, go ahead. If nobody uses my energy system it isn't worthwhile to come up with, except for my own use, which IMO, isn't enough.

Thanks :D Any idea how demon energy like Inuyasha uses would work into the system? Or is that another form of reiki?
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Fri May 12, 2006 3:15 am

Dragon Man wrote:
Nekomata-sensei wrote:

Thanks :D Any idea how demon energy like Inuyasha uses would work into the system? Or is that another form of reiki?

Too many quote levels!! ARG! :evil:
:P
Anyway, I'd say Inu-Yasha's youki is more along the lines of the Kyuubi's 'chakra' it's not a basic energy like reiki, chi, or ki, as in, it's not a chi type, it's a magic type. Magic type as in, elemental power, etheral streams, shadow energy, chaos power, demonic power, divine power, the power of greater spirits, strong druidic magic, the Celestial powers of the Sailor Scouts, the magical cores and magical energy of the Nanoha or Harry Potter series (which some people possess and some don't), the magical will and emotion powers of Cephiro, and the 'Digital Energy' of the Digital World. Most entities that possess these energies don't need more than one lesser energy type, their soul directly produces this power, or they are simply a manifestation of this power, such as the Guardian Knights in Nanoha A's or the Bijuu in Naruto. These are 'greater magics' where as chi(and ki and reiki as types of chi) is the basis of lesser magics. Chakra is the basis for a sort of 'middle magic', more potent than basic chi types because it's more concentrated, but not as stable, powerful, or versitle as the greater magics can be.
There are exceptions to this rule however, different sorts of energies react in certain ways with each other, the reiki of a pure of heart person, or simply strong mortal reiki, is often particularly strong against demonic youki, while some demons can often absorb ki or even souls in some way and turn it into youki. Some shinobi accociated with Orochimaru (a member of Kabuto's team and the 'weakest' of the Sound 4) have displayed jutsu to drain away another's chakra and ki, and convert it into chakra and ki for themself, this may be a specialty jutsu or a bloodline limit.
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Fri May 12, 2006 3:19 am

Thanks!!! This will be a big help for my fic when I finally get around to it!
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C