Nova Chapter 1 (complete)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Nova Chapter 1 (complete)

Postby nav » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:47 pm

This is an alternate universe. I have also taken liberties with the Tenchi story and timeline (whic is nothing new).
Hope to have the completed Twilight's Coming chapter 3 in the next couple of days.
Ranma walked slowly along the streets of Juban. He would rather be roof hopping, but his battered and bruised body wasn’t up to it at the moment. He had been sneaking out of Nermia for months now after he found Doc Tofu’s location. But this time before he could get out of the district he was attacked by Ryouga, Mousse and Kuno waving live steel.
He had won and left them unconscious in a dumpster but not before taking some damage himself. Hopefully, Doc could help him before he began his lesson. Doc had told him that he left Nermia because he believed he was becoming a danger to others because of his reaction to Kasumi.
Ranma was teaching Tofu the soul of ice so he could face his love and tell her his true feelings. Afterwards, he helped Ranma with his education, manners, vocabulary and social behavior.
Ranma’s grades had soared since the lessons began and he wasn’t putting his foot in his mouth as much, but it still didn’t resolve his fiancée situation or the constant fights from his fiancée’s other would-be suitors. Akane malleting had eased off somewhat as Ranma tried not to insult her, but her out-of-control temper still introduced him to the business end of her mallet quiet often.
Right now all he wanted to do was get to Doc’s clinic, sit down for a breather and maybe have a cup of tea. But as always events conspired against Ranma as he heard people screaming in the distance.
“Why me,” he muttered as he forced his battered body into a run.
Demons come in all shapes, sizes and varieties. Some demons looked human. Some were ugly enough to stop a bullet train in its tracks. This one was one of the extremely large ugly ones.
It stood about 12-feet tall, had four arms and was covered in dark leather looking plates. It had two slits for nostrils and a wide mouth filled with long sharp teeth. It had long thick fingers tipped with sharp curved claws.
Ranma rounded the corner and saw the demon take a swipe at running man. The claws sliced through his throat like butter sending a geyser of blood into the air. “No,” Ranma screamed as he ran toward the rampaging monster. He cupped his hands together and fired of a moko takabisha without announcing his attack.
The ball of confidence ki slammed into the demon moving him back a few feet. Ranma followed weaving in between swipes of the four arms to hit the creature with his Kachuu Tenshin Amaguri.
Moving faster than he had anticipated the demon slammed a fist into Ranma’s stomach hurling him through the wall of a nearby store. Consciousness slipped from him as water from a broken pipe changed him into Ranma-chan.
She struggled slowly to her feet, her battered and bloody body protesting every move. She looked around he unfamiliar surroundings trying to figure out just exactly where she was. There was someone else missing. Someone important to her, but every time she tried to remember her head exploded with pain.
There was a demon. She remembered that. It had hit her. Hurt her. But why wasn’t she transformed. She knew she should be transformed in order to fight a demon. How do I transform…There should be a pen…Do I need the pen…Is there another way.
Focus…I need to focus and feel the power and I can transform. Despite the pain and the screaming of the injured she turned her concentration inward to find the tendrils of power that coursed through her body.
Deep within she saw the power and interwoven within it was the taint of other magics. If I can grab the power and force the transformation it will burn off the other magics within my body.
She concentrated and called on the power that was the essence of her body. Light swirled around her body changing it and forcing it into a mold that was designed long ago. It burned away the most of the alien magic and merged the remainder. Chromatic light cascaded across her body and formed a black leotard that hugged her shapely curves. A black fuku with silver trim that came almost to mid thigh was next followed by two silver bows, one in front on her chest and the other in back. Soft black calf-high flat-soled boot were the last to form.
Sailor Nova stood once again on the earth.
Hearing screams, Nova ran toward to source to see five other similarly clad girls dancing out of the demon’s reach and firing long range attacks. The long haired blond suddenly stumbled into the path of the demon who reached back preparing to swipe at her with its razor sharp claws.
Nova became a blur as she dashed forward scooping up the girl and moving her out of danger. “Stay here,” she commanded as she ran back into the fray. She slashed at the demon with blue claws that appeared on her hands. One of the demons arms fell to the ground as black icor squirted everywhere.
Leaping back she cupped her hands toward the creature and called out “Plasma Blast.” A searing ball of energy slammed the demon in the chest knocking it off it feet and leaving a smoking wound in its chest. “Hit it now,” she cried.
The other girls simultaneously fired off their attacks on the now motionless creature instantly vaporizing it. With the creature gone Nova relaxed and as she did her transformation slipped and she fell to the ground. She had not been able to hold the transformation long enough to heal her body.
The Senshi slowly gathered around the unconscious form of the bloody and battered redheaded girl in the oversized red and black chinese outfit.
“Who is she,” Moon asked. No one answered. Mercury knelt by her side and examined her. “She’s in pretty bad shape, we need to get her to a doctor.”
“There’s one near,” Venus said. “I saw the office on the way here.”
“Jupiter, carry her,” Moon said. “Venus, you lead the way. We will transform before we get there and tell them she got hurt in the demon attack.”
“Damn Pluto, where are you when we need you,” she exclaimed. “Mars, have you seen anything in your fire readings about her.”
“Not a thing,” Mars replied.
A quick duck into an alley and a short light show later five girls in school uniforms entered the clinic of Doctor Tofu Ono with the injured girl.
The receptionist saw the bloody form being carried in and recognized her as the Doctor’s friend. “Doctor, we have an emergency,” she cried.
Tofu rushed out of his office and saw Ranma. “Bring her here,” he said, leading them to an examining room. “And put her on the table.”
“You girls can wait outside,” he said as he began his examination. “If you need to use the phone to let someone know where you are, just ask my receptionist.”
“Ranma, Ranma,” he muttered to himself as the girls left the room. “How do you get into such scrapes.”
The girls huddled together when they got back to the waiting. “What should we do,” Usagi Tsukino asked.
“I think we should wait here and try to find out what we can about her,” Ami Mizuno replied.
“I can go back to the shrine and do a fire reading,” Rei Hino said.
“Makoto and I can go over to the outers and see if we can find Setsuna,” Minako Aino said.
“Are we in agreement then,” Usagi asked. Everyone nodded. “Okay, let’s do it.”
“Usagi, we should call our mothers and let them know where we are,” Ami said.
As the others left, Usagi and Ami used the phone and then settled down to see what would happen next.
In the examining room, Ranma started to wake up while Tofu was finishing bandaging her wounds.
“Doc,” Ranma said in surprise. “What happened, how did I get here.” She tried to sit up, but a wave of dizziness hit and she had to lay back down.
“Well, as to what happened, I don’t know. But you were brought here by five lovely girls.”
“Fiancées,” Ranma asked.
“I don’t know,” Tofu laughed. “But they did seen rather concerned. Why don’t I go get them and you can ask them yourself.”
Tofu the room and returned with Usagi and Ami.
“Uh, do you know what happened to me,” Ranma asked.
“You got hurt in a demon attack. My friends and I found you in the street after the Senshi disposed of it. I’m Usagi Tsukino and this is my friend Ami Mizuno. Our other friends had to leave, but we wanted to stay and see how you were doing before we left,” she said as she ran out of breath.
“Funny, the last thing I remember is being hit through a building. I’m Ra..Ranko
Satome, by the way. And what are the Senshi.”
“What, you haven’t heard of the Sailor Senshi, the defenders of love and justice,” Usagi asked.
“Ah, no,” Ranma replied. “Should I have.”
Usagi was left speechless by the girl’s lack of knowledge.
“Oh, by the way,” Ranko said. “You aren’t fiancées, are you?”
“Fiancées, eweeeeeee,” Usagi said, while Ami looked on with speculation.
Minako and Mokoto had just knocked on the outer’s door when it was answered by Setsuna. “What brings you two here,” she asked
Both Minako and Mokoto started to speak at once. “One at a time,” Setsuna said.
“You tell,” Makoto said to Minako as Setsuna let them into the kitchen where she had been drinking tea.
“Have a seat, girls and tell me what happened.”
“We had a demon attack,” Minako said.
“That’s not so….,” Setsuna started to say as Minako interrupted her.
“We had help from another Senshi,” she said.
“Say what,” Setsuna yelled. “What did she look like.”
“She was short, redheaded and maybe five-feet tall. She wore a black fuku with silver trim and one of her attacks was called Plasma Blast,” Makoto said.
Setsuna was stunned. “Nova,” she whispered.
It had been more than 17 years since she had left and she still felt the pain of the leaving. Even after all this time I still love him, but staying would have caused more problems. ME, making sacrifices for another, who woulda thought. She who had only wanted one man for a husband had only married to give her son legitimacy.
And what a pick he had been. Genma Saotome, what was I thinking? At least his constant training trips with his perverted master made the few years I was with him almost bearable. And any time he wanted to get intimate all I had to do was give him a few bottles of sake and he would pass out and wake the next morning convinced he had done his manly duty.
But the pain was a constant. Only the birth of her son had helped remove that pain for a while until that baka Genma had stole him leaving behind an idiotic contract that she would have been a fool to accept.
Since he was her husband, and the head of the family, in Japanese eyes, the police had done nothing. And since her leaving the resources she could call on had been severely limited. Still, she had managed to track Genma and Ranma over both Japan and China, but she was always just a step behind never quite catching up.
Now it’s different. I know where that bastard is staying and I will have my revenge and reclaim my son
She muted the anger she felt and knocked on the door of a dojo in Nermia. A tall girl with a peaceful demeanor opened the door.
“May I help you,” Kasumi Tendo asked.
“Yes, I hope so. Are Genma and Ranma Satome here?”
“Uncle Genma is here right now, but Ranma went out, he should be back shortly.”
“I would like to see him,” the woman said respectfully.
“Come with me,” Kasumi said leading the woman into the house.
When they reached the living room she saw two girls in school uniforms. The younger, dark haired one was scowling fiercely in her direction while the older, brown haired girl looked at her calculatingly.
On the other side of the room sat two men playing go. One of them was the one she was looking for.
“Uncle Genma, you have a guest.”
Genma turned and his eyes widened in surprise and fright. Putting up a bold front he said, “It’s good to see you, wife.”
“Well, Genma it seems you are wrong on two fronts. One, it’s not good to see you. And two, it’s no longer wife.
“Shortly after you ran off with my son and left that stupid contract I got a divorce and was awarded custody of Ranma. That means whenever he is found he will be returned to my custody.”
Emboldened by the lack of the katana that she used to carry, Genma started to bluster. “See here woman, I know what’s best for the…”
“Genma,” she interrupted. “You know less than nothing.”
Soun and the three girls were in shock. Ranma’s mother had appeared and she was a force to be reckoned with.
“Genma, let me show you who you are dealing with.” With that statement she dropped her disguise field. Dark hair became a spiky cyan and the pupils of her eyes became slitted. Her kimono changed to a long dress, slit up the side with pants underneath. Strangest of all was her tail that seemed to almost have a life of its own.
She formed a ball on energy on her outstretched palm. As she closed her hand on the ball a glowing sword of energy formed. “Genma, my real name is Ryoko Habuki and in another lifetime I was the greatest space pirate in the galaxy.
“And,” she smiled ferally as she advanced upon balding, fat form of Genma Satome, “your worst nightmare.”
“Demon woman,” Genma snarled dropping into a defensive crouch, “I won’t let you have my son.”
Ryoko laughed. “Demon, Genma, you fat fool, you don’t know how apt that is. And you don’t have any say in the matter. Besides,” she grinned evilly, “I was pregnant when I married you. Ranma isn’t your son.”
She opened her hand letting the sword dissipate. “I won’t be needing that to deal with you.”
With a bellow of rage Genma charged only to be met by a ball of energy knocking him out the door into the koi pond. Ryoko followed only to be surprised by the giant panda jumping out of the pond in a geyser of water. Momentarily stunned by the sight Genma managed to hit her blasting her into the stone fence.
Thinking he had won Genma held up a sign, “No weak woman can stand up to me.”
Ryoko growled as she pulled herself free of the fence. She then rocketed toward Genma raining blow after blow on the panda. Moments later, the panda lay beaten and bloody at her feet. Glaring at the other watching from the porch she asked, “Anyone else have any objections.”
The ringing of the phone broke the tenseness of the moment. Nabiki being the closest went to answer it.
“I’m sure you won’t mind me waiting for my son,” Ryoko said grinning. Soun just shook his head in agreement.
“Would you like some tea while you wait, Habuki-san,” Kasumi asked. Akane just looked at her sister in amazement not believing she could ask that after the woman and beat their guest senseless. Well, he did deserve it. He’s nothing but a pervert, just like his son. Besides I’m a better fighter.

“Yes, thank you, Kasumi, I would like that. And call me Ryoko please. I really don’t like formalities.”
Nabiki who had just returned said, “Ryoko I don’t think we’ll have time for that. The call was from a clinic in Juban. Ranma was injured in a fight with a demon and will have to stay the night. The doctor asked if we could bring him some clothes since his were mostly destroyed in the fight.”
“Was…was he injured bad,” Ryoko asked.
“Just a few cuts, bruises and a mild concussion. He mainly wanted to keep him because he used almost all his energy reserves.”
“Let me get him some clothes together,” Kasumi said. “Did you get directions.”
Nabiki rolled her eyes, “Of course sis. Why don’t we all go and visit him and I’m sure Ryoko is anxious to see her son.”
“I don’t want to see that baka, he was probably on a date with one of his girlfriends,” Akane said angrily.
“Fine then,” Nabiki said. “Why don’t you stay here and fix dinner for the fathers. I’m sure they will enjoy it. Won’t you, Daddy.”
Soun just stood there and nodded, tears gushing from his eyes.
Akane’s eyes lit up with the thought. “I know just what to fix. And I know they will enjoy it unlike that baka Ranma.”
Nabiki sighed as she pulled a growling Ryoko away from Akane to join Kasumi for the trip to Juban. I hope I can get her away before she decapitates my spoiled brat little sister.
All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
nav
Senshi Candidate

Postby iiradned » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:58 am

Interesting read. My first question is, is Tenchi Ranma's real father? Cuz' that would be something, Ranma as a Senshi with full Jurain powers added into the mix. This has to be handled carefully as there are people would just dismiss this story as another over-powered Ranma type. Just pray that Washu-chan doesn't want to Ranma into her lab. :wink:
iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Drawde » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:16 am

Just a small thing, but did you know that Ryoko's "tail" is a part of that set of clothing? It's something that tends to get missed in fics. Unless this is based off of Universe canon, in which case I can't remember at all if that's the case.
Drawde
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:56 am

The Ryoko part was handled a lot better in the completed chapter. Since Ryoko looks a little like a cat will Ranma be afraid of her. Up to you. Can't wait to see the next chapter.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:11 am

Indeed, I find this one much better than the previous version I read. Ryoko was handled here a lot better, with the motivations and such given before the actual conflict. I look forward to seeing what happens in this next, as well as who is Ranma's father. Keep the fics coming Nav, they are most enjoyable.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Re: Post

Postby Dragon Man » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:06 am

Dark Magic wrote:The Ryoko part was handled a lot better in the completed chapter. Since Ryoko looks a little like a cat will Ranma be afraid of her. Up to you. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

Ranma is more likely to be afraid of Ryo-ohki, who sounds like a cat, until he gets used to her. Hmmm, Ranma's powers so far include Ki-claws, but did he gain the rest of Ryoko's abilites, such as flight, teleportation, phasing through walls, energy sword, etc? Because those would be very useful in a Senshi battle!!!
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:41 pm

The flying would defiently help Ranma, with his style of martial arts concentrating on aerial moves.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

nova

Postby nova » Sat May 06, 2006 12:15 pm

it is a good story to read and want to see what pluto tells the other scouts about sailor nova. how does ranma react to being a scout. :D
nova
Senshi Candidate

Postby ranger5 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Agreed. The "new & improved" portion with Ryoko is definate that. Much better understanding of the background, much better job of showing her motivations.
Good job of keeping the Tendos and Genma pretty much IC.
Overall much improvment made to a pretty good chapter already.
Can't wait to see more.
ranger5
"It's better to hit with a .22 than miss with a .45."
ranger5
Senshi Cadet

Postby deathgeonous » Tue May 09, 2006 2:37 pm

I too wonder who the father could be. Tenchi is an obvious choice, but then again, Kagato has potential too, if this is total AU. And do I detect stuckness? Ranma locked as a girl for forceing the tranformation to Nova? And does Ryoko know of the curse? She had been following them, so the possiblity is there. More would be apprecated. Thanks for writing.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C