No Title-Work-in-progress- Blueseed/Ctrig cross

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

No Title-Work-in-progress- Blueseed/Ctrig cross

Postby Raz308 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:06 pm

This is just a quickie to hold you guys off for awhile, I'll add more, this is just part of the prologue. (Note I rush the beginning so I can fit most of it in, ill edit in the rest later.)

Momiji sat up in her bed and rubbed her face. The sunlight from the window pierced through to the back of her eyes. She squinted, but a raised hand was still needed. To her left, an alarm clock was flashing the time 12:00 at her as if it was madly trying to tell her something. It made no impression on her as she bat it off the dresser with her hand.
"Stupid power outs..." she mumbled. A shadow crossed by the window, blocking the harsh sun from her eyes. Instantly, all exhaustion was drained from he body. "Kusanagi!"
"Don't get so worked up, I'm just stopping by for a second. Did the power go out here again too?" Kusanagi stepped from the tree into the window as he spoke.
"Yeah, thats the third time this week. The energy company released a statement that they didn't know whats going on. Do you think...?" She trailed off into silence, fearing what she had been about to say.
"No, the Aragami are gone." Kusanagi stepped down from the window and closed the shades. "I came to make sure you got to school on time today." His hand crossed over her bedsheets and slid them down slightly. "A panda today?"
--------
Though Momiji had gotten used to the rude-panty-viewing pervert that was Kusanagi, she still never let him escape unscathed... a white bandana was wrapped around his face covering a red mark the size of her fist. The sounds of their footsteps echoed through the empty streets as they walked to school. "Do you feel it?" Momiji stopped walking. The sun made its way through the clouds and through her hair. Kusanagi stepped out of the sunlight and under a nearby tree. His body color and hair blended perfectly with it.
"Yeah, I do." The words fell out of his mouth.
"The energy, it feels drained from the area." The tree above Kusanagi began to wither before their eyes, the bright green leaves cracking and twisting themselves into a dull brown. The wind swirled through them and ripped them from their branches. "Kusanagi, the lights." Momiji lifted a hand and pointed at the street signs.
"The powers gone..." He ran a hand through his hair and scratched the back of his head. "You've been behaving lately, I suppose you could skip school and check this out with me."
"You dolt! I don't need your permission!" A hint of red made it's way to Momiji's cheeks.
"Heh, tisk tisk. Come on, the power station for this area is right below us, maybe we can catch someone if they are doing something to it."
"But what about the tree, why did it-" Momiji was cut off by the sound of Kusanagi pulling out a manhole.
"You coming?" Kusanagi jumped down into the sewer system. Momiji followed right after him, taking her time climbing down the ladder and skipping off the last step. The hair on the back of neck tingled and began to rise. "There sure is a lot of energy flowing down here for a place that just felt so empty." Momiji nodded in agreement. Now her ears were tingling, a faint humming drifting through them.
"You think someone's just got a weird machine running down here?" Kusanagi didn't answer. He paced forward a few steps and stopped. "Kusanagi?"
"No, this is nothing man made." Kusanagi walked forward again more, disappearing out of the light from under the manhole and into the darkness.
"Wait up Kusanagi!" Momiji ran to catch up to him, her feet splashing through the thin layer of still water on the floor. "Mr. Kusanagi?" Her voice echoed throughout the sewer system, ringing back and fourth, vibrating with the now louder hum. Why did you go and do that? Great, now everybody knows we're down here. Where'd you go Kusanagi? "Mr. Kusanagi?" Her whisper still found a way to bounce off the wall and echo back at her.
"Here Momiji, I found it." Found what? Momiji wondered. She turned to see a crack of light next to her. She felt her along the wall, sliding her hands across the cold slimey surface to find a small knob that opened the door.
"What is that?" The room was not lit by a light, but something else. In the center of the massive holding tank was a twisting ball of blue light. Lightning arced from it's core and thrashed about the room. The ball began to flatten out and expand into a disc that didn't stop growing in size. "What is it?" Momiji asked again.
"I don't know..." was Kusanagi's only reply. The blue disc stopped growing in size once it reached the height of the room. The lightning stopped erupting from it but left the ceiling sparkling from the current. A hand emerged from the disk,leading way to an arm, then a shoulder, then the body of a woman. She stepped out of the portal and onto the floor. "Kaede..."
"Kaede?" Momiji walked toward Kaede. "How... how are you here?"
"The time has come, his will is clear and will be obeyed."
"Kaede?" Kusanagi walked toward her this time, but her dark gaze didn't remove from Momiji.
"His will is clear, the world and time itself are his."
"His will? What's going on Kaede, why are you here?" Momiji stomped her foot down in determination to get an answer.
"He wont be stopped, he is coming." Kaede stopped staring at Momiji and lifted her head to stare at the ceiling. "He is here." her voice sounded almost robotic from it's monotone.
"Kaede..." Kusanagi fell to his knees.
"Get up, now's not a good time to get weak Kusanagi!" Momiji ran over to him and pulled him onto her shoulder.
"That power, can you feel it?" Kusanagi used Momiji's help to get back to his feet. "Kaede, can you hear me." Kaede's continued to stare at the ceiling with a look of intent.
"Thats not Kaede." Momiji growled. "Kaede's dead, she died and can't come back."
"Then who's ... -" Kusanagi stopped speaking as his attention was drawn to the portal. A shell made it's way through slowly, inching it's way out. The shell was covered with layers of spikes that seemed to move. "What's that?" Kaede finally recognized the other two in the room with her.
"This is Lavos, the supreme power." The creature inched out further, it's head finally coming into view. It's shape resembled an opening and closing claw, it had no eyes.
"Kaede, what have you done?" Kusanagi pulled himself from Momiji and charged the creature as it completed it's immersion from the portal. It shrieked a deafening sound as Kusanagi got near. "Take this you giant turtle!" Kusanagi extending the green fin in his forearm until it projected like a spike, pulling it down with all his force onto Lavos' shell.
"You can't hurt Lavos" Kaede chuckled.
"Like hell I can't!" Kusanagi tried again with his other arm, aiming for a different area. Lavos let out another shriek and shot one of it's spikes at Kusanagi. "The hell?" It grazed his arm as he got out of the way.
"Kusanagi, be careful!" Momiji screamed. Lavos let a spreay of his needles fly into the air and crash up through the cement ceiling. Seconds later yellow pin strikes ripped down through the ceiling at Kusanagi. Green blood trickled from his sleeve down his arm. "Mr. Kusanagi!" Kusanagi fell to his knees on the ground and coughed up a little blood. His jacket, now in shreds fell off of him exposing all of his mitamas.
"Momiji... run..." Kusanagi mumbled as blood trickled from the corner of his mouth. A glimmer of light warned Momiji of what was coming and allowed her to duck as a spike ripped through the air where she had just been.
"No.... Kusanagi!" She ran towards him and knelt beside him. "I'll protect you Kusanagi." She looked over him one last time, there were holes all over his chest, leaving one cracked and one destroyed Mitama. "I'll protect you..." Lavos launched another spike at Momiji, but this time she held her ground. "No!" She screamed as she summoned her energy to block the spike and shatter it in midair.
Lavos shrieked again at its failure. It's mouth opened and a yellow ball of energy began to swirl into existance.
"You wont touch him ever again..." Momiji threatened as she summoned all of her energy. Lavos' attack began to materialize more, turning into a blinding yellow light. Then, without a sound, an effect that even seemed to drown out all other noise, a beam of energy erupted from Lavos' core. It sliced through the air, heading directly at Momiji and Kusanagi. "Ever..." Momiji used her energy to summon a forcefield to stop the attack.
"You can't win!" Kaede screamed. Momiji's barrier extended out further as Lavos' attack continued. Sweat beaded on her brow from the exhaustion. She pushed the barrier further and further, losing energy with each breath. Lavos shrieked once more as it's attack was reflected back at it. Momiji fell to the floor and the world went black.
Tanzura koite!!
I made no reference to blue seed. Even if I did name my cat Kaede
Raz308
Initiate

Return to Stories and C&C